Gundam Characters You wish that Survived>

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Android raptor

Re: Gundam Characters You wish that Survived>

I probably won't win any friends with mine, but whatever.

Kishiria Zabi: say what you will about her or her few less-than-savoury actions, her death was still really a shame and I would've loved to see what she would've done with the rest of her life. She had the potential to be a very strong leader IMHO, and I don't think would be nearly the tyrant Giren or Char ultimately became. At the very least I think the events of 0083 onward would be very different with her around (I think she'd try her hardest to keep Char on a leash if not take him out entirely, thus the events of CCA might not have happened had she lived).

Quess Paraya: yes, her. Say what you will, she was an unstable, exploited 13 year-old kid. What little life she'd lived probably was far from sunshine and rainbows, and it just doesn't sit well with me that it had to end before it even really began.

Ghinius Sakhalin: I'm actually on the fence about him, because on one hand I want him to live or at least not have to die alone and in despair like he did, but on the other had he lived I don't think he'd have much of a life. Best case scenario, he'd spend the rest of it in a mental institution, and if he even knew Aina was alive their relationship would probably be damaged beyond repair (and I don't think he can live without her or someone or something to fill her place. In a mental institution without all that, I think he'd just be a blob that's completely dead on the inside. And that's no way to live). I guess what I really want is for him to get help before he snaps in the first place, thus saving everyone their end fates. Of course with Ghinius's underlying issues it'd still take years of therapy and hard work to get him truly "better", but I'll be darned if my silly fangirl self doesn't play around with AUs involving exactly that.

*ducks lynch mobs*
Let me show you my Pokemons!
Liking characters no one else does since 1989.
HalfDemonInuyasha

At the very least, as you said, Kycillia probably could've kept an eye on Delaz and Gato, but Delaz would probably go and perform Operation Stardust anyways given he clearly has a dislike for Kycillia as shown in the opening scenes of 0083.

It also would make you wonder on how Haman and Mineva would've turned out. Haman probably not becoming the leader of Axis and Mineva having an actual relative that would also more than likely end up conflicting with Char over her (given how protective Char obviously was on keeping her clean and not be influenced by others to be a puppet-head Zabi leader like we saw when he was pissed at Haman, so Kycillia would be a whole different level).

In the end, though, we know one would end up offing the other, but Char would probably still be the one to do so given Kycillia's own arrogance and whatnot.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
ShadowCell

Kycilia was just about as conniving and self-interested and ruthless as Gihren. she got mad, apparently, when Gihren killed her father, but she had no problem killing lots of people who weren't her father.

so perhaps the events of the Universal Century might have gone differently than they have in the animation if Kycilia survived, but that's not because Kycilia is any less ruthless and power-hungry than Gihren.

besides which, Kycilia thought she had Char under her control until the moment she saw him pointing that bazooka at her.
Android raptor

I dunno, to be honest I think Char's more arrogant than she is. Sure Char is crafty and might still off her, but I think Kishiria ultimately has a better head on her shoulders and more foresight than Char. I think she'd also be willing to suck it up and negotiate with the Federation if she had to, unlike Char, Delaz and Gato, etc.

Of course, I think her success would also depend on just how many followers she'd be able to get. The more people on her side, the more likely she'd be in successfully keeping Char, Delaz, etc in check.

As for Minerva, I think she'd try to get her to stay with her for a variety of reasons. She might abuse her for propaganda, but at the same time I can also see her keeping Minerva mostly out of the public eye and mainly focusing on keeping her away from Char and Haman. She's capable of doing questionable things, but she's not Giren. I don't think she'd be quick to stoop to abusing the image of fellow family members in the name of rallying the people (remember how thrilled she was about Giren doing that with Garma after he died. Yeeaaaah).

This is an interesting AU that I'm pretty sure someone should try to write.
Let me show you my Pokemons!
Liking characters no one else does since 1989.
schwarz ritter

Android raptor wrote:
This is an interesting AU that I'm pretty sure someone should try to write.

