Sword Art Online

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
iCards

Re: Sword Art Online

NastyNate wrote:

iCards wrote:Episode 12: Daww! :D
Spoiler
Personally I don't see why they couldn't have said Yui regained her memories from touching the stone. The way they said it is that she all of a sudden regains her memories then access the stone.
I think she regained them when Kirito and Asuna where in intense danger.
Spoiler
It's a Novel thing. The way I understood the sequence of this event in the Novel was Yui accidentally touching the stone and her data being repaired. Here she just regained her memory and then accessed the terminal.
It's still a good ending.
Compass

The frog legs are 100x more epic than the short story.

Also, did anyone find Kirito 100x more upbeat than normal? We didn't see a lot of him last episode but this episode he seemed WAAAAAAAY happy o_O
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

If he wasn't happy after all that he deserves a punch to the face.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Compass

They lost some points on development here. Could have resolved Kibaou and the Army.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
NastyNate

Compass wrote:The frog legs are 100x more epic than the short story.

Also, did anyone find Kirito 100x more upbeat than normal? We didn't see a lot of him last episode but this episode he seemed WAAAAAAAY happy o_O
I did. It is what I meant in the above post how he is becoming more "Likeable". He is going to gain a lot when he reenters the real world.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Compass

A quick question about Japanese culture.

Wedding bands.

I noticed when I actually went to Japan that almost no one wore wedding bands. Are they just becoming more mainstream there now or what? I guess people would understand a reference to the wedding bands, but is that more of a Western thing that's being taken over to Japan?
NastyNate

I can't answer your question but I can bring up I too have seen it in some animes. I remember an episode of Rurouni Kenshin where it took place during the Meji era and they went to a big city where there was western influence. They commented on a ring and Karu asked Kenshin what it was and he said it was a western proposal. Later that same episode he found a ring in a fish and accidentally gave it to Karu and Hilariousness pursued as they tried to get it back. :D

I have heard that a proposal in Japanese culture is giving a ring or ere-loom to a woman before battle. Which is why Slegger gave a ring to the bridge girl in Gundam 0079. And why Kira gave Lacus a ring to hold. I think they are supposed to take it back but when they come back they are married. I think.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Compass

This episode... so... UNDEFINABLE.
Destiny_Gundam

Heh, well this episode had some stuff I'm sure some could complain about, but then other stuff to shut them right up :lol: Good stuff.
tehprognoob

Kind of a squished storyline, but the 75 extra buffed boss actually scared me a bit. Shit looks rad. Essentially a oneshot boss with only phys attacks that can be canceled. If the DDs don't steal aggro off of Heathcliff/Asuna/Kirito it would be almost a no-brainer to kill
Spoiler
Aincrad arc ends next episode then
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

NastyNate

I loved this episode. It took me back to the kenshin days when they where silly but then they go back to the serious. It's been a while since I have enjoyed an anime this much. I also absolutely love the relational things of Asuna and Kirito. I love those slice of life episodes and we have gotten multiple ones. That fishes derp face was so funny too. Asuna's speech of life before she met Kirito was really cool, I can relate except for me its Jesus but still really cool.

NastyNate

I wish we could get this. Maybe since Sword art Online is doing well on Crunchyroll they will get enough support to release it digitally.
http://gematsu.com/2012/10/sword-art-on ... y-detailed

Compass

Oh PSP, why do you have to not be a 3DS :(

Seriously, if I can't have my NerveGear, I might as well have a hole in my handheld q_q
Destiny_Gundam

Worst case senario you could import it and wait for an FAQ to be made.

If it's fully voice acted I might be interested in it...
NastyNate

Neat how they are making a different take on a later arch so its not the same as the anime. If we don't get the game maybe someone will translate the cut scenes like they did .hack links so we can watch it as like an ova.

NastyNate

Did they cancel this weeks episode?

Destiny_Gundam

No, what makes you say that? It doesn't air until tomorrow.
NastyNate

I thought it aired on thursdays.

Destiny_Gundam

No, it's released on Saturdays.
Destiny_Gundam

A bit on the rushed and anti-climactic side, but personally I'm just happy we're finally on the second arc now and the other characters will actually become full cast members.