JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Series One (Anime Series)

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Silver_August

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Series One (Anime Series)

I present, the greatest out of context screenshot in anime for me personally in resent memory, minor spoilers for those who haven't seen past episode 23

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... 564a23.png
angelwingzero

Recently got into JoJo because of hearing people including Soulbro and Cody Baier, and . I definitely like this anime over the original OVA because it felt like it was trying to cram too much. You could tell they were rushing through story in certain parts. The OVA was good, but this was great because it just embraced the craziness ans style of the manga with things like the palette swapping in certain scenes, the poses, and the music. I can't wait until part 3 starts, though if there's one thing the OVA did amazingly was the battle of wills between Jotaro and D'Arby in the dub.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Silver_August

that;s the huge thing im waiting for is to see how INSANE and bat sheet crazy they make the Darby scene just because...imagining what the series did now with stuff like...Wham coming out of a horse, I can only think what they do when someone actually goes INSANE and has a heart attack.
angelwingzero

Silver_August wrote:that;s the huge thing im waiting for is to see how INSANE and bat sheet crazy they make the Darby scene just because...imagining what the series did now with stuff like...Wham coming out of a horse, I can only think what they do when someone actually goes INSANE and has a heart attack.
Pretty sure he didn't have a heart attack, more like a nervous breakdown. I want to see how they do his brother, Anubis, Oingo & Boingo, and Alessi getting taken down by grade school Jotaro.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Arbiter GUNDAM

angelwingzero wrote: Pretty sure he didn't have a heart attack, more like a nervous breakdown. I want to see how they do his brother, Anubis, Oingo & Boingo, and Alessi getting taken down by grade school Jotaro.
Wait, who?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Silver_August

Oops yeah I watched the episode again because of nostalgia and yeah..the guy just falls apart, still, imagine that but with crazy angles, and pallet swapping, lol
angelwingzero

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
angelwingzero wrote: Pretty sure he didn't have a heart attack, more like a nervous breakdown. I want to see how they do his brother, Anubis, Oingo & Boingo, and Alessi getting taken down by grade school Jotaro.
Wait, who?
It's from part 3. I worded it kinda vaguely so I wouldn't spoil anything major. And yes August, angles and palette swaps all over the place.
kayone73

Just finished watching the TV series and yes, like the rest of you, can't wait to see the TV series take on Stardust Crusaders pt 3. Even tho it hasn't been officially announced yet, I cannot see how they would produce this or pt 4 given the franchise and manga is such a monster money maker right now.

Altho Jotaru is the most iconic and popular of the JoJo's, I have to say young Joseph has been my favorite so far. Jonathan was kind of an overgrown boy scout like Clark Kent, but young Joseph had that right mix of hilarity, hot bloodedness and improvisational cunning that made him fun. Too many male leads on current anime are emasculated, emo, or just suck. It's so refreshing to have male anime leads that actually act like men, and have fun doing it.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I also wasn't expecting Joseph to get his forearm cut off.
Considering in the OVAs for Stardust Crusaders Pt. 3 an Older Joseph has a mechanical hand, a la Luke Skywalker, getting his hand cut off was kind of expected.
kayone73

How come people have stopped discussing JoJo's, with 6 eps of Stardust Crusaders already out, I thought this thread would explode again. Is nobody watching it?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Honestly, I forgot we had this thread.

I'll post more later on but for now... this episode was kinda weird. So we're allowed to see most of a naked 12-year-old girl and have her be threatened with rape by an intelligent orangoutang, but we can't see Jotaro smoking? What the actual hell?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
phillosmaster

I'm watching still. I got sucked into an Attack On Titan binge, but now I'm back to watching Jojo weekly. I agree with Arbiter Gundam about the most recent episode. Why bother censoring Jojo smoking when almost every other scene shows something more "risky".

I liked season one better so far, but maybe that's because this is the most familiar Jojo series. I've already seen this story more or less. I'm more excited for future seasons of Jojo. Even still it's nice to see a more complete adaptation of this season's storyline. The "stands" are always fun to explore, and old Joseph is awesome.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Mythgarr

I love the series when it's just the Ripple power being used, with characters finding clever uses of it again and again to defeat their enemies.

Now, Stand? Ugh. It feels like cheating and came out of nowhere. And to think that Joseph's Ripple power is now superceded by his Vine Stand? What a downgrade!

I can't stand Jotaro also. After the gentlemanly Jonathan and the maverick Joseph, having a cold and aloof kid devoid of gentlemanly or witty quips is quite the....unexpected.
Visit The Dreams
angelwingzero

Mythgarr wrote:I love the series when it's just the Ripple power being used, with characters finding clever uses of it again and again to defeat their enemies.

Now, Stand? Ugh. It feels like cheating and came out of nowhere. And to think that Joseph's Ripple power is now superceded by his Vine Stand? What a downgrade!

I can't stand Jotaro also. After the gentlemanly Jonathan and the maverick Joseph, having a cold and aloof kid devoid of gentlemanly or witty quips is quite the....unexpected.
To be fair, Jotaro isn't a new "boording highschooler" character, he was one of the prototpyes for that character archetype.It was a bit more original when the manga first came out.
phillosmaster

I do agree that Stands feel a bit like cheating. You just get them an they are awesome out of the box. With Hamon you needed to train constantly. My favorite part of this season so far was when Joseph used an Overdrive so he still knows his stuff. It's sad that this is the last storyline where Hamon is featured though. I guess the art died with Joseph.

Strange that Lisa Lisa didn't take on anymore students. Did the Speedwagon Institute hunt down and destroy all the stone masks? How do they know their mission is actually over when Kars was defeated?
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
angelwingzero

phillosmaster wrote:I do agree that Stands feel a bit like cheating. You just get them an they are awesome out of the box. With Hamon you needed to train constantly. My favorite part of this season so far was when Joseph used an Overdrive so he still knows his stuff. It's sad that this is the last storyline where Hamon is featured though. I guess the art died with Joseph.

Strange that Lisa Lisa didn't take on anymore students. Did the Speedwagon Institute hunt down and destroy all the stone masks? How do they know their mission is actually over when Kars was defeated?
Well, as the stories go along we see that Stand abilities can be trained as well. That leads to them being used in new ways, and in some cases new stands.
phillosmaster

Ryujin

I kind of admire how CrunchyRoll has so far been sidestepping the whole copyright issue with names like 'Dan of Steel' & 'Centerfold' in lieu of the actual ones. Shows a bit of tongue-in-cheekery from them.
MilkManX

Is this only going to be on Crunchy Roll or will DVD/BD come out later in the USA?
...That day, the accursed war which had so disrupted my destiny ended. But its end was ultimately meaningless for me. The moment I saw her, my own private war had begun...a war for which there would be no end...