The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9ZXvzSJYWIU/U ... 140413.jpg

I'm trying to figure out why the Sazabi looks good in lineart but the model is blah. Usually it's the opposite.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Xenosynth

I think it'll look better with a non-prototype model. Most of the painted prototypes lack lining and are a bit rough. We'll have to see though. Exia Dark Matter's lineart also looks nice.
latenlazy

They can probably afford to draw the torso narrower than the kitbash allows.
Dark Duel

Not just the torso, but also the arms. Sazabi's got big, beefy arms as well as a bulky torso, so really the entire upper body looks awful with those skinny little legs.
Kind of like if you took Bolt Gundam and stuck the Nobel Gundam's legs on it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AmuroNT1

Dark Duel wrote:Not just the torso, but also the arms. Sazabi's got big, beefy arms as well as a bulky torso, so really the entire upper body looks awful with those skinny little legs.
Kind of like if you took Bolt Gundam and stuck the Nobel Gundam's legs on it.
I said the same kind of thing when I first saw Miss Sazabi - that it looked like someone went into Gundam Breaker and just slapped Nobel's legs onto Sazabi's everything else before calling it a day.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Destiny_Gundam

AmuroNT1 wrote:I said the same kind of thing when I first saw Miss Sazabi - that it looked like someone went into Gundam Breaker and just slapped Nobel's legs onto Sazabi's everything else before calling it a day.
I fail to see the problem, considering the kind of universe this show is set in. Don't view it as some professionally designed thing, view it as some one actually slapping two kits together.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kuruni

And you can blame whoever behind Meaningless War's Chanel, as it mean they can't use similar design, else someone will laugh at them for stealing fanwork.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kratos

Bit behind on the game here, and I just saw the first episode of this. It was fun!

Honestly, though, I feel kinda bad for Sazaki.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Xenosynth

Just started the current episode. Lots of interesting developments.
Spoiler
Sei has an amazing moment channeling Amuro while hyponotized by Nils and trying to remember the 'secret of the plavsky particle.' As Nils said, "His subconscious memories from age 3 are filled with Gundam dialoge."

Also, "The Italian Dandy isn't just for show!"

We also have confirmation, the funnels are simply clear parts. And the Fenice's beam saber, while attached to the wrist, is like a mini-beam machine gun.

Also, we learn more about Aila's suit, (It appears that when activated on overdrive, it's extremely painful. Since she wasn't doing well against Fellini, the Nemesis Sponsor, wanting the tournament won for his grandson, basically, they put it at full output because Aila wasn't doing her best.)

Fenice was going to self destruct and Ricardo was going to take out Aila's MS with him. Fellini, with the help of Kirara calling to him, concedes so that the Fenice can fight another day, and Aila still attacks it, stabbing it repeatedly while it's on the ground after she already won the match and it was supposed to be over. Reiji then jumps in with the Beginning Gundam he built to stop her, but she completely annihilates it, and then passes out, hitting the helmet and revealing part of her face. The stinger is Reiji recognizing her. The preview for the next episode shows her in a pretty bad state.
Again, another episode I enjoyed, this time with a bit more drama to it, and a lot more questions raised.

Edit: Also...
Spoiler
Was anyone else reminded of the EXAM system with how Aila went berserk/lost consciousness? Mainly just the sort of brutality of it, reminded me slightly of the BD-1 having its freakouts.
Last edited by Xenosynth on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, the question of the episode is definitely
Spoiler
why didn't the battle system shut off once Fellini conceeded? I know it wouldn't be dramatic otherwise, but still.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
HellCat

A5.

When they said it, I started thinking "Ha, that's like before when they cryptically mentioned 'Launch the R2' in-"

And then they did it.

Really good episode. The show has by this point found the right balance between comedy and drama, so you get great character stuff balanced out in just the right amount as to not make watching depressing.
latenlazy

I thought this episode had the best comedy by far. The interaction of the four boys is really quite something else.

Poor meat bun shipping. But what's love drama without tension and conflict.
Strike Zero

Kirara should have just let Fellini blow his ass up. Then the circle of Wing callbacks would have been complete. :lol:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
latenlazy

Strike Zero wrote:Kirara should have just let Fellini blow his ass up. Then the circle of Wing callbacks would have been complete. :lol:
Clearly Kirara has one over Relena. She actually got her man to not blow himself up :lol:
HellCat

She's clearly channeling Catherine Bloom.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Yup, at this point I have completely forgiven Kirara/Mihoshi for her skullduggery during episode 4.

Also, Mr. Torgue has something he'd like to say.
Mr. Torgue: UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT!! WHERE THE &@%$ IS THE REF?!!

And since we're up to episode 20, you know what that means... :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
latenlazy

HellCat wrote:She's clearly channeling Catherine Bloom.
Without the incest undertones.
Proteus

Great episode, a good mix of battles and drama.
Spoiler
PPSE is rolling out the Exia is seems, that should turn into Dark Matter once its finish. Since its under Alan, I assume its for Meijin as a replacement for Kampfer Amazing.

The end results of this battle is a forgone conclusion, I think all of us already anticipated that Fenice would ultimately lose in order to set up the Reiji-Aila fight. However to lose in such a manner is still pretty sad.

I think that glowing thing on the Qubeley is maybe psychoframe. It fits its depiction, though the actual model kit doesn't have anything of the sort, just stickers.

Question: Does self inflicted Bright's slap count? Will Sei finally man up and be able to control gunpla in battle?
BrentD15

Proteus wrote:Great episode, a good mix of battles and drama.
Spoiler
I think that glowing thing on the Qubeley is maybe psychoframe. It fits its depiction, though the actual model kit doesn't have anything of the sort, just stickers.
From what I heard, it might be something similar to the NT-D System. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
DoubleZero

I always thought that the SBS' RG System was like the Psycoframe, or specifically, the NT-D, considering all the crazy stuff it did.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."