Official After War Gundam X Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AmuroNT1

Re: Official After War Gundam X Thread

HellCat wrote:Romefeller for me feel like a very Japanese response to wanting something exotic and cool, which the director has stated was basically the constant mission statement for Wing.
Do you have a source on that? It's not you I'm questioning, but over the years people have been disturbingly eager to manufacture fake interviews and quotes in order to try and make Wing look bad (see the whole "The show was made on a dare" crap someone on 4chan tried a few years ago).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

I'd have to dig it up but the source was an interview that came from the remastered DVDs a few years back. They certainly said this was the case for Treize, which is why early on he always appears doing things like taking a rose petal bath. Their mandate was 'doesn't matter if it makes sense, he has to look ridiculously cool'.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
HellCat

One comment I do have is I don't really like the Frost Brothers and can see why Tokita cast them as pathetic trolls. They're not really compelling in any sense (apparently even the VA's complained, especially Olba's) and I think their angle was explored better years later in SEED with Rau. At least with Rau there was a certain tragic truth to his beliefs. The Frosts are just petty and don't even stand out amongst similar 'sinister sibling' pairs in other titles.
AmuroNT1

From what I've heard, playing Olba simply gave Nozomu Sasaki an aversion to the word "Nii-san" (big brother).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

As you say, Nii-san.
LightningCount

All in all, I like the unconventional Frost brothers a lot, actually. To me, they’re some of the coolest, most lovable villains in all of Gundam, sharing some really entertaining dialogue along the way. The ONLY thing that holds them back for me is that they rarely have "victorious" personal moments against the heroes. (I think OZ almost has more luck against the nigh indestructible Gundam pilots in Wing, and that's a shame). Down the line, after so many failures, that hurt their credibility as a threat going into the final arcs. The failed Ashtaron/Virsago pincer-stab maneuver alone is interrupted countless times it feels like. Their greatest victories seem to come in their behind-the-scenes manipulations rather than the battlefield. I’m maybe being a little harsh, since they’re often dealing with bad odds in battle. They actually do perform pretty good when it’s one-on-one or two-on-two, and if they are dealing with a non-upgraded MS. Still, the Frost Brothers don't get their due in battles when you compare what their machines move like in the opening animation. Perhaps the lost extra episodes would have given them a little more time (and budget) to “shine.”

For what it's worth, if you're curious, Animenewsnetwork.com states that it was after episode 26 (the fight against the Gadeel in the Estard Arc) that the series was shortened. I don't know their source, though, and it sort of sounds like a modern guess, based on the current 26-episode series/season concept. Whatever the case, if I were to hazard my best guess, I'd say the story between episodes 29 and 36 would have been the most altered, which I explored in another thread. You can check it out when you finish:
Spoiler
I think around the Estard Arc is when the series got cut down, because there have been talks (even design specs?) of Ennil getting an Esperanza-upgraded Gundam, and after Estard, with the New Federation advancing its forces, we have her combating them with a blue Jenice on Saints Island (likely in place of the aforementioned Gundam-type).

More potential evidence/intended direction: I have a feeling the global skirmishes with the New Federation were meant to be played out in more episodes, with Carris' new Vulture Resistance group and (perhaps the recently introduced Estard's Prince Willis?) coming to play larger roles as the Space Revolutionary Army made landings and grabs for power, as well: MAHQ's Episode 30 Review: "In Europe, Bloodman decides to make public the news that the SRA forces still exist. He doesn't want the SRA forces to land in North America and team up with Vultures, so he believes announcing this news will show the people they still have an enemy in space and that the old war isn't over."

And in episode 35, Carris confirms that something along these lines has been developing off-camera*. Speaking of that off-camera Vulture coalition, if it included Fort Severn forces, it'd also make total sense to bring back the surviving Vultures who helped Jamil in the Alternative Arc, especially Roso Intenso, since she seemed to have a thing for Jamil, and it'd bring things full circle.

In all honesty, the writers condensed things so tightly in the last quarter of the series due to episode constraints, that it's hard to know where exactly new episodes would fit. However, it could only have improved upon the very exciting developments that were going on with the politics of the UN and Space Revolutionary Army. (And there'd probably be some more elaborate animation moments, too). If I were to hazard my best guess, I'd say the story between episodes 29 and 36 would have been altered to highlight more dramatically the SRA's coming to Earth and include the "North American opposition forces"* noted by Carris in episode 35, as well as more time with Satellicon and the colony situation in space (maybe 4 to 5 more episodes there?).

Then, the rest of the episodes would be piled on toward the end, between episodes 36 and 39, to flesh out the transition to, and execution of, the story/battle of the DOME arc. In these episodes, also, I'd imagine there'd be more use/development of Paula, Lancerow, Nichola, and Ennil, as well as the other G-Falcon combos only teased at in episode 36 ("Kid shows Pala a computer illustration showing that the G-Falcon can combine with all the Old UNE's Gundam types. It can combine with the Airmaster Burst for high mobility, or it can combine with the Leopard Destroy to make it capable of flight."--GX MAHQ Review).
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Mythgarr

Spoiler
I am psyched! A (hypothetical) HG Airmaster Burst was front and center on the prologue of 2nd episode of Gundam Build Fighters TRY!

(but it was torn apart...nevertheless!)
Visit The Dreams
PowerdGNFlag

Mythgarr wrote:
Spoiler
I am psyched! A (hypothetical) HG Airmaster Burst was front and center on the prologue of 2nd episode of Gundam Build Fighters TRY!

(but it was torn apart...nevertheless!)
Sorry to disappoint, but it's just a regular Airmaster painted in the blue tones that seems to be Yuuma's trademark colors and with a custom sniper rifle (another Yuuma trademark it seems) and those awesome cluster missiles. But going back to Airmaster/X, I see that the kit's runners allow for a possible Airmaster Burst in the future.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
doghunter1

Coming from episode 15, I've got this to ask: It's obvious Witz is the eldest child, therefore, does anyone know the order of age amongst the Sou siblings from youngest to oldest (don't mention Patell, since he's long dead)?
Wingnut

doghunter1 wrote:Coming from episode 15, I've got this to ask: It's obvious Witz is the eldest child, therefore, does anyone know the order of age amongst the Sou siblings from youngest to oldest (don't mention Patell, since he's long dead)?
I'm guessing the one sister, then the brother, then the twins.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
doghunter1

Wingnut wrote:
doghunter1 wrote:Coming from episode 15, I've got this to ask: It's obvious Witz is the eldest child, therefore, does anyone know the order of age amongst the Sou siblings from youngest to oldest (don't mention Patell, since he's long dead)?
I'm guessing the one sister, then the brother, then the twins.
Thanks

News question: Watching episode 16 right now, and I've got this to ask: Are the Freiden in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico?
Mythgarr

For those of you who loves Gundam X AND Lego, you may want to vote here:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/50765
Visit The Dreams