The Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Silver_August

Re: The Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Thread

Well to keep the subject on Destiny for a second..and getting ahead of myself here, some of the Infinity Justice's weapons I think can out silly the Beam Boomerang, namely his beam kick, lol because the MG box art exposes the weirdness of it since the beam is connecting from the underside of the knee...to the foot, now if it was a hoop that connected from top knee to bottom leg I'd be fine but your telling me the beam can safety arc to a foot which can still freely move around? Cartoon yes, silly definitively

But back to the boomerang... even the models cannot make me like it, I think its because unless its spinning, it just looks like a bent beam dagger.

About the daggers though, those wouldn't be so bad if they had Gundam Wing style self destructs built into them! lol

you know, talking about this makes me sad that the Abyss didn't decide to try and leg up the Deathscythe and make its staff shoot out 3 arching beams of pain...unless it DOES do that at some point and I'm just being forgetful.

...ALSO I just realized...I think the only thing Blast Mode doesn't have over the Chaos Gundam is that it's barrels don't become Funnels-lite seems like something I think the Blast Mode coulda thrown if it's not going to have a design that can handle heavy artillery
Amion

Silver_August wrote:Well to keep the subject on Destiny for a second..and getting ahead of myself here, some of the Infinity Justice's weapons I think can out silly the Beam Boomerang, namely his beam kick, lol because the MG box art exposes the weirdness of it since the beam is connecting from the underside of the knee...to the foot, now if it was a hoop that connected from top knee to bottom leg I'd be fine but your telling me the beam can safety arc to a foot which can still freely move around? Cartoon yes, silly definitively
That's not an issue. You can easily have a mechanism that locks the foot when you're kicking with it. I study martial arts and frankly, the foot is rigid when you kick, it'd be even easier to do on a machine that relies on mechanical joints. And having it arc to the foot gives it more range. Honestly, considering how much kicking goes on in space combat, the beam legs are some of the best tech I've seen in SEED, simply practicality's sake.
But back to the boomerang... even the models cannot make me like it, I think its because unless its spinning, it just looks like a bent beam dagger.
Yeah, I know, I'm not justifying them as completely logical weapons, but hey, we're talking about giant robots here. Though really, I cannot argue with you on this one. (since it's true)
About the daggers though, those wouldn't be so bad if they had Gundam Wing style self destructs built into them! lol

you know, talking about this makes me sad that the Abyss didn't decide to try and leg up the Deathscythe and make its staff shoot out 3 arching beams of pain...unless it DOES do that at some point and I'm just being forgetful.
You know, a three bladed scythe is up there with boomerangs. If a mobile suit has a proper saber, blocking a scythe is very easy, they are not that good as a melee weapon, but since they look good, they fall into the same catagory as beam assisted kicks and boomerangs.

...ALSO I just realized...I think the only thing Blast Mode doesn't have over the Chaos Gundam is that it's barrels don't become Funnels-lite seems like something I think the Blast Mode coulda thrown if it's not going to have a design that can handle heavy artillery
Nope. The Chaos isn't designed for heavy artillery. See here,Chaos Gundam and here, Blast Impulse. The Impulse has quadruple missile launchers, which I believe more powerful, even they are fireflies, and regardless, the Blast has railguns, and two very powerful high velocity cannons. The Chaos only has its pods, which are missile launchers and a pair of beam guns on its pods. Couple that with its beam rifle, and the callidus kai I have never seen it use, and that's it for long range weaponry. Hmm, now that I look at them, they are similar, but the Blast still wins out.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Gundam420

You know what I find odd? So far there's been virtually no word on the re-releasing of any HG kits. Weren't the HD Seed kits announced alongside the Remastering of its own show? Heck, there's been no trailer/commercial for the RG Destiny Gundam. And there usually is whenever there's a new RG. Considering how much of a cash cow this show is, I find it weird that Bandai isn't capitalizing.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Silver_August

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I see it now...the missle pods and the railgun are the same weapon.... okie scratch the whole "one step away from just being funnels-lite" idea, my memory of the Blast mode steps honestly from just the high paced intro, and I always thought they were 2 seperate sets of weapons for some reason... with that in mind, yah they're different, though still feels somewhat like the designer of the suits in the series were swapping notes when constructing these proto-type suits.

Also I will defend the beam-scythe if only because against a beam saber, how would u parry it? its a blade coming down at you straight instead of on its side like a traditional blade...and when there three your only hope would be if you were the Beginning Gundam's and held all 3 back with your beam-wolverine claws...and then you'll begin to question if you've slipped into G-Gundam, lol

Though in all seriousness I love the Blast Impulse's rail guns...or rail guns in general just because they remind me of the F91...and I really love that suit but unless i find the MG for 20 bucks I dun think I can invest in that just because its sooooo small...lol

Good point about the laser kicks though, given Phase-Shift armor, it works really.

