Toei Robot Girls Z

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: Toei Robot Girls Z

New promotional art showing off more of the cast:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... 197dc1.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... b4f4c4.jpg

GETTER-CHAN, CONFIRMED. JEEG-CHAN, CONFIRMED. HELL YES.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Ryujin

I was hoping that Getter-chan would be three girls sitting or standing on top of one another's shoulders with the modes depending on who's on top (maybe they're cheerleaders), but one girl with costume changes is fine too (and two less VA's for Toei to hire, I guess).
Strike Zero

More new stuff

Here's the song for the opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLgtuXosgIs

And here's the first four minutes of the 1st episode, I think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC5S1ouR3R4

God, the more I see of this thing, the more I fall in love it.

IS IT JANUARY YET?!
Ryujin

Haha, I was watching this on NicoLive last night. Basically the VA's for Team Z (Mazinger, Great & Gren) & Team T (Gaiking, Gakeen, Balatack, Dangard) talking & saying various attack lines. There was even online voting, with a shock upset in favor of Team T in the second round.

Mazinger's transformation scene reminded me in part of the Mazinger Otome manga.
Kuruni

Jude from EP00, I bet we will see Jeeg Breaker, complete with luminescence flowers in background...and x-ray image of broken spine :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
GX9900-Gundam-X

I am......Not really excited by this partly it saddens me that we Still lack a Shin Great Mazinger Shogouki-hen mind you that only comes up because well ... Mazinger it was rather funny but I have mass amounts of trouble trying to get into Moe things (mostly cause Moe and Loli's tend to make me think of children and am not a fan) at the same time though I dislike Moe greatly as a dedicated fan of super robots I am still going to give it a shot and see if its comedy and other merits can out do the things that I (Rather irrationally I ashamedly admit) dislike
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Raikoh

I was gonna watch this anyway, then I found out that Mariko Honda is in the starring role as Zetto-chan and instantly decided I need to watch it. "Who's Mariko Honda?" You ask? Only one of the most consistently passionate and entertaining voice actresses, who never seems to get any work for some reason.

Honestly, I don't have any problem with new material, especially when the majority of oldschool super robot anime has been mostly forgotten. I'm more than willing to take what I can get. Who knows? Best case scenario it could boost interest in these series and get one or more to have remakes/sequels/whatever (though that's wishful thinking).

Still keeping fingers crossed for Boss Borot.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Ryujin

Okay, this just aired a few hours ago. It's silly fun, basically can be summarized as mecha beast girls being bullied: the anime (although Baranga M2 gets a few licks in, too. Literally).

Ashura definitely confirmed for being all-female.

Also, with regards to animation quality, bear in mind that it's Toei just being true to form.
JulieYBM

Oh no, moe Mazinger Z Opening!

I've seen the previews. I love Honda's performance. It looks like Tomita Yoshikazu was a key animator on the first episode, too. Damn, it's not too long before we see Shida Naotoshi on this series too, I bet.
She/Her
Strike Zero

Why they bully Doublas-chan? The girls of Team Z are horrible people. :cry:

Anyway, I loved it. Mariko Honda was amazing as Z-chan, as expected, and the fights were hilarious and over the top, which I liked. It's amazing how one finds themselves rooting for the Kikaiju girls as they struggle against the horrendously overpowered Mazinger girls, though clearly that was meant to be the point. With more Kikaiju girls and other Toei robots scheduled to appear, things can only get better from this point.

Wouldn't it be great if we were to see this trend with other franchises? Sunrise could do a Robot Girls Team G, featuring moe-fied versions of the Gundam, Zeta Gundam and ZZ Gundam. Then they could team up with Team Z and Team T for Super Robot Girls Wars. A man can dream!
Ryujin

Latest episodes just aired. It was surprisingly...lewder than the previous episodes, but I guess it's just being true to the spirit of Nagai.

Also, GIANT ROBOT FIGHT OF THE CENTURY and TWIN WMD'S.
Strike Zero

This episode was 2lewd.

Not that I'm complaining. :mrgreen:

I completely lost my shit when
Spoiler
Minerva was a trap.
I honestly did not see that one coming.

Also, I ship Z-chan and Gre-chan now, and there's nothing ya'll can do to stop me.
Kuruni

A little late, and I'm yet to find serviceable sub for episode 4-5-6.

Yeah, the fanservice increase greatly as the series progress, and it can be distracting at times. However, the jokes still stand out, I laughed hard, and the most memorable thing in episode 6 is, IMO,
Spoiler
Youko throw up after get hitted by Grenda's Bright Hooks (called so since it come after traditional Bright Slap.
BTW, I remember that Bara-tan has more loli-ish look than here. Well, episode 6 make up with that by Doublas' child-like fanservice (the second most memorable thing in episode 6 :mrgreen: , when girl look soooo adorable in a nightgown, you known you just see first rate loli :roll: ).
Raikoh

Now that I've gotten my hands on a subbed version, I think that I enjoyed episode two even more than the first. While I was hoping for Getter and Jeeg, the C-List 70s Super Robots were still loads of fun. Grenda-chan has managed to become one of my top Robot Girls, I must say (Z-chan still wins by virtue of her having one of my favorite voice actresses).

My highlights:
- Miracle Drill! "I'm not jealous!"
- Jack and Mary getting way more screentime.
- Everyone loves Ashura. This is especially true post Shin Mazinger.
- Macross shoutouts? "Listen to my song!"
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Calubin_175

Best show ever created for slapstick.

I actually had to cover my ears when Grenda joined Rhine X.

The next episode will be more serious. We are expecting the Robot Girls Z team to meet defeat and will be saved by Team G.

Danguard Ace's transformation was great.
YokozunaBulldozer

Need more Gaiking.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Calubin_175

My favourite is Poses O2(Omikron 2). It is just so funny to attach such a name to girl that is just wearing a seahorse suit. I have seen her burst out of the suit about 20 times.

All the names are funny when associated to a little girl as they were originally meant for antagonistic mechanical beasts.
Strike Zero

BEHOLD, THE TRUE FACE OF EVIL:
Spoiler
THE EMPEROR OF DARKNESS (Mycenae-tan).

Everything about the episode was just perfect, from the Gecchan and her Getter Team Butlers, to Robot Girls combined all-out attack, and Ashura, Garada and Doublas flying in to save the day. The funniest bit had to be that random budget-version Texas Mack girl who appeared out of nowhere -- where the heck did she go when the shooting started?!
And with that, it's all over. Noooooooooooo. :(

Hopefully this isn't the last we've seen of the robot girls -- after all, whose going to protect us when the Saucerbeast Girls come down from Vega?!
Ryujin

Oh good God, these last 3 episodes were just 10/10.
Spoiler
Team Z getting a beatdown from Ashura was hilarious (and lewd), while Gecchan going Ishikawa-crazy & her butlers costume-changing her into Getter-2 was just incredible.
Kuruni

They release a PV for Robot Girls Neo.

I guess the social game does extremely well.

I'm not sure what I should I wish for..that they'll make collaboration with Tsuburaya and has crossover with Kaiju Girls, or that Sunrise will release Sun-Musu anime adaption the next year and make collaboration with Toei...