Sword Art Online

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Sword Art Online

Kirito and Suguha actually are related by blood. They're just cousins rather than siblings. In Japan relationships between cousins are acceptable.

Even if they were real siblings I wouldn't mind. I accept such relationships the same I do mix-raced or same sex relationships.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
FieryBlitz

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Kirito and Suguha actually are related by blood. They're just cousins rather than siblings. In Japan relationships between cousins are acceptable.
Really? Cousins are acceptable? Huh. Now that I did not know about. Guess that's what I get for dropping the show.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, the show itself doesn't say that (in fact Suguha is always denying her feelings because she knows they're wrong). What constitutes incest varies from place to place (plenty of US States allow cousin marriages).
Ryujin

One of the local papers here lists the most popular Google searches for the country in its weekly pop culture section.
Most-searched games: Gun Gale Online, DOTA 2, Helmet Heroes, ....etc.
AHAHAHAHAHA!
Destiny_Gundam

So who else picked up Hollow Fragment?
Compass

Is it in English or do I need to import?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

Official english release is digital only, so just head over to the Playstation Store and you can pick it up.
Compass

Spoiler
Sinon getting knocked over was a bit too comical to be appropriate.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Deathzealot

Looks like I lost a bet to myself, I thought this episode would focus on Asuna and friends watching what was going on in BoB before discussing Death Gun and Laughing Coffin. Before Asuna logs off and gets the Ministry Guy to log in how she did so in the Novels. Then only returning to Sinon and Kirito dealing with Death Gun next episode. But nope we did some focus on them at the start before going to Kirito. /grumble/
Zeonista

I am 100% into this story now that Death Gun has been revealed as another SAO gamer, and one of the notorious Laugh Coffin gang. I thought all of the PK gamers had been rounded up by the police, but it would seem that one of them covered his tracks very well... The newly revealed cat and mouse game has kicked the story into a new level of intensity, and forced Kirito to come to terms with more of the consequences of his enforced life of gaming. Unlike the PK psycho, Kirito didn't like killing 3 other gamers in order to survive, it was not fun or "just a game" at that point. Poor Shinon has lived a nightmare by Japanese standards. I hope she lives long enough to get a chance to heal some. Kirito as a girl-avatar jedi knight has been fun, along with all of Shinon's related tsun-tsun moments. :)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Compass

I have a feeling we're going to be facing another lopsided season of 16/8-ish episode arcs. There's no way I could envision this going on for more than another 5 episodes given the light novel content.
Deathzealot

Agreed. I think the Mother Rosario arc is next?
Compass

I think the Excaliber arc could probably do better in that small period of 8 episodes though <_<
Deathzealot

I thought they are going to with 30 Episodes like Season One? For I don't think GGO Arc is going last more then another five episodes?

EDIT: Not to mention I would like to see Asuna get some action for a change. From what I understand that happens in Mother Rosario.
Zeonista

Deathzealot wrote:Agreed. I think the Mother Rosario arc is next?
From what I have been able to learn, that is correct.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Deathzealot

Hopefully. I want to see Asuna get the spotlight again.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I am currently re-watching SAO in preparation for SAO II. Hopefully II will live up to the hype. ;)

Also, Caliber is the next story in the sequence, followed by Mother's Rosario. I'm not sure what they've got planned for SAO II's remaining episodes. Caliber and Rosario are both short stories but the Alicization Arc currently occupies vol. 9-15 of the light novels... and it's still not done. It will likely need its own season... or two.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Deathzealot

Wait. Caliber is the next bit? Damn. I wanted to see Mother Rosario.
Destiny_Gundam

Calibur is a single chapter story, so it's not like it'll take long. They'll have plenty of room to stick Mother's Rosario in there. Not that I'm particularly excited about it. I don't really care about Asuna that much.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I don't really care about Asuna that much.
What is this fresh heresy?! :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion