Reconquista of G/G Reconquista

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

Reconquista of G/G Reconquista

Couldn't find the other thread, so here's the "official" title of sorts and information for the project.

During an NHK Radio broadcast, Tomino talked about his upcoming work that is titled "Reconquista of G" (or G Reconquista). He stated that since the Universal Century is already done (or rather he is done with it), his next work won't be set in this timeline. The MC asks him if it's okay to inquire about the next work. Tomino says the only thing he can say right now is the tentative title of the work "Reconquista of G". But, whether that will be "Reconquista of G", "Reconquista of Gundam", or "Gundam Reconquista" has yet to be decided.
"When will we be able to see Reconquista"?

TOMINO: "Um... what month is this?"

"It's already July (laughs)."

TOMINO: "Is that right? (laughs). Um... Next spring? Huh?! Is it really? There's still time? I haven't even finished the storyboard! (laughs) Hm... next autumn perhaps? I wonder... (laughs)"
Zeino

Re: Reconquista of G/G Reconquista

Looks like Tomino intends to take his time with this project...
Wingnut

If that means a better quality project, he can take as long as he wants.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
darkhunger

Deacon Blues wrote: During an NHK Radio broadcast, Tomino talked about his upcoming work that is titled "Reconquista of G" (or G Reconquista). He stated that since the Universal Century is already done (or rather he is done with it), his next work won't be set in this timeline.
I prefer the translation of "Reconquista de G" myself since the words Spanish -_-

I remember the first info about this had Tomino saying this takes place in the future of UC after the timeline has ended (therefore it is replaced by a different timeline) so maybe that's what he means.
RLZIII

Thanks for the info, Deacon. This project is definitely shrouded in some mystery. Strange that we've been getting little bits of info here and there for a long while now, and still have pretty much no solid grounding for it. Since it does seem to be taking a while, hopefully it means that the quality will be superb. It makes sense to me that since we are about to have a new TV series, and since I have a hunch that Gundam: The Origin will be a Gundam UC-like OVA, that this new Reconquista project will be a movie of sorts. I could be very wrong, but it makes sense to me.