Sword Art Online

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Sword Art Online

After many delayed release dates, I finally got my Sugu.

Also, pretty stoked for Hollow Fragment since apparently you get to sleep with everyone.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Is it just me or does Silica look older in that picture?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Kirito did make her into a woman, after all ;)
Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Kirito did make her into a woman, after all ;)
Oh my...
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

Ring the Bell! Ring the Bell! Season 2 is upon us, FREE and LEGAL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvvTGnuYIo

I think I read it's only available for a week on youtube then you have to watch it on their site.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Compass

I wish they would do the Asuna as the main character arc. That was a good one q.q
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

Well it's not like they were going to skip over an entire arc. The first series covered 2 arcs, so maybe they'll do Mother's Rosario after they finish Phantom Bullet.

Anyways, a surprisingly low key start. But I think it's fine to get all the set up out of the way without shoehorning some action into it. I also appreciate how they didn't waste time trying to reintroduce the characters and concepts. Anyone watching the show will know all that stuff already.
NastyNate

I just watched the first episode a little while ago. It's nice while it's on youtube to be able to watch on my playstation. I thought it was good. I missed a whole lot of it because I was messing with my rifle stock as I was watching it, and I was looking down at that a lot during it. A good bit of talk and set up. I don't know anything about the book, but I was hoping this would take place at least 10 years down the road. I'm not happy with it happening so quick. Just like from .hack to .hack gu, it's like man we just saved that world now its gone bad this quick! Frustrating. This episode was also a good picture of one of the complaints with the show that some have. After all that happened, it would be realistic for the government to seize all of those headsets, now people are dying again and that just reinforces that. I'm going to look past that, but it's a valid complaint I have heard. I'm excited about the gun rpg. I like animes like trigun and other ones with guns, and I recently started getting into guns too. So it looks like a fun setting.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Destiny_Gundam

NastyNate wrote:This episode was also a good picture of one of the complaints with the show that some have. After all that happened, it would be realistic for the government to seize all of those headsets, now people are dying again and that just reinforces that.
I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh that you're saying that while cleaning your gun. If you wanna talk about dangerous things the government should be seizing, you're holding it right now.

Anyways, as shown there is a government agency investigating such things, and newer headsets were designed so they can't be fatal, so that's more than enough.
NastyNate

Oh you so silly destiny.

Destiny_Gundam

I'm quite serious. So no, taking away the headsets is not the 'realistic' senario. Making laws, setting standards and placing restrictions on them would be the realistic outcome.
NastyNate

I still think if this was actually happening they would outlaw the headsets. It would then go underground. Just like in the olden days cocain was something taxed and legal and then they made it illegal. I did put that comment around good things about the show, I was just stating what I had heard from nay sayers and I have to give them credit.

Destiny_Gundam

I'm not trying to start a gun control debate here, but even in the face of a huge pile of dead school kids has the government made fire arms illegal? Same goes for cigarettes, alcohol, and motor vehicles.

Besides, they've already ruled out the possibility that the headgear is causing the deaths. Outside of the SAO incident, they're just not a consistant enough threat to warrent such extreme measures.
Compass

Not bad at all for the first four episodes. Quality's the same as SAO 1, if not better. Follows the VN pretty accurately too.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Destiny_Gundam

And now you know why male players pick female avatars. Makes things so much easier.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

From what I have read, it looks like season II will be only GGO...as this season will cover two of the Light Novels (5&6). Which is a good thing in my opinion, as one problems with the first season was the rapid pacing...

Furthermore I doubt that they will get to the Mother Rosario arc because 1) it takes place in volume 7 and 2) It doesn't focus on everyone's favorite wish-fulling character, Kirito.

Overall I am liking SAO II, I found the first season passable and know that I know what the show is...I can enjoy it for exactly that reason.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
PowerdGNFlag

Soma Taozi wrote: Furthermore I doubt that they will get to the Mother Rosario arc because 1) it takes place in volume 7 and 2) It doesn't focus on everyone's favorite wish-fulling character, Kirito.
I've always thought that Mother's Rosario together with the other ALO sidestory/quest thing would work best as a short OVA collection/movie pair leading in to the Alicization arc...should they choose to pursue it.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Compass

The Excaliber side story could be attached to this series without very much issue. 3 or 4 episodes.
Destiny_Gundam

I figured they'd do the same format as the first season, with each half covering 2 novels. Since Phantom Bullet is 2 volumes like Fairy Dance was, I think it'll be over in 13 or so episodes, leaving the 2nd cour open for the next two novels, namely Early and Late and Mother's Rosario. But since one story from Early and Late was included in the first series it'll probably be mostly dedicated to Calibur.

Alicization will probably need 50 episodes considering how damn long it is.
FieryBlitz

Can I just take a bold risk and just say that I am actually one of those guys who actually hates this show with a burning passion?

Because to tell you the truth... I really hate this show. It's, and this is entirely just me, pretty much what I depict as "the biggest stab in the back to anything good and holy about MMOs and general gaming."

A "now minor" thing that annoys me is the existence of the death game. It's done nothing to serve anything critical other than for the sake of drama. Started off promising when I saw the first episode dubbed (never saw it subbed), but as the episodes went by, I started to not enjoy it at all, to the point where I actually dropped it and said, "Eff it. Valvrave was better."

There's also a few other things, but quite frankly, these are things have been brought up thousands of times and bring nothing new to the table, though I will give mention to the horrible harem the show had going, especially the implied incest, which I thought was incredibly disgusting on the director's part. No, the fact that Kirito and Leafa (assuming I got the name right), forgot what her real world name was, are not related by blood doesn't change my opinion in the slightest, because I think that was just a cheap excuse to make the incest a thing in the first place.