Kill La Kill Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Overlord Zaru

Re: Kill La Kill Thread

That is true, though you have to be curious in regards to Satsuki's desire for WHY she makes a system like this. Is it to expose human nature for what is really is? IIRC, she mentioned something of a 'Human Liberation Project' in the earlier episodes. Was it to maybe weed out the human swine for better humans? Social Darwinis?
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
hitokirigarou

Love the pun in the latest episode: Naturals Election (natural selection).
Zeonista

The rags-to-riches-to rags story was funny, in a sitcom sort of way. However, it underlined the fact that the academy students all gain privileges based on their combat rankings. It's competitive, but builds solidarity among the people who win the star-rated uniforms. Of course, what can be won can also be lost, possibly even among the Big Four, so no slacking is tolerated! Its another case of silly action fronting for something not so silly.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Wellman

Zeonista wrote:The rags-to-riches-to rags story was funny, in a sitcom sort of way. However, it underlined the fact that the academy students all gain privileges based on their combat rankings. It's competitive, but builds solidarity among the people who win the star-rated uniforms. Of course, what can be won can also be lost, possibly even among the Big Four, so no slacking is tolerated! Its another case of silly action fronting for something not so silly.
All I know is that episode cemented my belief that Mako is the BEST character in the show.
Strike Zero

She will be best-ER once they finally reveal that
Spoiler
she was the one who killed Ryuko's dad.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!!' :twisted:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Zeonista

Wellman wrote:
Zeonista wrote:The rags-to-riches-to rags story was funny, in a sitcom sort of way. However, it underlined the fact that the academy students all gain privileges based on their combat rankings. It's competitive, but builds solidarity among the people who win the star-rated uniforms. Of course, what can be won can also be lost, possibly even among the Big Four, so no slacking is tolerated! Its another case of silly action fronting for something not so silly.
All I know is that episode cemented my belief that Mako is the BEST character in the show.
She sure is! :D

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
FieryBlitz

Hey modern anime! You could stand to learn a lesson or two from Satsuki's loyalty to her Student Council Members! This is A-grade Big Bad material! She even stopped Gamagoori, one of the best characters in the show, from committing suicide!
Last edited by FieryBlitz on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wellman

Strike Zero wrote:She will be best-ER once they finally reveal that
Spoiler

Wouldn't be surprised, its just that kind of show...
Overlord Zaru

Next we see Doggy against Ryuko.

Also, Gamagoori for Dragon for the Year award.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
hitokirigarou

They finally revealed the killer of Ryuko's dad (unless she's lying or covering up for someone).
FieryBlitz

Oh my god, Inu's face when Mako accidently bumped his laptop. That was fucking priceless. XD
Overlord Zaru

FieryBlitz wrote:Oh my god, Inu's face when Mako accidently bumped his laptop. That was ZOINKS priceless. XD
Loved how he was all dilligaf before Mako brushed against his laptop, then he went sperged the hell out XD
Zeonista

Wellman wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:She will be best-ER once they finally reveal that
Spoiler

Wouldn't be surprised, its just that kind of show...
And it IS that kind of show, currently!! :lol:

ZeonsSilverStar

Well I just saw the latest episode and Ryuko was truly terrifying. It seems being consumed by ones clothes is a very literal thing.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
T0-burnth1sHeart

Just saw the latest episode.
Spoiler
Started off like a regular 'regain your fighting spirit' sequence, then the ending....short reaction: OH SH** OH SH** OH SH**. Hope they bring Senketsu back to seams in the next episode.
FieryBlitz

NOOOOOOO!!! Nui Harumi killed Senketsu!! That bastard!! TT^TT
Ryujin

Well, that was a fun episode, and one that felt longer than it actually was. I didn't expect the other schools to be on that level of zany, nor to put up as much of a fight as they did.
FieryBlitz

Well, after seeing episode 16, I can safely say that this show has not even begun to turn things up to 11.
Flame-X

No one seen ep17 yet? It almost gave me red wedding vibes.
Calubin_175

Zeonista wrote: The rags-to-riches-to rags story was funny, in a sitcom sort of way. However, it underlined the fact that the academy students all gain privileges based on their combat rankings. It's competitive, but builds solidarity among the people who win the star-rated uniforms. Of course, what can be won can also be lost, possibly even among the Big Four, so no slacking is tolerated! Its another case of silly action fronting for something not so silly.
I thought this episode was a satire on the whole high school anime/manga genre where the school represents a microcosm of society and the student president is the highest authority and avoid showing the influence of any school principals or prime ministers. Hence, anything related to school will effect your social well being and quality of life.

Of course, it got subverted when Satsuki's mother was introduced.