The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Raikoh

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

Wingnut wrote:Speaking Soul Bro, he'll go nuts over this when he sees the episode if he hasn't already.
ohgodtiffa

Something that I'm wondering about the next episode is if the Super Renato Bros are going to be cheating, since if the second round works the same as the first, their official match will be after the Fellini vs. Aila and Seiji vs. Gary. The preview mentions they're attacking with "shrewd tactics", and the sniping unit with detachable dog backpack might be ideal for it.

Maybe it's just my imagination running wild, but the presentation of the preview combined with the fact that it's taking place before the big name matches of round two make me think that it'll be the brothers interfering with Meijin's match against Fox.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Zeonista

Once again, too many things to be excited over to list. :) GBF has now animated the might EX-S Gundam, now may we have a Zeta Plus or a Xeku Zwei, pretty please?
I do agree that there is a great deal of drama potential in a Reiji/Aila encounter. Bad enough when they inevitably will have to battle against her - because it is nearly inevitable, based on the brackets (see below), and Gundam Rule of Drama dictates that the battle MUST take place.
You are quite right, it must happen! Otherwise all the meatbun shippers will be horribly cheated, and that would be a worse letdown than the last 10 episode of Gundam SEED Destiny. :P Besides, for once the Gundam Ace Pilot and the Newtype Girl can fight without Cruel Fate offing the girl. (If AIla gets incapacitated from a dramatic headache, she will revive in time to watch the final match, 'cause that's how GBF rolls.
On another note, just a quick question: When the Star Build Strike activated the RG System for that final move, I can't be the only one whose mind immediately went "T-LIINK KNUUUCKLE!!!!!!"...right?
This episode did get me to hum "Flying in the Sky" a couple of times. My favorite shout-out to the show was the master's pose after Mao saw him win the first time. :D
Here's how I see it going, based on the brackets:
Fellini beats Raman Khan (obviously)
Aila ROFLstomps Peter Morris (again, obvious)
Round 2 for this bracket is therefore:
FELLINI v. AILA
And as much as I hate to say it, Wing fanboy that I am, this is where poor Fellini goes down, HARD.
Niels, of course, is going to beat Georgios Laertius(duh)
I agree, Aila & Fellini get automatic wins in-story because we know they are awesome. :) Sadly Fellini is not going to win here, but I say he will uncover some of Aila's "Newtype" tricks, for future reference.
So, equally obviously, our main characters' Round 2 match will be SEIJI v. NILS. Sei and Iori are going to win, I think, though it will be a really tough match. One that I am really looking forward to.
It has been given out in-story already, so you are on safe ground. :) Nils is clever, but he does not have The Spirit of Gunpla (TM) so he will lose just when he thinks he has the win locked.
Equally inevitably, this leaves the next match as…
SEIJI v. AILA.
TWEEDLE DEE & TWEEDLE DUM v. MEIJIN KAWAGUCHI III, which I honestly think is a foregone conclusion. NO WAY is The ArchRival going to job it to a couple of second-stringer punks.
Seiji versus Aila will bring the promised drama as above. The twins will lose against Meijin Bagina because they too do not understand The Spirit of Gunpla (TM). And whatever MS they can offer, the Kampfer will be simply Amazing! :D
And then, the tournament finals. SEIJI v. TATSUYA, ROUND 2. Either at this point or shortly afterwards, the REMOVED Sazabi and that Virsago-wannabe Exia will poke their ugly heads in and then things go on from there.
Why good sir, are you saying the the bad guys will try to cheat to win? :o Well, maybe that is what Papa is for, right?
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Compass

That Gunball is AWESOME O_o

Also, does Reiji know Aila's name yet? Yeebus :shock:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Zeonista

Evex wrote:I just realized that most of the gunpla on Mao's masters shelf are from this contest.

12 winners of the Gundam Build Fighters Original Mobile Suit Contest's "Studio Prize" have been announced!
Aha! :idea: That's where the MS on the shelf originated! They get +1 Gunpla level increase. :)

Compass: No, he never has asked, and she never has told him. More fun this way, right? :)
Last edited by Zeonista on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Dark Duel

Compass wrote:Also, does Reiji know Aila's name yet? Yeebus :shock:
As far as I've been able to tell from the episodes, no.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
BrentD15

Dark Duel wrote:
Compass wrote:Also, does Reiji know Aila's name yet? Yeebus :shock:
As far as I've been able to tell from the episodes, no.
Or does he?
I bet he's just waiting for the right moment to say her name and catch her off guard. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

upcoming episodes summary
Spoiler
Episode 18: Blood Hound
Meijin Kawaguchi is about to play against the Renato brothers for next round. Kawaguchi is performing a successful fight, but is troubled by the tactics of the clever brother of Renatos.

Episode 19: Blade of Astray
On the battle eve of Nils Nielsen, Nils calls Sei and Reiji. "I have something I need to ask from you two. It's alright to forfeit the battle if you tell me." What are his motives?

Episode 20: Aila the Betrayer
The best 8 are advancing, and Fellini is taking the field. His opponent is is Aila. With the myth of unbeaten Aila and Qubeley Papillon, how will Fellini fight with Wing Gundam Fenice?

Episode 21: Among the Sparking Particles
"What am I doing here?" - An encouter with Barthes. A scout. Forced battling. Endless training... There is no choice but to fight for me. Aila is reminiscing...
Kuruni

So we're going to see Aila's dark and trouble past soon...

