Gundam Wing Blu-ray Collection w/ New Extras!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
LightningCount

Gundam Wing Blu-ray Collection w/ New Extras!

Gundam Wing TV Series coming out in two Blu-ray sets in Japan this winter. It will include some new extras, including new commentary. I would love to hear what they have to say about it now.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... s-in-japan
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Darkerangel

Re: Gundam Wing Blu-ray Collection w/ New Extras!

LightningCount wrote:Gundam Wing TV Series coming out in two Blu-ray sets in Japan this winter. It will include some new extras, including new commentary. I would love to hear what they have to say about it now.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... s-in-japan
Let me guess...japanese language only, no subs. I assume.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Strike Zero

Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
HellCat

Based on Teardrop? It's obvious why, but can't we happily keep those 2 in seperate rooms?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
LightningCount

HellCat wrote:Based on Teardrop? It's obvious why, but can't we happily keep those 2 in seperate rooms?
I would prefer them doing OVA episodes (or picture dramas) of Episode Zero. From what I've seen of Teardrop, there are some background elements I wouldn't mind being added into Episode Zero, but a lot of stuff, while intriguing, seems to be counterproductive to the world.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
AmuroNT1

To be completely and brutally honest, I haven't heard a SINGLE thing from Frozen Teardrop I want to filter back into the rest of the Gundam Wing timeline. In fact, every time I hear about the latest chapter, it makes me want to track down Katsuyuki Sumizawa and punch him in the kidneys.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Strike Zero

Virtually all the stuff I've read about Frozen Teardrop is pretty hilarious. Like the fact that there's now a female Quatre whose the love interest of the new Trowa. Or how a central plot point actually revolves around Heero having to kill Relena.
ShadowCell

obviously i need to start looking into Frozen Teardrop because wow
AmuroNT1

ShadowCell: If you do so, and you're a fan of Wing, then do so with a healthy supply of alcohol on hand.

EDIT: Here's a plot summary I put together in November 2011 on another board. Bear in mind, this information is already two years outdated, and some of it may not be totally accurate.
Spoiler
-Mars got terraformed ludicrously fast because they discovered a strain of super-algae on, IIRC, one of Jupiter's moons. They were just studying it at first, but some kind of accident caused it to land on Mars, and basically terraformed it overnight. But then they encountered this Martian disease that makes the afflicted age more quickly (or at least they appear to); Duo is one of the affected, and looks like an older man as a result.
-Some time around Relena's 17th birthday, a plan was made to bring peace by injecting the people of Mars with nanites that would kill them when Relena died; in order to prevent this she was put in suspended animation.
-Heero went berserk (we still don't know why) and was likewise frozen; he was thawed out 30 years later because Relena, apparently brainwashed, is the President of Mars and Preventer wants Heero to kill her.
-Heero's partner is Duo Jr., who may or may not be Duo and Hilde's biological son, but either way is kind of a prick. He and Heero are given Gundams and sent to make with the killing.
-Quatre's sister/clone is in a love triangle with Zechs' son and Trowa's student, but she betrays the good guys and sides with Relena.
-Wu Fei has a white Epyon and fights Zechs...because. Zechs was the President of Mars, but when they learned about an assassination plot Noin's brother Dixneuf took his place and Zechs took up the name Cyrene Wind.
-Treize designed a Tallgeese with a special anti-nanite defensor system. It's been mentioned but nothing has come of it.
-Treize's parents were Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, and he's related to Real!Heero. Real!Heero was friends with Doctor J and in a love triangle with Relena's mother and aunt (or grandmother and great-aunt, not sure). Katrina (the (grand?)mother) piloted a proto-Epyon with a proto-ZERO System to stop a nuclear attack on the Sanc Kingdom. Also, every grand/great-grandparent introduced so far is an abusive scumbag.
-The Gundams weren't invented, they were just randomly found on Mars.
Strike Zero: I never actually heard if it was clarified if Qatrina/whatever the eff her name is was just the 41st Winner sibling, or an out-and-out genderflip clone of Quatre like people were saying. And don't forget it's not just a love interest, it's a full love triangle with Milou Merquise in there too.

Also, I will give Sumizawa credit for precisely ONE thing in this novel: He didn't bring back Shenlong.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Deacon Blues

Then there is also halo-Zechs, the mobile fortress Babel that's running all over hell on the Martian surface, Epyon White (Bai), Tallgeese Heaven, etc etc.
HellCat

*reads plot points*

We have come full circle. All those poorly written Wing fan fics are now official.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Arbiter GUNDAM

At least there's Glory of the Defeated...
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Deacon Blues

Spoiler
Oh heck, that's nothing. This just happened:

"Heero!" Relena called out.

"Relena..." Heero responded, his face showing signs of distress.

"Hold it right there!" Stella called out in an excited voice. "Don't move! If you even think about moving, I'll kill the President!"

"You'd save me the trouble... I've also come to kill Relena."

The soldiers fired their machine guns all at once.

Heero responded swiftly, taking advantage of the timing between barrages to shoot the nearby soldiers in the arms and legs. It was the only spot that wasn't bulletproof. Continuing on, he rolled on the floor, picking up the machine guns dropped by the first soldiers he hit. He fired at the remaining four, piercing their hips. (Or, he shot them in the ass haha) They collapsed on the spot, their faces distorting in extreme pain.

Stella and Relena stood ridgidly, their eyes open in astonishment.

"Relena, this is war. This is no longer beautiful."

Heero pointed the gun toward Stella.

"Stella Noventa, this is my final warning. Let Relena go."

Stella trembled in fear.

"There's... That's impossible..."

"Is that so?" Heero said in satisfaction as he was about to pull the trigger. Just then Relena made a move. She snatched the gun from Stella and one lone shot rang out in the room.

The bullet pierced Heero's chest.

Relena dropped the smoking gun from her trembling hands. Heero fell to his knees on the spot, clutching the hole in his chest. He was unable to stop the blood from rushing out.

"Relena... I still..."

He slouched forward.

"I didn't show you the brightness of my soul..."

His face was buried under the sea of blood that flowed out of him. The brilliance of his soul... That is what Relena once said to Heero.

"Heero..." Relena seemed to cry out woefully, now knowing whether Heero was still conscious.

It grew later in the night and the snow continued falling. The jet black wings fluttered gracefully.

Everything dissolved into chaos...

To be continued...
AmuroNT1

...WTF did I just read? Deacon?

ShadowCell

what the fuck was that

holy moses testes did i just read that?
Deacon Blues

Welcome to the latest part of Frozen Tearderp, I mean Teardrop, everyone! G'night!

*dies of a nosebleed from the time he wasted translating that*
yazi88

You have my deepest sympathies Deacon for translating... whatever the hell that was without getting a brain aneurysm.
Strike Zero

Spoiler
Heero: I'll kill you.

Relena: No, Heero, for you see this time it I who will be killing you.
Like, wow, this is amazing. I really should be making time to read this. :lol:
Wingnut

I've seen less character degradation in bad fanfics then what's in that spoiler.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zeino

Are you sure this is done by the same person who wrote the TV series and Endless Waltz? Because if so then what the hell happened to him?