35th? Anniversary?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Darkerangel

35th? Anniversary?

Is my math right? Next year (2014) will be the 35th anniversary of gundam?
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
RLZIII

Re: 35th? Anniversary?

You are correct. During the Gundam BF announcement Sunrise and Bandai stated that they will (of corse) be doing special things for the announcement, which spans from 2014-2015 (because Gundam was released in 1979, while Gunpla was released in 1980). So far we know that more about Gundam: The Origin will be announced (with a possible release during the anniversary timeline) and a new project by Tomino (currently named G’s Reconquista). Also, the seventh and final episode of Gundam Unicorn will be released and Gundam BF will be on the air during part of the time. It also seems that the "HG All Gundam Project" is part of the anniversary, which is a line of reboxing of old HG main Gundam suits along with new Gundams that have never been given the HG treatment. I'm sure that there will be much more also.
Darkerangel

RLZIII wrote:You are correct. During the Gundam BF announcement Sunrise and Bandai stated that they will (of corse) be doing special things for the announcement, which spans from 2014-2015 (because Gundam was released in 1979, while Gunpla was released in 1980). So far we know that more about Gundam: The Origin will be announced (with a possible release during the anniversary timeline) and a new project by Tomino (currently named G’s Reconquista). Also, the seventh and final episode of Gundam Unicorn will be released and Gundam BF will be on the air during part of the time. It also seems that the "HG All Gundam Project" is part of the anniversary, which is a line of reboxing of old HG main Gundam suits along with new Gundams that have never been given the HG treatment. I'm sure that there will be much more also.

Oh wow, thanks for the info.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I just hope that when we role around to Macross's 35th Anniversary in 2017, we get something more compelling than Macross FB7
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
RLZIII

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I just hope that when we role around to Macross's 35th Anniversary in 2017, we get something more compelling than Macross FB7
Generally Macross does something big for anniversaries, so it was disappointing to see the 30th go to waste essentially.

5th Anniversary: Flash Back 2012
10th Anniversary: Macross II
20th Anniversary: Macross Zero
25th Anniversary: Macross Frontier

The Macross 30th PS3 game was supposed to be very good, but I still don't think that's quite on par with the other anniversaries listed above. Would be great to see something more significant for the 30th.
Arbiter GUNDAM

You forgot Macross Dynamite 7 for the 15th Anniversary. ;)

And yeah, Macross 30: Voices Across The Galaxy was pretty good but still... something more than, well, FB7 would have been nice.

Anyway, back to Gundam.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion