The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk I

Keep in mind that the Federation collapsed early on in the U.C.0200s... CONSENT failed just as easily after that so we don't know what government we will have to focus on.

I don't care how many of you try to ignore G-Saviour, but voila... Federation collapse earlier than anticipated ;)
darkhunger

Deacon Blues wrote:Keep in mind that the Federation collapsed early on in the U.C.0200s... CONSENT failed just as easily after that so we don't know what government we will have to focus on.

I don't care how many of you try to ignore G-Saviour, but voila... Federation collapse earlier than anticipated ;)
One of the many things I would like to see from this series is Tomino retconning G-Saviour to oblivion and beyond. Something that should have been done years ago. :P
Dark Duel

Given that Build Fighters indirectly acknowledged the existence of G-Saviour by prominently featuring the eponymous G-Saviour Gundam in one scene of the series, I think you can keep on wishing.
Granted, that scene featured it getting its butt kicked by Gary Stu McWeaaboo and his Hyaku Shiki, but it still counts.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
darkhunger

Dark Duel wrote:Given that Build Fighters indirectly acknowledged the existence of G-Saviour by prominently featuring the eponymous G-Saviour Gundam in one scene of the series, I think you can keep on wishing.
Granted, that scene featured it getting its butt kicked by Gary Stu McWeaaboo and his Hyaku Shiki, but it still counts.
Yeah, so it exists in GBF. As do SD Command Gundams and Bearguy-sans. Doesn't mean it's canon or that we should care about it.
toysdream

Don't forget the Beginning Gundam!

Curiously, however, the Build Strike didn't exist in the Build Fighters universe until Sei created it. So although the people in the Build Fighters universe have seen many of the Gundam shows that exist in our universe, they apparently haven't seen, well, Gundam Build Fighters. :-)

-- Mark
gunform1010

https://twitter.com/gundam_reco

Any see anything interesting here?
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Amion

toysdream wrote:Don't forget the Beginning Gundam!

Curiously, however, the Build Strike didn't exist in the Build Fighters universe until Sei created it. So although the people in the Build Fighters universe have seen many of the Gundam shows that exist in our universe, they apparently haven't seen, well, Gundam Build Fighters. :-)

-- Mark
You just wait. They'll have some crazy 4th wall moment in Build Fighters S2 doing exactly that. Where they mention "I thought that happened in Episode ___" Build Fighters would do it.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
gunform1010

Amion wrote:
toysdream wrote:Don't forget the Beginning Gundam!

-- Mark
You just wait. They'll have some crazy 4th wall moment in Build Fighters S2 doing exactly that. Where they mention "I thought that happened in Episode ___" Build Fighters would do it.
Woo fourth wall breaks!

HellCat

I'm all for BF going Spaceballs on us.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Wingnut

I can see the Mr. Rental scene between Sei and Reiji with the former being Sanders.

"When will then be now?"
"Soon."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
balofo

Tomino Interview:
-Earth was on the verge of resource exhaustion so now the orbital elevator plays an important role in the industrial area, elevator moves at 500km/h
-The population of RC is reduced to 1/10(of UC?)
-The only green left on Earth is the Amazon Forest, location of the Tower which can move between sea and river
-Story is about Earth preservation for the future, where colonizing other planets isn't a option
-MS shouldn't exist in this timeline
gunform1010

Source?

And how the hell? The pop was seriously reduced? What the hell happened?
MS shouldn't exist? But the UC existed. Does this mean MSs are old history?

Kratos

Assuming that's a real interview, then wow, that's quite the population dieback. Kind of doesn't look good for the existence of space colonies.

I'm curious about what exactly was said regarding MS - obviously they do exist, and a number are part of Tower Guard forces, so what exactly does our friend mean by "shouldn't exist"? Maybe that they're supposed to be Capital Guard-only weapons and thus it's surprising that the pirates attack in them. Got a link there, balofo?
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
latenlazy

Makes me wonder if the population drop was fast or gradual.
gunform1010

darkhunger

gunform1010 wrote:Source?

