Gundam Wing Blu-ray Collection w/ New Extras!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Admiral Larsen

Re: Gundam Wing Blu-ray Collection w/ New Extras!

What the hell was that. After reading what Deacon translated, he has my utmost sympathies.

Now I must go wash my eyes (and if they don't work, poke them out) to get rid of the trash that is Frozen Teardrop.
Deacon Blues

Oh it gets worse... a character who was long supposed to be dead (Van Khushrenada), somehow appears in a black Wing Zero.

A part of me really wants to work on this trainwreck, but it would just kill the memory of my teenage years watching it on Toonami. :shock:
AmuroNT1

Zeino wrote:Are you sure this is done by the same person who wrote the TV series and Endless Waltz? Because if so then what the hell happened to him?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9001

As for what happened to him...to be fair (more fair than I will probably ever be to him again), it's been over a decade since Wing ended, and reportedly Sumizawa left/was fired halfway through as part of the same debacle that meant Episode Zero didn't get animated. Even so, he WAS the show's head writer, so maybe he just has different perceptions of what would happen to these characters over time.

...Not that that excuses things like the practical cloning of characters every generation.

Deacon: My honest response would be, do you really think it's worth the effort? Unless your attitude is "If I have to suffer, I'm taking all you bastards with me", or you're indulging some kind of bile fascination, your time would probably be better served translating a better story. Or watching grass grow, for that matter.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Deacon just translate the battles.

Really liked the Epyon with green arm VS Epyon White
HellCat

It's the endgame to remove those of us who stuck with Gundam for the last decade. By translating and reading Teardrop we all die from shock and with us any memory of the failed licensing.

It's the kind of dark genius only anime writers could apply to reality.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Strike Zero

Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Deacon Blues

Uh... clearly fanart.
AmuroNT1

Yup. Heero's pose is lifted from the Blind Target cover art, and "Snow White" there is just the same Katoki Wing/Zero with brighter paint and a really silly V-fin.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Strike Zero

Given what I've seen of Frozen Teardrop, somebody coulda told me it was legit and I'da believed him. :mrgreen:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
AmuroNT1

Well, it fooled the guy over on Gundam Guy, so you can feel better about that.

But really, when you put it side-by-side with the actual stuff from FT, it should be blatantly obvious that it wasn't done by Sakura Asagi and Hajime Katoki.

EDIT: Oh, on top of that, if you look at the few pictures of "Snow White" so far, you can see it has the exact same V-fin as Zero EW.

Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

That's great to hear, 'cause the half-melted V-fin looked a little unusual.

Also, Amuro, do you mind if I ask what beef you have with the Shenlong? =p
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
AmuroNT1

You mean, why did I say its not being in in FT was the only good thing in the story? Actually, I LIKE Shenlong. But from a storytelling perspective, it would actually be regressive to bring it back.

The major thrust of Wu Fei's character development was deciding to follow his own ideals instead of blindly accepting what others handed him - like Mei Lan, Master Long, or even Captain Borden in Battlefield of Pacifists. At the end of EW, he's finally moved past that and is ready to follow his own beliefs, symbolized by his willingly self-destructing Altron and bidding a fond farewell to "Nataku". As such, it makes sense that he wouldn't have Shenlong rebuilt, since that part of his life is over and he's moved on.

That's why I said I'm glad Sumizawa didn't bring Shenlong back; for all the other horrible character missteps he's made so far, I'll gladly give him credit for understanding that much and giving Wu Fei a custom Epyon instead.

Deacon Blues

AmuroNT1 wrote:Well, it fooled the guy over on Gundam Guy, so you can feel better about that.
It's Gundam Guy. They're misinformation station as it is.