CrossBone Gundam FanVideo

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
vipergb34

CrossBone Gundam FanVideo

This is a must see for any Crossbone Gundam Fan. :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWMAd2Wh ... e=youtu.be

I hope Bandai see's this and decides to make a CrossBone Gundam Anime.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: CrossBone Gundam FanVideo

So much win!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Deacon Blues

I never liked the Crossbone series despite bringing it to the masses... this video actually makes it look relatively interesting haha. I like the nod to Ghost at the end.
iCards

LOVE IT.
zetatype

WOW.......what more can I say

Seriously that was awesome.
BrentD15

This guy is a freaking genius! :D

Seriously, I hope Bandai and Sunrise see this and consider making an anime series about it!
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

That was awesome. Now I'm seriously tempted to read the manga.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
mikethemod1992

That was absolutely top notch
The fall of the Titans, Axis risen the power as Neo Zeon, the colony drop of Dublin, Neo Zeon's attempts of dropping Axis on Earth and the death of Amuro and Char were all caused because one douchebag Titan solider thought that one angsty teenager's name sounded like a girls name.
Outlaw

Pretty darn cool. Kinda has a "made with flash" feel to it, if so, it's one of the better flash videos I've seen.

Deacon Blues wrote:I never liked the Crossbone series despite bringing it to the masses... this video actually makes it look relatively interesting haha. I like the nod to Ghost at the end.
I believe I've mentioned it before but, it's not bad if you're down for something with a very retro anime feel to it. I do have to wonder where all the hype around Crossbone came from, especially given the surprising number of people who haven't actually even read it.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Amion

Outlaw wrote:Pretty darn cool. Kinda has a "made with flash" feel to it, if so, it's one of the better flash videos I've seen.

Deacon Blues wrote:I never liked the Crossbone series despite bringing it to the masses... this video actually makes it look relatively interesting haha. I like the nod to Ghost at the end.
I believe I've mentioned it before but, it's not bad if you're down for something with a very retro anime feel to it. I do have to wonder where all the hype around Crossbone came from, especially given the surprising number of people who haven't actually even read it.
I think it's because they haven't read it that some people are so hyped. I tried it out but it just didn't grip me. I probably didn't wait long enough for the story to develop, but from what I was told the original manga by Tomino was the only good arc and the rest isn't near as good. Now I have been further told mecha manga is a niche genre in an already niche genre so perhaps those who have actually read it are just so pleased with it that those who haven't read it think it has substance that isn't really there?

:P It does look cool though....and I always loved the mecha designs (until ghost and it's new machines...... :x )
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Amadi Akintunde

Man, only now am I noticing that Crossbone's character art looks like something straight out of those awful "How to Draw Manga" paperbacks.
ShadowCell

I love Crossbone Gundam to itty bitty little pieces that I will hug and love and crush and call George. It is pretty much my favorite Gundam story, maybe next to X and G, and I think it represents Gundam at its absolute best.

But it is not much like other Gundam shows, and certainly not like the things that always come up in those damned "what do you want in the next Gundam show" threads. The plot is not especially complex. It's not particularly bloody either; many characters survive who would have been killed in other Gundam shows (the manga even lampshades it a bit). Tobia is a spectacularly amusing protagonist, but his antics might strain credulity for some. The moral ambiguity that supposedly marks other Gundam shows is completely absent. As a manga, the art often gets weird; everyone looks like they're twelve years old, even though the likes of Kincaid and Berah should be pushing thirty. The mecha take some getting used to. The Jupiter Empire is not the most compelling and interesting of antagonists.

I suspect quite a few western Gundam fans would be sorely disappointed with Crossbone if they actually read it.
Kuruni

Amadi Akintunde wrote:Man, only now am I noticing that Crossbone's character art looks like something straight out of those awful "How to Draw Manga" paperbacks.
It's more because you aren't familiar with Yuichi Hasegawa's art style. Now I won't say his drawing is perfect, but if you growth up with manga, his drawing alway has nostalgic tone to it (his big debut was MAPS in 1987, so it's understandable).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Ceiling_Squid

ShadowCell wrote:I love Crossbone Gundam to itty bitty little pieces that I will hug and love and crush and call George. It is pretty much my favorite Gundam story, maybe next to X and G, and I think it represents Gundam at its absolute best.

