M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Raikoh

Re: M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane

Outlaw wrote:
Spoiler
I don't know that I would have relented like Akashi did when Tsugumi stopped his attack on the Corpse. It's not like a tiny little person could have done much to shield anyone in a fight like that anyway. I'm also getting the feeling from Tsugumi's response to going back with them and the scene with the Arbornine (sp?) at the end that Tsugumi may no longer be able to live outside the Lightless Relm.
Spoiler
I think it's because Akashi doesn't want to kill Tsugumi unless he absolutely needs to. It'd probably be out of pity, guilt, the human instinct to not murder others, or some combination of the three.
Side note: Sable's little hand axe things are pretty cool. M3 plamo when?
Spoiler
EDIT: Just a little bit of news/trivia. Turns out that "M3" stands for "Mission Memento Mori". Unless it's just a subtitle. Also, Visual Novel confirmed (where you can pick a character and the story changes based on who you choose to play).
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Destiny_Gundam

I think that's just the game's subtitle, since they'd probably use it for the anime first if that's what the title stood for.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Outlaw

Raikoh wrote:
Spoiler
I think it's because Akashi doesn't want to kill Tsugumi unless he absolutely needs to. It'd probably be out of pity, guilt, the human instinct to not murder others, or some combination of the three.
Spoiler
My intended meaning was that he could have easily killed the Corpse even with Tsugumi trying to shield it, she wasn't really covering its core and it's not like the hammer/pick weapon they use causes explosions or anything. Sorry, should have been more clear.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Ryujin

I guess that Natsuiri did manage to get connected with everyone on the island.
Raikoh

Spoiler
I absolutely loved the last couple of episodes. They really put into context everything Natsuiri has been doing since episode one, without trying to sugarcoat or cop-out on his backstory. They make you feel sympathetic for the man (or maybe "pity" is the better word here?) despite the fact that his methods are completely monstrous. It's an epic tragedy with one of the most ironic tragic flaws on Natsuiri's part: his inability to understand Mimei.

Gotta say that I was expecting Natsuiri to do something that would make him a "boss character" but it was handled so well that I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.
Also, I love the prototype Ma-Vess design.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Destiny_Gundam

Well, Kamille's NewType paradise plan didn't pan out for him.
Spoiler
Looks like Minashi is going to try it next.
Outlaw

Is it okay to celebrate Dr. Crazy's death now? I just have this nagging feeling that if I let me guard down he's going to pop back up as some weird Necrometal übermensch or something.

Also...
Spoiler
Sad episode was sad. So if Aoshi is really kaput what will they do to get the Argent working again? Late series upgrade time?
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Raikoh

Outlaw wrote:Is it okay to celebrate Dr. Crazy's death now? I just have this nagging feeling that if I let me guard down he's going to pop back up as some weird Necrometal übermensch or something.
Spoiler
I think it's pretty safe to assume he's kicked the bucket for good. After all, the vengeful ghosts of the island tore him limb from limb... PUN NOT INTENDED AT ALL.
Also...
Spoiler
Sad episode was sad. So if Aoshi is really kaput what will they do to get the Argent working again? Late series upgrade time?
Spoiler
The Argent seems a bit too familiar to just ditch it. I think that the most they'll do is install a new LIM. Now, who do we know who could possibly have a high resonance rate with Akashi who is currently getting eaten by necrometal...? That's right, my money is currently on Heito.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Ryujin

It's hilarious how, after Aoshi's demise as a LIM, people were expecting Heito to become relevant again. He sure was--for about five or so minutes before he's made even more redundant.

And no one bothers to mention him whenever they talk about restoring the necrometal victims, either.
Outlaw

Well, in their defense Heito really is the perfect mix of creepy, scary, and mean that makes people want to actively try to forget.
Destiny_Gundam

Whelp, it's over.
Spoiler
Happy endings for everyone!
Meh at first, but it really improved as it went along to become something definitely worth the time.
Ryujin

Indeed, quite satisfactory.

After ten long years,
Spoiler
Tsugumi finally gets a new wardrobe.
Raikoh

Definitely the best anime of the year in my opinion. We still have Fall and Winter seasons, but it'll take something really mind blowing to top M3.

That final boss music!

SRW when? Plamo when?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE