The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

Man, I expected an epic battle...and they gone beyond it! Great job.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Furious Rodimus

I'd be okay with another episode dedicated to the other final-16 that we haven't seen. They could even do like a Sportscentre-style recap of their Gunpla and performances in the regional qualifiers and world tournament.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Wingnut

Not gonna lie, tears of awesome were shed this episode. Wing was my favorite Gundam from day 1, and seeing Felini take his custom version and have this kind of epic battle with it is more then I could ever have hoped to see it involved with. It was also nice to see the history he had with Fenice and how he ended up modifying it from stock configuration to how it is today. Would have liked to see how he got the head damage in that series of images (to Greco?), but oh well.

Ninja Nils was probably the best use of his skills to date and Baker lets the chairman get away with quite a lot. This time being the lap pillow and letting the chairman get a very nice extended view of her legs in the process before kicking him off due to being watched. Mejin also had his moments. The fanservice for the ladies of course, but also helping to clue Nils into the spirit of Gunpla.

The moments between Mihoshi/Kirara and Felini were a long time coming and now he finally knows her beyond the gunpla idol. (Fanart of her in that dress is no doubt making its way on to Pixiv as we type.) The conflict about how he would fight is nice to have seen and going all out really was the only option in the end. The draw surprised me, but I don't have a problem with that. The post credits scene harkened back to G a bit in that while in the ring they may be the fiercest of enemies and competitors, they can still be the best of friends the rest of the time.
Ryujin wrote:OBARI DELIVERED

That pretty much sums up this episode.

Of course, there were also other things like
Spoiler
the existence of GUNPLA MAFIA, shirtless Yuuki, Ninja Nils & crying waifus but what a great fight, with everyone giving their all. That Fellini flashback montage. Also, Takeshi returns next ep. (given some of the previous arguments regarding his existence in this thread, this was a collapse of the wave function) and, judging from Rinko's behavior, she wants it reeeaaal bad.
Pretty much. And two words about Rinko welcoming her husband back: Love Hotel.

One more thing about the episode. On the board that shows Sei v. Felini, there is also another interesting pair of fighters
Spoiler
India's Raman Kahn vs. Cuba's Alejandro Cola :lol:
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
HellCat

About the preview...
Spoiler
is it just me or are there some subtle clues that Mr Iori might be a baddy? We see two of the kits from the villain montage and the ending line is shock at a parent not loving their child.

Now wondering if he'll be a baddy for Sei and Reiji to defeat and Rinko remarries to Ral...
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
AmuroNT1

Spoiler
I'm pretty sure the line about a father not loving his son is just a reference to a past Gundam series, the way the last line of every single Next Episode preview has been thus far. Not 100%, but I'm gonna guess it was from Zeta, probably in reference to Franklin Bidan.

Plus, the opening shows Takeshi alongside Ral and Mao's master, so I doubt he's going to be a villain.
Also, honest question for the modelers out there: How badly did Fellini's internal flashback make you want to dig your first Gunpla out of the back of your closet and show it some love?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
FieryBlitz

FREAKING NINJA NILS!!

If that doesn't make him into a bonafied Parody Sue, I don't know what will.
ZeonsSilverStar

AmuroNT1 wrote:Also, honest question for the modelers out there: How badly did Fellini's internal flashback make you want to dig your first Gunpla out of the back of your closet and show it some love?
That would be impossible for me as my very first Gunpla was a Wing Gundam that my grandmother bought for me some 14 years ago give or take. A younger me didn't have the patience to build it and you can guess the rest. Sad story really.

Now the first Gunpla I ever got and actually completed was a HG Age-1, which stands atop my t.v. between a Banshee and an Age-FX.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
daigundam lagaan

Anyone else really like Mihoshi despite the 4th episode? It's like she's really letting off that she has a huge soft spot for Sei and Reiji now.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
monster

HellCat wrote:
Spoiler
Rinko remarries to Ral...
No offense to Ral, but don't even think about that.
HellCat

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Spoiler
I'm pretty sure the line about a father not loving his son is just a reference to a past Gundam series, the way the last line of every single Next Episode preview has been thus far. Not 100%, but I'm gonna guess it was from Zeta, probably in reference to Franklin Bidan.

Plus, the opening shows Takeshi alongside Ral and Mao's master, so I doubt he's going to be a villain.
Also, honest question for the modelers out there: How badly did Fellini's internal flashback make you want to dig your first Gunpla out of the back of your closet and show it some love?
My first Gunpla was 1/144 Wing.

My heart...it hurts!
VentZX

daigundam lagaan wrote:Anyone else really like Mihoshi despite the 4th episode? It's like she's really letting off that she has a huge soft spot for Sei and Reiji now.
I can honestly say I never hated Kirara/Mihoshi. Yeah, her methods were underhanded, but if you actually watch the episode, neither Sei or Reiji held that against her. Heck, Sei was just disappointed he'd have one less person to talk Gundam to, and Reiji actually admired her determination to win, only pointing out that his was stronger. Mr. Ral's little speech at the end also clearly had an affect. I totally expected Mihoshi to make a comeback because she'd be grade A material for the "character comes to love ____" archetype. It's actually nice to see her growth as a woman making headway in her chosen career and finally understanding and showing an appreciation for Gunpla battle. I mean, she has no resentment for SeiRei and even seems to genuinely care about them, which is why she was concerned about them making it to the finals. She couldn't logically understand why Fellini, who's their friend, wouldn't just let them advance. It was only after a grueling battle where both parties' convictions were on display that she came to understand. That's great stuff, and another sign that knee jerk reactions like hating a character so much they were dead on their first appearance are pretty juvenile.
Evex

If this battle with Felini is any indication then the final tournament is going to be on another level for sei and reiji. I think Felini's conflict was interesting. On the one hand as a friend Felini would want to see sei and reiji go to the finals. On the other hand being Reiji's mentorish figure, a gunpla fighter and the Italian champ demanded that he go in there and tech the two of them a lesson, and to keep his reputation intact.

In the end Felini most likely decided to test the two of them. Having seen there final battle with Yuki and there progression in the world tournament. As a fighter he's most likely wanted to fight them since the Yuki final battle, before the world tournament. At the same time as a mentor he might have wanted to test Reiji himself.

I think the two Gunpla for next episode the Beginning Gundam and SD Full Armor Gundam are Gunpla Sei's dad built to show off gunpla. It's also very possible that Sei's father not only wants to test his sons building skill, but Reiji's piloting skills. Another possability is Sei's father using the Beginning Gundam while Sei's mom uses the SD Full Armor Gundam and we get ourselves a family gunpla battle. Either that or its a Fater & Mother vs Son & Girlfriend gunpla battle.
PowerdGNFlag

HellCat wrote:About the preview...
Spoiler
is it just me or are there some subtle clues that Mr Iori might be a baddy? We see two of the kits from the villain montage and the ending line is shock at a parent not loving their child.

Now wondering if he'll be a baddy for Sei and Reiji to defeat and Rinko remarries to Ral...
Several of the silhouetted MS in the "villain montage" in the last OP weren't exactly antagonistic towards Sei/Reiji (e.g. Tallgeese, Knight Gundam) so I'd think twice about assuming that.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
HellCat

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
HellCat wrote:About the preview...
Spoiler

Several of the silhouetted MS in the "villain montage" in the last OP weren't exactly antagonistic towards Sei/Reiji (e.g. Tallgeese, Knight Gundam) so I'd think twice about assuming that.
Different setups. The first OP has Build Strike flying through a batch of future opponents. The second OP directly has the various Gunpla show in a PPSE hangar with the two prominent villains of the story thus far, complete with an evil grin.
Destiny_Gundam

My first model was also a Wing Gundam kit, but it's long since lost/broken. The HG Freedom Gundam is the first kit I got as a serious fan. I still have it, but it's broken too. All my gunpla are currently packed away.

Good fight, but it kinda cements Felini's failure in the tournament. Since he's already had his big match against Sei and Reiji, they won't be fighting him again.

It was awesome to finally see some one do the move I've always thought people should do more often: when clashing beam sabers, turns yours off, move the handle down, then turn it back on to bypass the enemy's saber.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
monster

Destiny_Gundam wrote:It was awesome to finally see some one do the move I've always thought people should do more often: when clashing beam sabers, turns yours off, move the handle down, then turn it back on to bypass the enemy's saber.
That seems kind of dangerous. The moment you turn off your beam saber, the other person's beam saber could've sliced right through you.
Destiny_Gundam

Like Felini showed, just duck under it. It's trajectory would be easy to figure out.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Compass

Alternatively, my close combat Gundam will feature two beam sabers on the torso pointing straight forwards that look like Vulcans. Maybe also have them on pivots so they swish swash slice my opponent in half.

AH THE TACTICS.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Kuruni

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Good fight, but it kinda cements Felini's failure in the tournament. Since he's already had his big match against Sei and Reiji, they won't be fighting him again.
Lets me give a wild guess, Felini will face either Aila or Nils. And although he will lose, he will put everything in the fight to reveal their trick to Sei and Reiji.

BTW, Obari's twitter notes that Psyco Gundam's colors scheme is parody of "Sunrise super robot". Do anyone have idea which one it suppose to be.
My girlfriend was a loli.