The summary seems to be from https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet

The actual interview was this 19 pg interview with Tomino in a new book about space elevators.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... ref=nosim/
gunform1010

darkhunger wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:Source?

The summary seems to be from https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet

The actual interview was this 19 pg interview with Tomino in a new book about space elevators.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... ref=nosim/
It's relatively recent, so it seems legit.

balofo

>>・UC時代に資源を消費しつくして、地球は死滅寸前に追い込まれた。
UC era completed exhausted natural resources on Earth. Earth essentially can't support a human civilisation by itself. (implying they need imports from Space to survive.)
>そのためRCは重工業を再生させずにキャピタルタワー周辺に重工業を集中させた。
In RC the Heavy Industries is concentrated around the Capital.(Essentially because the Capital is where the Space Goods arrive on Earth.)
>キャピタルはその為に資本の意。
"Capitial" city actually meant to mean "Capital" as in finance.
>・RCの人口は1/10以下。 ・タワーがアマゾン上空なのは、緑が残っているのはその周辺だけだろうと思ったから。
RC era has only 1/10th of real life human population. The greenery around the city is what's left of the Amazon.
>・タワー基部は河と海の間を移動できる。1000年の間、移動は当然あったという想定。
The Space Elevator base can move, across rivers and oceans. And since it is 1000 years old it has been moved about quite a lot.
>・ゴンドラをMSの20mから逆算したが球は容積が小さいので失敗した。でも直さず連結すれば良い。
Not sure translation here. The transport orbs used to ship stuff on the elevator was meant to fit 20 metre tall MS, but it seems the calculation was off so they can't fit. So they just strp the MS to the train directly (Not sure, need confirmation from better translator.)
>・宇宙エレベーターの速度は500km/h。
The Space Elvators transports at 500km/h.
>・キャピタルタワーの先端は宗教的聖域。
The Capital Tower is a part of the Cathedral and is Holy Ground. (No confusion whatsoever; 聖域)
>・今の10代の子供たちに50年後の地球をどうするかの解を求めてくれよという物語
I am trying to write a story about what kind of Earth the teens of the world would have to deal with in 50 years time.
>・地球の未来を甘く見るユートピア的な見方は全否定したかった。地球外移住も信じていない。
The population of RC is in denial about the state of Earth and how we have no future here. They also refuse to migrate into Space.
>・二足歩行ロボットは作っちゃいけないものだと答えられる様になった。
On the whole the world reject the use of bipedal robots (?)
>>地球から衛星軌道に上がる宇宙エレベーターは、前の世紀のころに三基建設されていたのだが、
Space Elevator connects the ground to space satellites. There were three of them made in the previous Era. (I like to think they are referencing 00 in this.)
>宇宙世紀のあいだに破壊されたり、残った一基も崩壊寸前だったのを、前世紀の”干渉期”に修復されて、それが正常に運用されるようになったことを記念して、
In UC due to war, two Elevators were destroyed and the third was on the verge of collapse. But the final Elevators has been repaired and is now it working order in RC.
>現在は、人類史に新しいメッキをしようという意味の呼称がつけられていた。
Regild Century is about humanity repairing itself. (represented by how they repaired the Elevator.)
>それから千余年、キャピタルによって運行されるようになれば、宇宙エレベーターはキャピタル・タワーと呼ばれるようになって、
For the last 1000 years, the Space Elevator was controlled by the Capital, and as such it started being called the Capital Tower.
>現在、地球上で通常エネルギーとしてつかわれているフォトン・バッテリーの運搬のために恒久的、永遠に使われる施設になっていた。
Now the Elevator is used to ship "Photon Batteries", the major source of energy used by all humans on Earth, down from Space.

The more accurate translation is

The view of a Utopian future for earth is completely rejected. There is no belief in space migration either. This is actually inline with Tomino's recent believes
latenlazy

Once again, Tomino is the one who pushes the vision of this franchise forward.
gunform1010

So space elevators were built in UC. They never thought once to build them earlier, you know, to mostly diminish the need for rocket fuel?

The world probably rejects robots because of UC. Understandable, but what about for repairs of the Capital Tower, where you need systems like AMBAC, given that you're working in space? Kinda illogical.