Little Battlers eXperience(Danball Senki Trilogy) Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
YokozunaBulldozer

Little Battlers eXperience(Danball Senki Trilogy) Thread

While this franchise is primarily a video game franchise, I wanted to start a thread talking about the Animation adaptation for those who are interested or already are fans.
To sum up the show it is a toy mecha show about middle school kids who fight evil organizations using their toy robots called LBX (short for Little Battler eXperience). The fight scenes are pretty cool and the LBX designs are nicely done as well.

Opening Theme to Video Game Danball Senki W(pronounced Double)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhEsLL0YiqE
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
stagrider

Re: All things Danball Senki (W included)

I like it, characters are nice and lbx have some awsome designs
Xenosynth

Hrm, I may need to give this a watch. I didn't realize there was an anime, I have been playing Danball Senki W on the PSP a lot lately. Sort of reminded me of custom robo, but with some things I like more. I actually do prefer their designs to Custom Robo's, but yeah, the story definitely sounds similar and just as silly. But I will definitely have to put this on my watchlist.
YokozunaBulldozer

Xenosynth wrote:Hrm, I may need to give this a watch. I didn't realize there was an anime, I have been playing Danball Senki W on the PSP a lot lately. Sort of reminded me of custom robo, but with some things I like more. I actually do prefer their designs to Custom Robo's, but yeah, the story definitely sounds similar and just as silly. But I will definitely have to put this on my watchlist.
The model kits are pretty well made as well. The model kit line is going to get the RG treatment soon.
YokozunaBulldozer

Anybody get the hyper function Achilles/AX-00 set yet? It is pretty much a upgraded LBX model kit much like the RG Gunplas.
YokozunaBulldozer

New Danball Senki announced! Danball Senki Wars!
YokozunaBulldozer

Danball Senki Wars has a official website: http://www.danball-senki.jp/wars/

Here's what is going on(I will update any spelling of the names if we get official romanizations in the future):

- Year is 2055
- LBX(Little Battler eXperience)s have become a huge entity that they have a professional league of its own and even is making a impact in the business world
- Main protagonist is Sena Arata, who has gone through a tough process to transfer to Kamui Daimon Unified Academy, a school known as a haven for LBX players. There, he meets another transfer student named Hoshibara Hikaru
- The two discover underneath the school that there is a 10km diameter diorama used for the worldwide war simulation War Time, and the two are stationed as soldiers of the 1st Platoon commanded by class president Izumo Haruki. They are under the fictional sovereignty Genocke.
- At the same time, there will be mysteries and the "unknown evil" that lurks within the school the protagonists will have to face

<Characters>

[1st Platoon]
Sena Arata: 14 years old. Bright and Cheerful hero of the show. Though decently skilled, his biggest weapon is his creativity, allowing him to come up with unexpected combat tactics and such. His LBX is the ドットフェイサー(Dot Phaser).

Hoshibara Hikaru: 14 years old. Another transfer student and the pretty boy of the show. He does not consider others as friends easily and remains quiet, but when it comes to LBX he shows a more passionate and aggressive side. His LBX is the バル・スパロス(Val Sparos).

Izumo Haruki: 14 years old. He is the leader of Arata and Hikaru's 1st Platoon of the fictional sovereignty Genocke. He is a model student as well as a top class LBX player. He has a tendency to act and talk as the higher authority which does not go well with others sometimes. His LBX is the オーヴェイン(Orvane).

Hosono Sakuya: The 1st Platoon's mechanic.

Kashima Yuno: Member of the the 4th Platoon.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
YokozunaBulldozer

Hey guys!

It looks like Danball Senki is finally coming to the West as LBX on Nicktoons starting this August!
Check out the English dub trailer!

Nicktoons official site

Guess that explains why it is part of the new Sprukits lineup.
FieryBlitz

Re: Little Battlers eXperience(Danball Senki Trilogy) Thread

Hooray! Anime is slowly making a return to the west!

By the way, "Van"? Really? Well, I'll actually let this one slide. "V"s and "B"s are ALWAYS getting mixed up when Japanese is translated to English. You didn't think it was just the "L"s and "R"s getting mixed up, did you?
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Little Battlers eXperience(Danball Senki Trilogy) Thread

I do like how they went Fullmetal Alchemist with Ban's voice. I was expecting a husky skater voice for Kazu but works fine. As for Hakaioh being localized as Destroyer? I can live with it.