Gundam420's got a point with the HG line though...we know were getting a remaster force impulse... eventually, and EVERYONE is probably on their toes waiting for an MG Savior (still don't like it) and maybe the CE's take on the Zaku...?

Speaking of the Zaku, the latest Gundamn! Made me think, if the japanese mostly love the Zeon stuff, does anyone else think they just flat out gave us the ZAKU just to further grab that niche, since Destiny alone I think saw more color variations of Zakus then we ever did GINNs, Though I personally like the era's take on Zakus
Dark Duel

Silver_August wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhh I see it now...the missle pods and the railgun are the same weapon....
If you're referring to the big back-mounted ones, those aren't the railguns, they're the beam cannons. The railguns are the skinny little shoulder-mounted ones that are up in front of those big-arse thrusters it's got.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
azrael

Silver_August wrote: Gundam420's got a point with the HG line though...we know were getting a remaster force impulse... eventually, and EVERYONE is probably on their toes waiting for an MG Savior (still don't like it) and maybe the CE's take on the Zaku...?
I'd give it some time. You don't want to flood the market. And with the economy still not where people would like it to be, I'm wouldn't be shocked if they just want to focus on detailed popular models instead of lesser-liked models.
Speaking of the Zaku, the latest Gundamn! Made me think, if the japanese mostly love the Zeon stuff, does anyone else think they just flat out gave us the ZAKU just to further grab that niche, since Destiny alone I think saw more color variations of Zakus then we ever did GINNs, Though I personally like the era's take on Zakus
Ummmm, that was the whole point of the CE ZAKU Warrior, GOUF Ignited, and DOM Trooper.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Silver_August

Dark Duel wrote:
Silver_August wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhh I see it now...the missle pods and the railgun are the same weapon....
If you're referring to the big back-mounted ones, those aren't the railguns, they're the beam cannons. The railguns are the skinny little shoulder-mounted ones that are up in front of those big-arse thrusters it's got.
Ohhhhhhhh...man those little things flew over my head, regardless, I like the F91 feel I get from it regardless

...I forgot about the Doms... lol
HellCat

It's been commented on before but Bandai tend to have a habit of harmonising various Gundam projects to call attention to a particular one and of course the UC tends to get the most attention in that regard. I really wish they hadn't gone that route with Destiny, personally. The ZAFT designs were a well done twist on the old Zeon flavour, bring it into the 21st century. Literally giving them Zakus, Goufs and Doms smashed that pretty hard and made 00's attempt at a Zaku homage more welcome.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Amion

Silver_August wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhh I see it now...the missle pods and the railgun are the same weapon.... okie scratch the whole "one step away from just being funnels-lite" idea, my memory of the Blast mode steps honestly from just the high paced intro, and I always thought they were 2 seperate sets of weapons for some reason... with that in mind, yah they're different, though still feels somewhat like the designer of the suits in the series were swapping notes when constructing these proto-type suits.

Also I will defend the beam-scythe if only because against a beam saber, how would u parry it? its a blade coming down at you straight instead of on its side like a traditional blade...and when there three your only hope would be if you were the Beginning Gundam's and held all 3 back with your beam-wolverine claws...and then you'll begin to question if you've slipped into G-Gundam, lol

Though in all seriousness I love the Blast Impulse's rail guns...or rail guns in general just because they remind me of the F91...and I really love that suit but unless i find the MG for 20 bucks I dun think I can invest in that just because its sooooo small...lol

Good point about the laser kicks though, given Phase-Shift armor, it works really.

Gundam420's got a point with the HG line though...we know were getting a remaster force impulse... eventually, and EVERYONE is probably on their toes waiting for an MG Savior (still don't like it) and maybe the CE's take on the Zaku...?

You've obviously never tried to fight with a scythe. Those blades are designed to cleave wheat, not strike an enemy. You have to get dangerously close-yet not too much, or you over extend the weapon, which has a very limited range of where it can strike, because the blades are curved. Worse yet, the blade has nothing on the other end of the shaft opposite those blades. As seen in Wing, I don't think anyone ever actually tried to block the Deathscythe Hell's blades, so that weakness is either not shown for Duo's sake or because there's an unseen method with which the gundam avoids this problem, possibly its speed?
Silver_August

Speed, being a machine so things like muscle stress and stuff we humans deal with may not apply AS much to a robot (I'm still leaving room for basic physics of the scythe in question) but also this point - which I'll add sticks to the whole...silly beam weapons in Destiny/Seed... do the beams in beam weapons have weight? This is something that's probably been pondered on since Star Wars but yah... could/would the particles that make up a beam weapon (as fantastical as a beam scythe for example already is) have weight that would effect wielding it?

