Free!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Free!

Not infinite, but here's a 5 minute version.

But yeah, Gou was especially cute this episode. Also it seems she's accepted her name since she's not correcting anyone about it and Makoto, who had called her Kou before, is calling her Gou now.

I was happy to see Rin acting like a big brother for once. Dude needs to treat his sister better!
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Did you make THAT?! If you did...THANK YOU! (or should I say, BARBECUE!!!)

And I agree about Rin, dude should take a lesson from the Iwatobi Swim Club guys...they look after Gou better than he does...at least talk to her Rin!

I am also interested in Makoto's past with the ocean...it is being built up quite a lot...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Destiny_Gundam

You're welcome. If I actually had some audio editing software I might have been able to cut out Nagisa's laughing.
iguanaman8989

It's over now, was a great ride.
I think it's rather great that something that started out as a joke actually turned out rather well-written and great to watch.

Anyway,
Spoiler
The boys manage to place first in their heat, which would've meant that they were going to be going to nationals, but the emotional shenanigans involved with swapping in Rin led to their disqualification.
People are already asking for a second season, and they even teased it with the ending eyecatch, 'See you next summer...'
iguanaman8989

Double post for a bump!

Season 2 has just started, first episode is on Crunchyroll!
Spoiler
The (older)boys are now in their third year, and have to get more members by the next year or the club loses it's official status.
A couple of highlights:
Gou is in charge of the recruitment presentation, and pretty much just shows off the muscles (the boys list their "charm points" for much hilarity). Has an effect on the girls in the audience, but doesn't really bring any new applicants in.
Rin's the new captain of his team (a position he didn't want), and a former friend/rival has just transferred in, much dramaz incoming.
Destiny_Gundam

Yes, it's good to be back. Lots of laughs to be had. God I love this show.