Racism and Discrimination in Anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
excalibur2008

Re: Racism and Discrimination in Anime

ShadowCell wrote:it's an effort to make the Empire that much more evil, by making them racists on top of everything else
I would have thought destroying inhabited planets and murdering children would have handled that though.
teslashark

excalibur2008 wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:it's an effort to make the Empire that much more evil, by making them racists on top of everything else
I would have thought destroying inhabited planets and murdering children would have handled that though.
Now you know behind the violence they are die-hard asshats with petty reasons.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
ShadowCell

excalibur2008 wrote:
yeah, well, why just kill when you can overkill
RevenVrake

Wasn't the actions of the Britannia based on Imperial Japan's own actions and habits when dealing with conquered people? I would swear I read that somewhere...
Henyo

one series that averted the racism and discrimination, even though it had the chance to explore, it is Break Blade. unlike Cross Ange where Normas are aplenty, unsorcerers are so rare that Rygart and his brother are treated like normal people. the only thing they lack is the ability to use quartz powered tools.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
teslashark

RevenVrake wrote:Wasn't the actions of the Britannia based on Imperial Japan's own actions and habits when dealing with conquered people? I would swear I read that somewhere...
The thing that really makes Britannia pointless to follow is revealing Charlie Oatmeal as a terminal daydreamer. They killed a crapload of people to kill lies, and what do you expect?
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com