If not I'd imagine that could make a difference since a scythe doesn't need to worry about those pesky blades weighing you down but then this makes me think of every other mobile suit ever where you'd basically waving a handle around with no weight distribution or whatever.

This is what makes me think about Beam Boomrangs since if there's no weight, its basically like throwing a sawed in half boomerang in real life.

But hey, the idea of the scythe only crossed my mind because it felt like the Abyss is missing something...when in actuality its loaded with weapons but....dear lord those 3 Gundams are forgettable! lordie! Now I feel silly for forgetting so many details about these suits, lol
Amion

It's funny that I feel they're a bit forgettable too. It's kinda strange, but I think it's that the only real good battles with them are in space. Auel and Sting fight on Earth, but Auel spends his time underwater and doesn't get much action, other than beam spamming, which is forgettable. And unable to transform or use its gunbarrels leaves the poor Chaos useless. And because they're on water the whole time, it's by-by Gaia..which, kinda makes sense..given its name...

You know what? Neo Roa-Mu La Flaga should have gotten the Chaos and painted it orange and white. it's right up his alley. Andy gets the Gaia, so why not Mu the Chaos? But no..he's the Char so he gets the golden mecha. :roll:

If you want a serious, intelligent discussion on the weight and mass of beam weapons, I'd suggest the mecha and technology section, August. Those guys over there would probably answer any questions you have in record time.

My opinion is that since they interact with the physical world and are not a form of laser, then yes they have to have mass of some sort and therefore weight by extension. In space a boomerang will work, especially if it has verniers to spin it back and forth. On Earth...well, that's something different.
Kuruni

Amion wrote:You know what? Neo Roa-Mu La Flaga should have gotten the Chaos and painted it orange and white. it's right up his alley. Andy gets the Gaia, so why not Mu the Chaos? But no..he's the Char so he gets the golden mecha. :roll:
It appear that they DID consider it. Generation of C.E, which was released when GSD didn't finish its first run yet, has Neo takeover Chaos after Sting get Destroy. He doesn't paint it though.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Silver_August

he doesn't paint it?! Jeez the guy got lazy, its Phaze Shift armor all he has to do is open up MS (mobile suit...get it?!) Paint and drop the paint bucket all over the place....that or a good ol super fast typing montage to some techno.
HellCat

English Gundam.info wrote:A Warning Shots will be fire at you if you didnt watch Gundam SEED Destiny Remaster Episode 3! To watch Click Below Link NOW!
Aw crap, they're taking the Gilbert approach to pushing Gundam internationally now!
Amion

Wait, where did this quote come from exactly? Is that the English they used? It's horrid!
HellCat

English Gundam.info is pretty bad in general. It can't decide if it wants to translate everything or just certain articles, Read More links shoot you off to 3 year old unrelated articles on the Japanese site and if you're from Europe you basically get to sit at the kid's table.

Granted being a Gundam fan has made me appreciate just how much countries beyond UK and USA speak English but for a replacement for GundamOfficial it's pretty poor.
Mythgarr

Silver_August wrote:he doesn't paint it?! Jeez the guy got lazy, its Phaze Shift armor all he has to do is open up MS (mobile suit...get it?!) Paint and drop the paint bucket all over the place....that or a good ol super fast typing montage to some techno.
I thought ZAFT's post Freedom-Justice Gundams all has VPS...basically you can just program the PS to the color scheme that you like...
Visit The Dreams
Silver_August

Actually with that in mind Abyss and Chaos`s colors make alot of sense beyond being fitting for their combat settings...though I do wonder if those hypnopods they're put in basically brain wash them to love the color blue and green, lol shame we never got that Pink and Blonde Gaia then,
Arbiter GUNDAM

Silver_August wrote:lol shame we never got that Pink and Blonde Gaia then,
Yeah, no. Personally I'm getting tired of the "pink mechs for girls" schtick

And after watching episode 3 I have to say, I find the Minerva to be kind of overcomplicated. I wonder how much it would it would effect the ship if all that fancy equipment was damaged and couldn't work?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
monster

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I wonder how much it would it would effect the ship if all that fancy equipment was damaged and couldn't work?
If you're talking about the bridge mechanism, then it shouldn't be any worse than other ships, unless it jammed during the transfer. That, would be awkward.

If you're talking about the Impulse launcher, then I'm sure there's a way for them to put the Impulse pieces together inside the ship. After all, they're able to take it apart inside the ship somehow. And again, it would be awkward if the launcher failed during launch.

I kind of wished Kira would have had the chance to disrupt the parts launch in phase 34, or maybe earlier, just to see how they would cope with that situation.

The deuterion beam transmitter is another thing that wouldn't be any worse than with other ships if it didn't work.