Aldnoah.Zero

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
YokozunaBulldozer

Aldnoah.Zero

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Title: Aldnoah.Zero
Director: Aoki Ei
Writer: Urobuchi Gen
Animation: A-1 Pictures, TROYCA

I guess as Urobuchi is finishing up writing about fruit-armored superheroes He now has another project at hand. Thoughts?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Aldnoah.Zero

Depends on how much work Urobuchi is going to do on this one. While he's credited on Gargantia, I guess he only actually worked on 2 episodes. Still, I have a feeling he's going to fully take the reigns on this one.

Which means it'll be grimdark and potentially joyless.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
YokozunaBulldozer

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Depends on how much work Urobuchi is going to do on this one. While he's credited on Gargantia, I guess he only actually worked on 2 episodes. Still, I have a feeling he's going to fully take the reigns on this one.

Which means it'll be grimdark and potentially joyless.
My guess is after he finishes up writing for Kamen Rider Gaim he should be fully taking the reigns like you said.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
wielder

Technically speaking Urobuchi might not have written every episode of Gargantia, but he was still involved in conceptualizing the idea behind the series (along with the director, Kazuya Murata) and presumably also oversaw the work of the other writers to some extent. Either way, I liked the show well enough.

There's very little to say about the Aldnoah.Zero project right now, given the lack of data, but at least the first mecha design seems alright and the staff involved should make for an interesting combination.

I do imagine a lot of people will come into this expecting Urobuchi to go back into his usual writing style full of tragedy and death and so forth.
Soul Eater, the True Rune