The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

Raptor wrote:
pk-man wrote:I don't think the feds would let the Vagans come back to Earth, seeing how they completing deny the existence of the Mars Settlement Plan. The feds left them there to die. If they tried to come back somehow, I am pretty sure the Federation would ensure they wouldn't make it out alive.
They didn't have to let them. We know that the Vagan can seemingly adapt extremely quickly, since who knows how many were completely unnoticed at the end of Gen 2, going into to Gen 3, for almost 20 years.

Seems to me the Vagan could have easily integrated.

-Raptor, out.
But aren't you talking about the whole populace of the Mars Sphere? hundreds, if not thousands of soldiers who are trained for espionage is different from literally millions, if not billions, of people. That is much more noticeable to the federation, even idiots like they've been portrayed.

Moreover, if they slowly migrated like you suggest, Raptor, then how long would this migration take, exactly? What about those left behind? What would the kids think if they were sent in without both, or either of their parents, knowing they might not be selected, or could easily get the incurable sickness? IMO, some people would be selfless and wait their turn (and possibly die from radiation as a result) but I think there would be a mass panic as people fight to live. Fanatic as the Vagan seem, this seems like a really logical step.

Imagine being trapped in a death camp with only a few being allowed safely escape. What would the inmates do? Some, if not all, would try to make their escape before chance selects their number for death. And this brings up the issue again of how long exactly this migration would take? Do you know how long it takes Billions of untrained civilians to safely sneak into another society?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Raptor

60 years, mayhaps?

My point is quite simply this. Instead of blowing up colonies, they could have been slowly migrating to them. Instead of massing an army, they could have been BUILDING colonies, or colonizing other places. We've seen plenty of asteroid bases in Gundam. We know that Vagan have a hierarchy in their military, a strict government would have allowed them to manage the people migrating in small numbers. And if it took 100 years, so what? They apparently had the patience to wait for Ezelcant, so if hope was all they needed, then Hope was right there, in the form of a new life.

How many Vagan have died from radiation waiting on Ezelcant? At least if they had migrated, some of those might have lived.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Amion

Raptor wrote:60 years, mayhaps?

My point is quite simply this. Instead of blowing up colonies, they could have been slowly migrating to them. Instead of massing an army, they could have been BUILDING colonies, or colonizing other places. We've seen plenty of asteroid bases in Gundam. We know that Vagan have a hierarchy in their military, a strict government would have allowed them to manage the people migrating in small numbers. And if it took 100 years, so what? They apparently had the patience to wait for Ezelcant, so if hope was all they needed, then Hope was right there, in the form of a new life.

How many Vagan have died from radiation waiting on Ezelcant? At least if they had migrated, some of those might have lived.

-Raptor, out.
But your suggestions are those of someone who hasn't been affected by the need for revenge. and sixty years is a long time. The invasion has been going on not too much longer. And that still does not account for all the turmoil such a migration would cause. It's easy to say, well at least some people will be saved, and expect everyone to go along with it. Can you see a guy like Zanald going along with that? Think of all the desks that wouldn't get smashed.

I agree that your point about moving to other places like the asteroid belt is an option, but in regards to that, all I can say is that revenge is a powerful motivator. That's why Geera did what he did. And again, we've seen that the harsh life of Vagan has resulted in mean people, like Zanald, who would probably not like living in an asteroid belt either. And BTW, Haman even said that living in a backwater like Axis was intolerable, which is why they came to retake the Earth Sphere to start with. so moving the Vagan people to somewhere else might fix the whole Mars Rays issue, but they would probably have still come after the earth anyway at some point, at least from what I can tell about their moral views (or lack thereof)
Raptor

I never claimed that the Vagan we see would ever want to shy from their revenge. Everyone has been humanizing them, so I was merely stating that from the human standpoint we seem to want to give them, this would have been the best option.

However, from that same human standpoint, they have chosen none of those options, nor any other, and simply clung to their thirst for revenge, showing that they have no true interest in simply ending the conflict or moving to earth. For almost three pages I've been posting against the notion that the Vagan's simply desire to live away from their current condition, when that simply isn't true. If it was, they would have done something other than amass an army and declare war.

So the point I made two pages ago stands. The Vagan, who have made no attempt to live in peace, no attempt to avoid war, and have slaughtered countless civilians for the sake of their revenge, their "Eden", who simply kill for the sake of killing earthlings, who fanatically follow a evil man who cares not even the least for his own people, should be destroyed. If they had wanted peace, they could have simply renounced their self-given name and spent all the time, manpower and resources they've spent fighting in relocating instead, but they didn't. Thus I have no qualms with this.

