Sailor Moon Remastered?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Sailor Moon Remastered?

DuelGundam2099 wrote:This is the only forum I go to that doesn't have a massive brony following, since SM is an anime, one from early Toonami days no less, there will be fans coming here eventually and when they do I'll get to say "Told you so".
I don't foresee any situation on this forum where you'll ever be able to say "I told you so" to anyone. And if Sailor Moon is popular, who cares? I can't even get people on this forum to focus on non-Gundam mecha shows, so do you really think Sailor Moon will be a problem? Besides, as others have pointed out, if there was a Sailor Moon discussion here, it would be limited to a single thread. All you have to do is avoid the thread, which so far you haven't demonstrated having the ability to do.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Nice to see Sailor Moon have something new after a good while.
Used to watch the Dic done dub and all that.

Also DuelGundam dude settle down, just because some people may be in to those alternative types.
Don't go around proclaiming "sky is falling, end of mechatalk, magical girl fan invasion!!!"

Seriously just settle down and also try to be more tolerant of other genres, it's not really worth kicking a fuss up about, is it? :shock:

On another note, I did rather like Amy/Mercury back in the day and I still do.
Kenji

Truthfully, I'm pretty curious.

Sailor Moon was always pretty damn popular, on both sides of the ocean, and I've always been pretty curious about why. I missed out on a chance to get the old series boxset for cheap, but maybe this new series will give me some insight.

Assuming, of course, that nothing goes wrong with it.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
DuelGundam2099

Seriously just settle down and also try to be more tolerant of other genres
I like other genres, just not THAT specific one. That and since everyone says to, I'll lay off distaste for this series until it actually comes out.
Vent Noir

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Nah, Cutie Honey was the first to have transforming heroines.
I see Cutey Honey as more of a "prototype" - it's essentially a superhero show that got retroactively defined as part of the Magical Girl genre after Sailor Moon came out. It had an influence on Sailor Moon, sure, but didn't define the genre the way Sailor Moon did.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Chris
Administrator

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Seriously just settle down and also try to be more tolerant of other genres
I like other genres, just not THAT specific one. That and since everyone says to, I'll lay off distaste for this series until it actually comes out.
Again, it doesn't matter what you like or don't like. Just don't post in any damn threads with "Sailor Moon" in the title and there's no problem. It's not like Sailor Moon discussion is going to show up in Gundam threads.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Ryujin

I, for one, eagerly anticipate the return of Jupiter and her talents.

Sailor Moon revived my interest in anime back in the early Nineties after I'd burned out on too much Gundam & other stuff (just about all of them involving mecha, melodrama, and dystopian futures to a greater or lesser degree).

Also, I wouldn't mind if Naoko Takeuchi pushed through with her original plan this time 'round, just to see everyone's reactions.
reeoyuy

Mu La Flaga wrote: On another note, I did rather like Amy/Mercury back in the day and I still do.
Ami is my first anime crush. That may explain my feti-...um, preference for women with short hair.
DuelGundam2099 wrote: I like other genres, just not THAT specific one. That and since everyone says to, I'll lay off distaste for this series until it actually comes out.
I bet you won't like it when someone barge in to your Brave thread only to rant about his dislike for THAT specific series :D (yes, those are legitimate mecha, just an example).
Mu La Flaga

reeoyuy wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote: On another note, I did rather like Amy/Mercury back in the day and I still do.
Ami is my first anime crush. That may explain my feti-...um, preference for women with short hair.
For me the appeal of Amy is more.
She is smart, she is friendly, she is the tech head and a cutie and that blue hair :P
DuelGundam2099

I bet you won't like it when someone barge in to your Brave thread only to rant about his dislike for THAT specific series
I'd rather have a few hateful responses in my topics than nothing at all.
Kuruni

Well, this is clearly won't be "nothing at all", so I don't think we need "few hateful responses". :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
ShadowCell

Ryujin wrote:Also, I wouldn't mind if Naoko Takeuchi pushed through with her original plan this time 'round, just to see everyone's reactions.
"I wanted to make a manga where everyone died at the end"

Yoshiyuki Tomino called, something about an "Ideon" and "stealing his schtick."

although i would totally watch a grimdark kill-em-all Sailor Moon just so the record is clear
Sume Gai

regarding a Kill-em-All magical girl show...
Spoiler
Madoka Magica says hi!
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Zeino

So will this be reconstruction to Madoka's deconstruction as GaoGaiGar was to Eva?

ShadowCell wrote:
Ryujin wrote:Also, I wouldn't mind if Naoko Takeuchi pushed through with her original plan this time 'round, just to see everyone's reactions.
"I wanted to make a manga where everyone died at the end"

Yoshiyuki Tomino called, something about an "Ideon" and "stealing his schtick."

although i would totally watch a grimdark kill-em-all Sailor Moon just so the record is clear
The first season of the original anime series kind of already did that ending as pointed out...
HellCat

I'm pretty sure I know a guy who would fund a factory that made Sailor Mercury androids.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Destiny_Gundam

Sume Gai wrote:regarding a Kill-em-All magical girl show...
Spoiler
Madoka Magica says hi!
Doesn't count. Only 2 of them stayed dead.

But if we count coming back, My HiME did it first.

Anyways, yeah, Ami is cute and on the shy side. Definitely my type.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mythgarr

Yes please. My guilty please, remastered? Yes please.
Visit The Dreams
Amion

I always rather liked Sailor Moon, it would be nice to see it remastered. And of course, having everyone die at the end would be perfect as far as I am concerned!
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Thought I would bring this thread back up since the new project (whatever it is) is getting close to being release (well technically it will be sometime this winter season, but whatever)...so I found an article breaking down stuff that has been confirmed, speculated, and just what to expect.

Thought I would share: http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/sailor-moon/ ... -to-expect

I expect more information will be released as fall gets underway.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Darkerangel

So wait, would state-wise pretend that Sailor Moon
Stars never happened? Because obviously it seem like the upcoming remake is getting more state-wise buzz than SM Stars did.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.