But it is not much like other Gundam shows, and certainly not like the things that always come up in those damned "what do you want in the next Gundam show" threads. The plot is not especially complex. It's not particularly bloody either; many characters survive who would have been killed in other Gundam shows (the manga even lampshades it a bit). Tobia is a spectacularly amusing protagonist, but his antics might strain credulity for some. The moral ambiguity that supposedly marks other Gundam shows is completely absent. As a manga, the art often gets weird; everyone looks like they're twelve years old, even though the likes of Kincaid and Berah should be pushing thirty. The mecha take some getting used to. The Jupiter Empire is not the most compelling and interesting of antagonists.

I suspect quite a few western Gundam fans would be sorely disappointed with Crossbone if they actually read it.
Definitely gotta agree there, but even being a huge fan of typical Gundam fare, I adored Crossbone, largely because it a was something different. Its a simple, fun little story told in an entertaining way. Throw together evil villians with craaazy MS designs, an inventive and mentally-stable young protagonist, space piracy, and heapings of charm.

And yeah, the Jupiter Empire is only really compelling in a sort of "oh, so that's the sort of horrible society that spawned Scirocco" sort of way. The Jupiter Empire is a lot less interesting in person when it leaves the realm of speculation. Knowing that they exist in some form and then thinking about all the stuff they're doing in the background during the other UC series makes them a more credible "puppeteer" sort of villian, and boy do they have their hands in everything. When we actually see them do their thing in Crossbone, it's pretty damn evil and horrendous, but could have been handled far better.

All that taken into consideration, I think they could make Crossbone into a marketable anime. They will almost certainly have to give it an art makeover, and they will probably have to darken up the story a little bit to appeal to typical UC stylings, which would be okay if it isn't overdone. It would certainly be nice if they'd keep a little of the wacky charm it has.

The Jupiter Empire could also be made a LOT more interesting and sinister if they played up their Chessmaster aspects. Unicorn has been big on callbacks and call-forwards to different timelines, and I could easily see future UC shows trying to be just as tied-into overall continuity. Would be a good opportunity to show off just how much the Empire has been influencing things behind-the-scenes all this time, and just what motivated their alien ideology. I think the biggest benefit an adaptation of Crossbone could seek would be to add additional facets and dimensions to the villains.

Tangent aside, absolutely love the video. That's well-made, and certainly would make a strong series "pitch" to Sunrise, had it been an internal project rather than mere fanwork. Part of me hopes that someone from within the company actually sees this and passes it around.

I think aspects of Crossbone are marketable, just that Bandai and Sunrise don't really know how to capitalize on it beyond a few model kits. The core Gundams are definitely very popular designs, but the roster in general would need a lot of overhauling to be marketable for kits, which is the real kicker here. I liked the bizarre MS designs, but they just aren't going to move model kits unless they give 'em something akin to a ver-Ka makeover.

Bah, well. That's just me waxing hopeful about a pipe-dream. Crossbone I'd love to see, but it's about as likely as us ever seeing Gundam Sentinel or Hathaway's Flash in motion, which share a similar obscure fan-awareness.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I like it

I know someone made a Hathaway flash fan made video and it was amazing
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
AmuroNT1

I remember the original pencil version from back in the day. Good times.

Re: Crossbone's popularity, when I was on Gundamn! to discuss it, I suggested that it owed a lot of its popularity to the mystique around it; nobody had actually read it, but everyone had a friend who had a friend who had seen it and said it was awesome. It also had attached to it that interesting quirk of being a Tomino series that wasn't directly under Sunrise's thumb, letting people see what he could do without toy companies breathing down his neck.

...Of course, you guys already know that because you totally listened to that episode of Gundamn!, right? :P
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Arbiter GUNDAM

AmuroNT1 wrote: ...Of course, you guys already know that because you totally listened to that episode of Gundamn!, right? :P
You need to be on more episodes dude. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Zeino

Fuuny, I thought Crossbone's main appeal and greatest strength was how vastly different it was from the rest of UC Gundam? I found it's straight forward good vs evil, borderline super robotish storyline to be refreshing change of pace. You can't deny it's certainly more original than yet another Zeon uprising story like Unicorn.
AmuroNT1

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:You need to be on more episodes dude. :)
The guys bring me on when they discuss one of my areas of expertise - which primarily consist of Gundam Wing, Crossbone Gundam, and Code Geass, all of which have been done. I'll be back on when the next episode of Akito the Exiled airs, but unless the guys want to discuss something like Kamen Rider (or give me an aneurysm by talking about Frozen Teardrop), I don't have much reason to be there. :)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power