And it seems we have come full circle. In the future, just because I agree with Chris, mayhaps I shouldn't say so, if the last two pages have anything to show for it.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Amion

Raptor wrote:I never claimed that the Vagan we see would ever want to shy from their revenge. Everyone has been humanizing them, so I was merely stating that from the human standpoint we seem to want to give them, this would have been the best option.
Actually, the Earth Federation officially apologizing to the Vagan, and stating they will help to fix the mess they started would be the best option.

If the Vagans responded with more colony busting, that's when I would agree and say to plasma dive them all. The truth is though, the feds never did this to start with. (looks at the the first episode of Asemu's arc) Well never mind. I just destroyed my own argument.

I think what started this was that Chris wanted to totally wipe out everyone, whereas others like myself just want to destroy the military, considering we don't know how the stupid Vagans would react without Ezelcant. And if they still wanted a fight...Hey, there's always more Plasma Divers.
Raptor

My only problem with just wiping out the military, is that the fanatical following we've seen so far makes it seem like even without the military they would fight on.

Moreover, the Federation has their own evils, as they always seem to in Gundam, so I doubt that even if they had apologized, they would have rendered aid.

However, I think a olive branch should be forthcoming, so although I won't part on my opinion, I will be the first to suggest a truce. We could argue this until the sun explodes, I think. And neither of us would be happy.

Interesting to see the division. I am curious to know just how the internet is reacting to this division, and which side more people seem to sit on.

-Raptor, out.
Amion

Amion wrote: I just destroyed my own argument.
That was basically me admitting defeat actually. I confer upon you the civic Crown. I had honestly forgotten that the Vagans had indeed been offered peace and openly rejected it. In any case, I agree that this divide is interesting.

Genocide or tolerance to evil. The fate of the Vagans hangs in the balance of the fans.

(Munches a chocolate bar for emphasis)
Raptor

Having skimmed some other boards, I believe Mechatalk's Three Page War needs to be framed, and put on a wall somewhere as a award for civility. Most others are fighting far more fiercely, and with more hate than we. Lol

In all of this we have missed one important fact though.

Still no Elmeda.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well, of course. We are the best after all. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
MarshalBraginsky

Question: why are they not releasing the next episode tomorrow? Do they have a festival or something?
HellCat

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Question: why are they not releasing the next episode tomorrow? Do they have a festival or something?
Apparently it's this weird event called the Olive Pigs or something.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
yazi88

Does that also mean no new episode of Muv-luv Total Eclipse?
DuelGundam2099

It's the summer Olympics, supposedly we're not getting a new episode for a few weeks if what is being said about Eureka Seven AO is any indication.
Arbiter GUNDAM

So no weekend anime for this tomorrow and next week?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Raptor

If true, then this will seriously offset the new Anime Season. Shouldn't the next couple of episodes already be animated though?

-Raptor, out.
E08

According to the scan i have seen, there will be an episode next wk then another break the week after. Even if the episodes are animated, how can they show it if they cant get a timeslot?
reeoyuy

There is new episode this week, same time as usual. Just watched it, backstory on Spriggan like the title suggested. If anyone still thinking that 'Girard' is not a suitable name for a woman, guess what,
Spoiler
That's not her real name. Seems like her backstory is about X-Rounder experiment that went wrong.
E08

I see. I suppose the break could apply only to the TV broadcast...
Raptor

E08 wrote:According to the scan i have seen, there will be an episode next wk then another break the week after. Even if the episodes are animated, how can they show it if they cant get a timeslot?
Sunrise has been uploading the episodes to Youtube every week, on the dot, as well as airing them on Television.

-Raptor, out.
reeoyuy

E08 wrote:I see. I suppose the break could apply only to the TV broadcast...
No, I watched that using Keyhole TV, Japanese TV livestream program made by Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affair (so I guess it's legal). It's there on TBS channel, as usual, on time. I don't know about next week but for this week the only show I couldn't watch live due to Olympic is just Kamen Rider Fourze on TV Asahi in the morning. AGE or TBS shows in general seems unaffected.
Raptor wrote: Sunrise has been uploading the episodes to Youtube every week, on the dot, as well as airing them on Television.
Yeah, sometimes it took hours or even half a day after TV broadcast for the episode to be uploaded to Youtube, but they never fail to deliver each week.