The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RLZIII

The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

Sunrise has registered the domain name http://www.gundam-bf.net. This may mean nothing. Or it could mean something. Recent Gundam series are generally announced in June or July (SEED in 2002, SEED D in 2004, 00 in 2007, and AGE in 2011), with leaks normally coming out shortly before. So it would be about the right time if a new series was underway. ZZ, G, W, X, and SEED D were all released 1-2 years after their predecessors started, so it's not unheard of even though AGE started in October 2011.

Speculation...GO!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... er-sunrise
Zeino

Re: Gundam BF

Gundam Big Fire?
ShadowCell

the first (?) Gundam dating sim
Kuruni

ShadowCell wrote:the first (?) Gundam dating sim
The first episode would open with our hero being late to MS pilot academy, and accidently clash on to a girl on his way. Of course, she's his classmate and actually sit next to him. :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
Gone Astray

An alternate take on the events of Gundam 00, Setsuna readjusts his aims regarding the concept of Gundam and settles for dating one; much to the chagrin of his teammates, he insists of doing a round robin of dating, to find the Gundam that's right for him.

And then all the homophobes in the fandom who shot their mouths off from Wing until present die of aneurysms.

Wait, what?
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Strike Zero

Kuruni wrote:
The first episode would open with our hero being late to MS pilot academy, and accidently clash on to a girl on his way. Of course, she's his classmate and actually sit next to him. :mrgreen:
^ It turns out that this fateful young girl is a transfer student name by the name of Charlotte Annabel. She has blonde hair and wears a mask that obscures the upper half of her face, much to the bewilderment of her new classmates. Upon her arrival, she takes an immediate and keen interest in our unwitting hero and starts making advances on him for reasons unknown.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
ShadowCell

i half expected to come back to this thread and discover that toysdream or someone had posted that there is in fact an official Gundam dating sim, but it was released in the 90s and it had a very limited run and it was released for, like, Microsoft Bob or something so it's incredibly obscure
HellCat

Gundam Best Friends. Realising the pony thing is huge in the West right now, Sunrise are going to do a series about Axis Shock, a Unicorn Gundam who through adventures across the Earth Sphere learns the importance of friends and the light of the human heart.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
YokozunaBulldozer

Gundam Beer Fighter!
Its gonna be set in a post-apocalyptic world where currency is in barley flakes and beer is what powers the mobile suits. And our protagonist will be fighting with tires and chains around him. If all fails he just whacks the engine a few times with his trusty tire iron letting the Gundam reach its full potential.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Bryant Molirse

Mobile Suit Gundam: Bitter Failure

Utilizing what they have learned about killing Gundam commercially in the west, Sunrise will return to Japan to Tomino the whole franchise once and for all!

Edit:

Jokes aside, maybe it means Battle Fighter? Could be they might have taken a honest look at making a full fledge series out of the Gunpla Builder idea.
Last edited by Bryant Molirse on Mon May 27, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
bullethead

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Gundam Beer Fighter!
Its gonna be set in a post-apocalyptic world where currency is in barley flakes and beer is what powers the mobile suits. And our protagonist will be fighting with tires and chains around him. If all fails he just whacks the engine a few times with his trusty tire iron letting the Gundam reach its full potential.
That's too creative for Sunrise.
Strike Zero

HellCat wrote:Gundam Best Friends. Realising the pony thing is huge in the West right now, Sunrise are going to do a series about Axis Shock, a Unicorn Gundam who through adventures across the Earth Sphere learns the importance of friends and the light of the human heart.
SING IT WITH ME NOW!

Best Friends Gundam!

I used to have friendship as plain could be...

Best Friends Gundam!

Until Neo Zeon stole it from me!

Big explosions,
Tons of guns!
A colony drop,
Makes cities gone!

Shocking Axis, it's an easy fight!
With magic psychoframes alight!

You have the Best Friends Gundam!

I'mma make you all my very best-

FRIEEEEENNNDSSSSSSSS~!!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
zero_the_masked_knight

Could be some exotic sounding Foreign language title.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
Amion

Strike Zero wrote:
HellCat wrote:Gundam Best Friends. Realising the pony thing is huge in the West right now, Sunrise are going to do a series about Axis Shock, a Unicorn Gundam who through adventures across the Earth Sphere learns the importance of friends and the light of the human heart.
SING IT WITH ME NOW!

Best Friends Gundam!

I used to have friendship as plain could be...

Best Friends Gundam!

Until Neo Zeon stole it from me!

Big explosions,
Tons of guns!
A colony drop,
Makes cities gone!

Shocking Axis, it's an easy fight!
With magic psychoframes alight!

You have the Best Friends Gundam!

I'mma make you all my very best-

FRIEEEEENNNDSSSSSSSS~!!
Hilarious. Now I actually want to see this come to reality.

Is there any slim, minute, laws of Bandaiphysics-defying chance that the gunpla builders idea might be possible with this? I doubt it, but it would be great.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Dark Duel

I'll be honest, the first thing that occurred to me when I saw "BF" was "Blue Frame", but that's because I'm just kinda weird that way.
But of course, I doubt it has anything to do with that, because if it did it would be "Gundam Seed Something Or Other", and second as much as I dig Gai, I doubt they'll ever give him his own series, because he's not Sir Cheesebot McSpamalot.

I kinda like the "Battle Fighters" idea Bryant mentioned.
But we'll see.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Vent Noir

Strike Zero wrote:
Kuruni wrote:
^ It turns out that this fateful young girl is a transfer student name by the name of Charlotte Annabel. She has blonde hair and wears a mask that obscures the upper half of her face, much to the bewilderment of her new classmates. Upon her arrival, she takes an immediate and keen interest in our unwitting hero and starts making advances on him for reasons unknown.
She's also an artificial newtype or equivalent...
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
RLZIII

Another point of interest: the Twitter account @GundamBF is "suspended." Not sure if that means that Sunrise could be holding the name.
Dendrobium Stamen

Mobile Suit Gundam: Bright's Family

A family drama set in the Noa household in UC 0099, where Bright is a semi-retired Vice Admiral in a comfortable desk job (at last!), Mirai is coaching daughter Chemin through her exams, and son Hathaway is falling in with a rough crowd of political radicals...

...I can dream :roll:
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
ShadowCell

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:Mobile Suit Gundam: Bright's Family
no no no, then it would have to be called something like Mobile Suit Gundam: The Family That Went to Outer Space and Rode the Rainbow into a Flash of Federation Hooligans Reciting a Poem
Xenosynth

Gundam: Breakdance Freaks. I want to see this happen. Similar to G Gundam only, the Gundam fights are dance offs, where they also engage in combat while dancing.

Gundam: Breath Freely. New air fresheners for cars with logos from different Gundam series. Sieg Zeon while smelling great!