The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: Gunpla Build Fighters SEQUEL announced!!

WELL, THAT WAS QUICK.

HYPE!!!!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kuruni

Lets hope that they won't mess up...

As long as it is as fun as the first, it will be good enough to me.
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

Well, if Reconguista ended up not being a TV series, I guess this will do.
HellCat

And in Gundam fandom, they say, something amazing happened that day.

The young and the old, the First and the Wingers, joined hands and chorused as marvelous singers.

For though they may fight and prefer different writers, all could welcome more Gundam Build Fighters.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Compass

Dear Diary,

I hope they don't kill anyone in this series. Going 0 for 0 in Season 1 was nice, as was the fact that everyone (that I cared about anyways) got a happy ending.

Sincerely,
Compass
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
balofo

All I want is:
-No Build Knuckle equivalent ruining fights
-More budget so they don't skip LOTS of fights/show 2 second clips
battletech

Best news I've heard all week.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Compass

And we'll be able to get Gundam 00 S2! What about Gundam AGE? Still no? :(
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Raikoh

I'm holding out the hope that it'll be centered on a new cast of characters with brand new models (and everything I've seen about it says "new series" rather than "new season" so that's entirely possible), with the cast of the original appearing as cameos at most.

What sort of old cast cameos? Well, something like Cziommer with a custom Neo Zeong (he likes big units, after all) and perhaps Sazaki sis getting a prominent role?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
LightningCount

Interesting question: Has Sunrise found their magic bullet? I honestly haven't watched enough of Build Fighters to make a judgment for myself, but it has a lot of popularity, and is getting what seems to be a sequel. Is this a "magic bullet" in that it theoretically sells the model kits (and kit mash-ups across UC and AU) to the kids and fans, whereas similar attempts to relaunch Gundam with elaborate conflict stories of one sort or another have been met with mixed results? You basically have Sunrise and Bandai cutting to the chase and getting what they want with Build Fighters. It sort of makes the need for more elaborate stories irrelevant if you're creating a multimedia cash cow of toys, games, etc. It sort of becomes something like Pokemon. Stuff like UC and The Origin become sort of pet projects to satisfy the older fans, but that becomes beside the point for the franchise at large, which has always been about moving kits, and now has a vehicle singularly devoted to that at the forefront. Thoughts?
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Raikoh

I don't think so. Build Fighters is something that worked best because it was made just as much for the old fans as it was for new blood. A lot of the fun came from seeing older characters or Mobile Suits appearing, or crossing your fingers and hoping for your favorite Suit to get an appearance. And while the Build Fighters units are great, they're all variants of existing units (only exception being the Mock).

Build Fighters is like dessert, whereas Gundam war stories are the rest of the meal. You can't just have dessert, since it would be unhealthy. Though that isn't to say I wouldn't be in support of having dessert regularly, just so long as it's backed with the essentials.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
LightningCount

Raikoh wrote:I don't think so. Build Fighters is something that worked best because it was made just as much for the old fans as it was for new blood. A lot of the fun came from seeing older characters or Mobile Suits appearing, or crossing your fingers and hoping for your favorite Suit to get an appearance. And while the Build Fighters units are great, they're all variants of existing units (only exception being the Mock).

Build Fighters is like dessert, whereas Gundam war stories are the rest of the meal. You can't just have dessert, since it would be unhealthy. Though that isn't to say I wouldn't be in support of having dessert regularly, just so long as it's backed with the essentials.
I didn't say old fans wouldn't like it in the short term, but I'm just saying if this finally works with the new blood in a big way, they don't need to focus on the old fans or the preconceived notions of what Gundam is in terms of war stories. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's intriguing business-wise. In that model, dessert would be the war stories, and the model kit stories would become the main course. (Picture the period of Mega Man where Battle Network became its driving identity, replacing its previous identity except for a handful of titles).
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Outlaw

Raikoh wrote:I'm holding out the hope that it'll be centered on a new cast of characters with brand new models (and everything I've seen about it says "new series" rather than "new season" so that's entirely possible), with the cast of the original appearing as cameos at most.
Since BF ended I thought a follow up focusing on the next generation (children, students, fans, etc.) of fighters would be cool, that and I would love to see what kind of children the myriad BF pairings might yield.

Personally, I would want to see the older characters do more than just cameos, maybe do what Zeta did and have the previous gen around to guide the newbies. Essentially they could fill the same role that Rinko, Ral, and Chinan filled in original BF.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Compass

This works for both old and new fans. A big part of Gundam that a lot of us take for granted is the gunpla. I'm sure some of us find some of the story nice, but when I point out something like Gundam SEED Destiny, the only thing most of us will like from that is how awesome all the gunpla are.

This one provided excellent story-telling without compromising on action/wanton violence (without having to kill anyone in the process), developed characters, and sold gunpla.
FieryBlitz

I AM SO FREAKING HYPED FOR THIS!! ARE YOU GUYS HYPED!? I'M DEFINITELY HYPED!! *gets dragged away before his excitement brings the house down*
Heaven Piercing Man

If this means we'll get a Turn X Maoh I'll be stoked as hell.
Mythgarr

I say BRING IT ON!

Can't wait to see more of the X kits. Airmaster and Leopard has not been shown, yes?
Visit The Dreams
Calubin_175

Veteran adult builders will always win.