Sailor Moon Remastered?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Sailor Moon Remastered?

Darkerangel wrote:So wait, would state-wise pretend that Sailor Moon
Stars never happened? Because obviously it seem like the upcoming remake is getting more state-wise buzz than SM Stars did.
That's a good question, although chances are if you are excited about the new project you already watched the last season of the show...regardless if it was officially released or not. Besides I am not sure if it matters...the article talks in detail about the possibility that this new project will follow the manga more closely (in a FMA:B kind of way).

Really all we know is:
- This new series was initially scheduled to premiere Summer 2013 for a simultaneous worldwide release. The premiere has since been postponed to this coming winter with no specific date currently nailed down.

- The series will be available on Niconico, a Japanese streaming video service, likely with subtitles in multiple languages including English. Toonami is looking into airing the show here in the U.S.

- The new anime will be based on the old one, but won’t be a remake.

- While the original voice actors for Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask have expressed interest in reprising their roles, and several actors from the English dub have said the same regarding a dub of the new series, no official casting information has been announced on either front.

- Idol group Momoiro Clover Z will perform the theme song. Whether this will be a cover of “Moonlight Densetsu,” the opening theme for the original anime’s first four seasons, or a new song altogether has not yet been specified, but speculation seems to be leaning toward something new.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020