Sword Art Online

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Sword Art Online

PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLb0ZF08b7k

At least this time their won't be weird sister (BUT NOT REALLY!!!) incest...or should I say...wincest for some people? :roll:

But Kirito looks feminine this time in some of the pics...so...I mean, what?!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -activated
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Destiny_Gundam

Soma Taozi wrote:But Kirito looks feminine this time in some of the pics...so...I mean, what?!
That's what his GGO avatar looks like.

Anyways, this announcement was inevitable. I'm not that thrilled since I think the first season ended perfectly, but I'll watch it all the same.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
NastyNate

I'll be checking out this first episode of season 3 for sure. I liked the first sword art online. Mainly season 1. I'm excited to see what they do with a gun rpg, I wonder if it will have a cowboy beebop/Trgun western feel to it.

Also. Did anyone here check out the Sword Art Online special that was streamed on new years at Daiski? Was it good?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Destiny_Gundam

I watched it but was waiting for some one else to post so I didn't double.

It's definitely worth checking out, even if you just skip through the recap parts. There's over an episode's worth of new content to watch, including the gang doing a quest in ALO. As I've said before, that's the kinda thing I want to see more of, since most of the other characters got pushed aside once they had their episode in the spotlight.
Compass

Kikuoka dumping all that candy :shock:

I seriously imagine him going :3 every time the action's not pointed at his face. Unfortunately, watching the game does not feel as "epic" because no one has a chance of actually dying if they wipe. It would have been funny for Klein to like die and say something dramatic and then just respawn :oops:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
JulieYBM

Well, tickle me funny. Placing aside my contempt for the Suguha character this was perhaps the best recap special I have ever seen. The clips are well framed into an actual story narrative creating the illusion of an actual episode. I quite like this technique because it allowed for some less developed characters to receive screen time and--more importantly--camaraderie. One can actually see how this group of personalities would be friends in real-life and how their time in Sword Art Online has given them their own little secret breakfast club. The hint that the interviewer would be seeing Kirito again was a clear nod to the potential for another one of these Extra Editions, which I am all for should they match the excellence of this edition.

Via AICAnime. :P
She/Her
Destiny_Gundam

JacobYBM wrote:The hint that the interviewer would be seeing Kirito again was a clear nod to the potential for another one of these Extra Editions
I think you mean season 2 ;)
JulieYBM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:The hint that the interviewer would be seeing Kirito again was a clear nod to the potential for another one of these Extra Editions
I think you mean season 2 ;)
Apparently so. I was unaware that this man was a character from the light novels.
She/Her
Arbiter GUNDAM

--SPOILER ALERT-- (also somewhat NSFW, you know, Newtype Naked Space)

From SAO Progressive vol. 2--

I really want to know what part of the quest involves giving an NPC (an ultra-hot dark elf NPC) a bath...
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

Gotta say that I'm really enjoying watching Sword Art Online again. I'm watching the Dub on Netflix. It was recently added. I really like the Dub.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Destiny_Gundam

Well, I wasn't expecting this. Looks like it's time I buy a Vita.

Reminder: season 2 in July.
NastyNate

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well, I wasn't expecting this. Looks like it's time I buy a Vita.

I saw this today. I'm so happy this is coming to the west. I don't know a whole lot about the game but what I have seen in screenshots and gameplay clips looks really good. This is on top of the news that Tales of Hearts R is coming to the west on vita so it's a great time to like rpgs and the vita. Peter I think you would like Gravity Rush too if you do pick one up.

I did not know season 2 comes out in July. That's great to hear. Really well played having the US release during the premier of season 3. I might have to get some crunchyroll on my ps3 when the show comes out. Though I think I'll wait a few months so I can catch a bunch of episodes back to back.

Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well, I wasn't expecting this. Looks like it's time I buy a Vita.

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised, considering SAO's popularity here in the States. Guess I'll have to get a Vita too. :)

--Freyja Wion
yazi88

Thanks to this game coming out here, the VITA just keeps adding more JRPGs to its library, I LOVE IT!!! And Dollow does too, as my fellow comrade in arms for both JRPGs and VITA!
NastyNate

Isn't it great Yazi! And right on top of Tales Of R coming out. I would say I'd like to also see X game come out too, but I'm just too happy these that had low chances are making it over. After these, if they sell wel,l who knows!

Robert, I did not realize you are that into SAO! If you get a vita there are a bunch of other great games on it! Be sure to sign up for Playstation Plus at least for the first 3 months. You get a ton of great games. Including Uncharted and Gravity Rush!

Peter, are you excited about another skype chat about Season 2 when it comes out?! I am :D

Destiny_Gundam

Eh, I'm not too excited about season 2 in general. The first series ended perfectly and there really was no need for more. I also know that besides Kirito, all of the other characters don't have any sort of role. My level of excitement is going to depend entirely only how much I end up liking Shinon.
NastyNate

Is there a new love interest in this one? Your not excited about another chat? :(

Destiny_Gundam

Just like how ALO was about Kirito going into a new game and getting involved with a new girl, GGO is also about Kirito going into a new game and getting involved with a new girl. Specifically the one on the right.

Well it's easier to get excited about a chat when you're excited about the topic.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Given SAO's popularity and the fact that there's many more LNs after Aincrad and Fairy Dance, another season was pretty much inevitable.

I think you'll like Sinon, Destiny_Gundam. I kinda already spoiled myself about her by reading the wiki and watching a Let's Play of Infinity Moment. Whereas Asuna is very headstrong and take-charge, Sinon is a more introspective type. And a little tsundere. ;)

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Heh, yeah, I've been spoiled plenty myself (not to mention I've actually read Calibur).