Senki Zesshou Symphogear

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: Senki Zesshou Symphogear

Spoiler
THAT.

ZOINKING.

HELL AND HEAVEN.

DAT ROBO MA'AM

DEM SYMPHO-RANGERS

DEM X-DRIVE MODES.

DAT JII-GUNDAM

DAT EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIIIING

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAHH
In summary, that finale was amazing. :mrgreen: And overall, Symphogear G was great. It was a fun ride, definitely my favorite show of the season. Hell, probably even the whole year. Satelight delivered, and I applaud them.

But, we can't let it end here! I demand that they immediately start working on Symphogear StrikerS or whatever! Also, I am once again going to have to demand that Hibiki and the gang appear in Super Robot Wars! Shirabe's Gear is a robot now, so there are no more excuses, Banpresto! SYMPHOGEAR FOREVAH!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Ryujin

Imho Strike Zero's said all that's to be said.

...although it's funny that Maria had a matching pair of stockings for the entire episode. Also Ma'am reminded me of Altoh wearing EX-Gear.

I was kind of hoping that
Spoiler
Miku would transform as she ran towards Solomon's Cane, but I guess her relic really was destroyed (and how she's now beyond Olympic level at the javelin throw anyways). Chris didn't get to fire her long-range sniper weapon either. :(
Destiny_Gundam

"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Strike Zero

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :D :D :D

This Christmas season is now 300% more awesome.
Ryujin

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Third season confirmed.

So very YES.
Nana Mizuki wills it.
FieryBlitz

Third season you say!? Well, it's a good thing I got started on Symphogear NOW. Third season better have Chris though. I DEMAND TO SEE MS. HEAVYARMS IN THE FINEST LIGHT THIS SHOW CAN AFFORD!!
Destiny_Gundam

Destiny_Gundam

Symphogear GX confirmed for July.

http://www.symphogear-gx.com/
Strike Zero

YESSSSSSS IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGGGG :D

Is that Maria with Gungnir again? How many of those things are there?
Ryujin

Strike Zero wrote:YESSSSSSS IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGGGG :D

I'm looking forward to Shirabe-cycle/copter & Maria being the designated driver again.
Henyo

Strike Zero wrote:YESSSSSSS IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGGGG :D

according to this

http://zoid9000.tumblr.com/post/1137037 ... -recap-the

that's the Airgetlam. at any rate, here's to MORE HIBIMIKU!
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Ryujin

One week to go.

Latest PV

Looks like Maria's been serving time for her past misdeeds.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, I guess they had to make up some issue for Hibiki to mull over this season.
Ryujin

Curious how Chris seems to be the focus of the ED.

Given how she's the one who made contact with Elfnein, perhaps Chris will be the primary mover for the plot seeing as how Hibiki's apparently going the emo-bilized daddy-didn't-love-her route (looks like she needs a helping of Genjuro's training montages).

Also, whoever thought up of the Arcanoise's effects against Symphogears deserves a raise.
Destiny_Gundam

Ryujin wrote:Curious how Chris seems to be the focus of the ED.
Not really. She's always been given special treatment due to her popularity.
Zeonista

Strike Zero must still be feeling the afterglow, the first two episodes opened strong with a "where are they now" vibe that turns into surprise duels with opponents tailored to face the battle idols down and defeat them. and then NOISE show up again... Time to take the song gloves off girls! Maria's return on parole as an idol was a good touch, although now it looks like she and the other two will officially become Symphogear fighters.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Ryujin

I'm happy for the return of the Shirabe-cycle this episode. Also
Spoiler
DESS DESS DESS

So, Elfnein's a genderless homonculus, Chris & Tsubasa are out of the picture, and to top it off, Hibiki can't sing.
Well, I was expecting Hibiki to be neutralized in some fashion, but that felt rather ham-handed to me. It also seems, at this point, that Carol's running a one-alchemist operation.

Given the straits they're in, I'm expecting someone to do something along the lines of making a deal with Dr. Ver or resurrecting Fine in some fashion.
Destiny_Gundam

Dainsleif is a legendary sword that, if drawn, means some one will be slain no matter what. If that'll be the source of Hibiki's upgrade, it will be interesting if she had to rely on such a power.

But right now I gotta say Hibiki's conflict seems so forced. What happened in G wasn't that great either (how does helping people without knowing suffering hypocritical?) but this is even worse. Hibiki's always had a "talk first, use fists if necessary" policy before so why is she only now worried about hurting people?
Raikoh

Destiny_Gundam wrote:But right now I gotta say Hibiki's conflict seems so forced. What happened in G wasn't that great either (how does helping people without knowing suffering hypocritical?) but this is even worse. Hibiki's always had a "talk first, use fists if necessary" policy before so why is she only now worried about hurting people?
This is something many people are having issues with, but if you actually think about Hibiki's character the conflict isn't forced at all. Hibiki has never truly had a moral quandary. She's never had her ideals actually challenged - everyone she's fought up to this point has been someone who has been able to talk to her. Carol and the dolls, though, we have every reason to believe (also on a meta perspective due to what was said in interviews before GX's airing) can't be befriended. Having to actually fight and end someone else's dream, or their LIFE, is a heavy load to bear for someone like Hibiki who STILL hasn't actually gotten over her boatloads of personal traumas.

As for G, that's just a Commie-ism. It's fairly well known that Commie's translations being described as "loose" is an understatement and a large number of their translations are awkward and only serve to raise questions ("Heavenrend", "Swan Song", and "I can't remember the words" all being examples from Symphogear). "Gizen" translating out to "hypocrisy" is a poor choice of wording even if it's the "dictionary" definition. The actual translation comes from the combination of kanji 偽 (false) and 善 (good). I personally prefer in most cases to translate it out as "self-righteousness" because the actual contextual meaning is that it is an adjective to describe the idea of "performing a good deed for appearances rather than out of the heart." The exact details surrounding how this changes the meaning are fairly complicated and requires some more complicated analysis of both Shirabe and Hibiki's characters.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Destiny_Gundam

Raikoh wrote:someone like Hibiki who STILL hasn't actually gotten over her boatloads of personal traumas.
Personal trauma that gets made up as they go along :lol: I get that's a consequence of Hibiki needing some sort of character arc to carry her through the season but it could have been done better. I can buy that she's stup- good natured enough to take Carol's words too seriously despite only just meeting her, but for it to cause her to become unable to transform and let her friends get killed by Noise? Nuh uh.