...and certainly, it will spawn even more dark and troublesome doujinshi :twisted: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
MarshalBraginsky

Or Meat Bun Derby. I'd love to see Aila go up against Reiji though.
Ryujin

Yet another great episode, another punishing fight.
Spoiler
MAO SHOT DOWN (again)
AINA
LITTLE ARMY MEN
EXAM SYSTEM

And next week, more CAROREIN
Strike Zero

AW, YEAH. What a match that was. In fact, I'd say it was easily my favorite thus far, even over SBS vs. Wing Fenice. A high-tension sniper vs. sniper duel, awesome urban combat and gun-slinging, brilliant tactics and strategies by both parties -- this was a very cool fight.

All this time, I've been pondering over which if any Build Fighters kit I should get. Now I know for sure -- as soon as one of my local hobby shops brings in the K9, I am snagging it. 8)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
HellCat

A good fight with some very clever uses of the technology. Though I have to wonder what all the talk about 'real war' meant. Do the brothers have a dark past or are they the kind of idiots who take games like this way too seriously?

Also curious about the internet posts about Meijin. Were those created for the show or did they go looking at Japanese/English fan forums?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Calubin_175

This was the most proper tactical urban battle in the Gundam franchise, other than MS Igloo 2.

1. NO multi-colored toyish MS
Spoiler
2. Brings in multiple rifles in case you lose some.
3. Use of drone and infantry
4. Shows off GM Sniper's excellence as a general purpose unit, thus the king of GMs during One Year War.
5. Kampfer gets to kill someone with a gatling instead of being pulverised by one in War in The Pocket.
Proteus

That was a really cool battle, not as brutal as Fenice vs SBS but this battle is equally impressive.
Spoiler
For the most part it was purely a tactical battle; luring, trapping, diversion and planning ahead. When the GM activates EXAM, I thought the Kampfer would do something similar (ie activates thingamajig to magically boost stats to get out of trouble) but nope, Yuuki just counter with his own luring and trapping. Great battle.

Really looking forward to the inevitable final rematch between Reiji and Yuuki. As it is now I think Yuuki will still win given Reiji propensity of charging head on without thinking. There is of course plenty of episodes left and I do hope Reiji smarten up en route to the finals, else its gonna be a bloodbath.
Cant wait for next week, our beloved Gary Stu vs Clueless Prince.
Raikoh

I gotta say, I think the Super Renato Bros have earned their nickname [that only I use]. The added Luang fight (if we can call it a fight) was also pretty sweet.
Spoiler
For a minute there, it seemed like they actually had Meijin beat.
Fellini really missed out at saying, "Eh, I'll just watch the replay."

Outside from that, the shipping is strong in this episode all around. And Reiji finally has something to call Aila other than "you" as he has been.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Kuruni

I'm glad that Mao recover fast and now as cheerful as ever (and I doubt I'm only one), even if he shoot his own foot in the end.

I really like how Renato browse English BBS instead of Japanese one.

Ahh, and this episode highlight one thing about shipping. While SeiXChina are graceful to watch and actually what you expect from their age, ReijiXAila simply overshadow them.

For the battle, darn, I known that Yuuki won't lose, yet it's still really tense battle.

Next episode, Caro-chan!
My girlfriend was a loli.
bullethead

That was a great battle, but I kind of felt bad that the Renatos lost. That kind of thinking and approach to battles in Gundam is sadly rare.

I also feel bad for Mao. His waifu was too shy for the kiss and jacked him up, just when he was getting over his loss.

I loved that shot of the English BBS, especially the "Amazing = A Meijin" comment. It should help clue people in who aren't on forums like this or /m/, where people are around to point that out.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

bullethead wrote:I also feel bad for Mao. His waifu was too shy for the kiss and jacked him up, just when he was getting over his loss.
I wouldn't say she was shy. I would say she acted realistically. I would do the same thing if someone just jumped me randomly and expected a kiss. Maybe if he waited until AFTER the date, but Mao jumped the gun and got exactly what he deserved.

Also I just about died when Sei asked China maybe when the tournament was over they could go on a date. Their awkward fidgeting was just so damn cutie!!!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Xenosynth

Yeah, I can't disagree with what Misaki did given that... besides him ignoring her the previous day and the help at the inn, I don't think they had very much interaction. I don't think you help out a girl once and then get to jump-kiss them on your next normal meeting >_>

And also, beyond the cuteness blob that is Sei and China, as much as I wasn't really for pairing AiNA and Reiji, they are just... hilarious in their interactions. And their love of food =P Also her choice of Aina causing Sei to do his usual fanboy mode.

The battle was superb though, great tactics from both sides. I really liked Yuuki winning with what he had, no secret plavsky related ability, and was happy the Exam system could get some more love. Also how they hinted it was an 'anti-newtype' system, maybe Yuuki/Kawaguchi is totes a newtype. Or at least pilots on the level of one.

I also liked that the Zeon pilots bombing the weakened joints was a nice shout-out to MSG. At least I believe it was.

Edit: Also thank ye Gundam lords this episode didn't have LOADS of cameos. I spent way too much time on my second watch pausing and listing because I wanted to catch all the cameos last time. Not that I dislike cameos but I always have this need to try to list out all of them before TV Tropes or anywhere else does.
Last edited by Xenosynth on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.