The Official Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Official Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden Thread Mk I

bullethead wrote:
I'm kinda annoyed that we get yet another death that could be easily prevented by yanking the pilot out of a busted open cockpit (or taking the entire cockpit) though. I think the TV version does a better job of making seem like that wasn't an option, while MOE just makes Asemu look dumb for letting Zeheart rant instead of trying to save him. They've got that cold sleep tech, just stuff Zeheart in there until they can get to a proper hospital and treat all those internal injuries of his.
From my impression and understanding of japanese and the scene, it looked like he had no idea that Zeheart would kill himself. I don't know what you mean by "Zeheart ranting" from Asemu's perspective, he and Zeheart had (to borrow a phrase) 'finally understood each other.'

Asemu had just poured his heart out to Zeheart and had finally gotten through to him. In his mind he was probably going to take Zeheart out of the cockpit and drag him over to the Dark Hound...but Zeheart did the "unexpected." To sum up, I think Asemu was more focused on getting through to his friend, than preventing his suicide.

The scene was a little cheesy, that's about it. After all, I would say it goes against the gimmick since it looked like Asemu was actively trying to get Zeheart out of the cockpit without wounding him further by dragging him out with his mobile suit. Because doesn't that run the risk of...well...crushing him to death? Or the head exploding? Or causing more shrapnel to fill the cockpit?

Without reading to much into it, the scene was about the emotion of two friends, and in that category I have to say the scene worked very well. Music was spot on too.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
angelwingzero

Also, if Asemu was that worried about getting Zeheart out then he wouldn't have left a beam saber in his MS's torso.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
iCards

Got my Copy in today.
Spoiler
The movie is split in two halves.

Part 1 follows Asemu's arc pretty faithfully with added parts for Romary to give some sense to the way she came off in the series. She also ends up being the reason Asemu and Zeheart become friends in the first place. The simulation fight and episode 24 meeting all take place in Big Ring here. Also, after the episode 24 scene between Asemu, Zeheart, and Romary Woolf actually helps Asemu and Romary make-up afterward. The only downside is we never get an Arisa "butt-slap", those were always hilarious.

In Part 2 instead of trying to re-engineer the events of Gen 3 to follow Asemu, the viewer instead follows Zeheart's decent into madness with more of the scenes where Zeheart is seeing everyone who has sacrificed themselves or have BEEN sacrificed for Project Eden. I wish I had subs for these scenes, but we do see some disturbing images like Zeheart being verbally taunted by his dead comrades; being covered in their blood; and being pulled down to DROWN in their blood.

Basically everything that happened during the series version of Gen 3 still happens because after the credits roll we are treated to a scene of Deen and Lu's grave, obviously set by Kio, as well as a grave for Zehart and Fram set in front of a lake with beautiful scenery.

7/10

Gen 2 is still the strongest, it's also one big Gundam fangasm for me, but I did enjoy the new Zeheart scenes from the second half of the movie. Also, the new theme song for the movie turns out to be Asemu's "Al ma Marter".