I could start writing as soon as I finish my other fanfics :mrgreen:
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Cipher8492

Daryl Dodge. What, don't remember him? He was the only black pilot in Gundam 00! With his maroon dreadlocks and pierced ears, he at least LOOKED black. Well, they killed him off; did a kamikaze into the Dynames and ultimately helped in Lockon I's death. I wish he could've survived because I feel like he could've added diversity to a mainly (not entirely, I haven't forgotten Setsuna's middle eastern heritage) white cast. Besides, as an African-American I feel left out from the Gundam universe! When can we get an educated, thoughtful, cool lookin black dude piloting a Gundam? I want equality!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Cipher8492 wrote:When can we get an educated, thoughtful, cool lookin black dude piloting a Gundam? I want equality!
I'd recommend watching Turn A Gundam. That's about as close as it gets.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SlowTurtle

Just wanted to thank you for keeping this thread going. What a wonderful community this is andI'm proud to be a part of it.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Cipher8492

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Cipher8492 wrote:When can we get an educated, thoughtful, cool lookin black dude piloting a Gundam? I want equality!
I'd recommend watching Turn A Gundam. That's about as close as it gets.
You've got a point. Maybe that's why I like Loran so much xD
Just wanted to thank you for keeping this thread going. What a wonderful community this is andI'm proud to be a part of it.
And no problem, broskie. Happy to be a part of it.
Mattro

Character i wished didn't or got a better death was Ali Al Saachez, his death to me was as weak and uninteresting as Haman Karn's death. A super mercenary loses to a punk lockon wanna-be. it would have been really interesting to see how/what he would have done in the trailblazer movie.

Another 00 was Regene Regetta, it would have been interesting if he would have joined Celestial Being bring a different look at the innovators and explained in greater detail of that.

In Seed i wish Uzumi Nara Athha, it would have been interesting to see how he would have dealt with the problems in Seed Destiny and how Cagalli would have changed, also how this might have changed Shinn's character as well.
Strike Zero

Now that Gundam AGE has progressed along to a significant degree, I'm going to have to throw in my girl Shanalua Mullen from the beginning of Kio's arc. She was a cool lady and her presence would have been a welcome addition to the show up until now had she remained alive. Instead, they decided to take her out early by having her die a contrived death as a result of a cliched situation whose purpose ended up being to...

Actually, now that I think about it, it didn't really end up serving ANY purpose in the long run, so, yeah. What a pile of dildos THAT was.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Strike Zero wrote:Now that Gundam AGE has progressed along to a significant degree, I'm going to have to throw in my girl Shanalua Mullen from the beginning of Kio's arc. She was a cool lady and her presence would have been a welcome addition to the show up until now had she remained alive. Instead, they decided to take her out early by having her die a contrived death as a result of a cliched situation whose purpose ended up being to...

Actually, now that I think about it, it didn't really end up serving ANY purpose in the long run, so, yeah. What a pile of dildos THAT was.
Yeah, I thought Shanalua was also cool, especially with her big sister-style role she had with Kio early on.

It feels like, ever since Kio's arc, they've been introducing new characters, sometimes out of nowhere, that they suddenly dedicate an episode to to try to gain sympathy, only to kill them off (and most were women too, strangely enough)...Shanalua, Lu, Girard/Reina Spriggan, and such.

Some had potential to be pretty interesting characters in the long-run, but they just never go anywhere. Girard'Reina just felt really out of place at the time. Personally, I think that her story would've fit much better in Asemu's arc, where the corruption of the Federation was much more in the spotlight.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Arbiter GUNDAM

Like I said before, they should have combined Shanalua and Spriggan into one character and not have had the traitor card pulled until she had the chance to shove the metaphorical knife in for maximum effect.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
bullethead

Cima Garahou is one character I definitely wish had survived, although that's mostly because her backstory that was shoved into games and managed to flesh her out as something the shows and manga have generally skipped over, a Zeon soldier screwed over by Zeon. It would've been cool to see her and her crew actually survive and wind up in the AEUG, getting the pardons they so deserve.
SlowTurtle

Yeah Cima did get the bad end of the stick in 0083, you kinda feel sorry for her.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Xenosynth

It's been a bit since I watched Gundam 0083 but... didn't Cima basically get betrayed by the Albion, and she was actively trying to work with the Earth Federation? I agree though, as manipulative as she was, honestly, I think her backstory justifies it.

Not to mention... AEUG with Gerbera Tetra. Hnnngh.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Xenosynth wrote:It's been a bit since I watched Gundam 0083 but... didn't Cima basically get betrayed by the Albion, and she was actively trying to work with the Earth Federation? I agree though, as manipulative as she was, honestly, I think her backstory justifies it.

Not to mention... AEUG with Gerbera Tetra. Hnnngh.
She and her Marines mostly became mercenaries of sorts; working for whoever paid them most. It wasn't so much the Albion as a whole that betrayed her rather than Kou himself (though, it's not like the Albion actively helped her either) given he just gave into his emotions like his anger at Lt. Burning's death at her hands before as well as indirectly causing Kelly's death at his own hands (wanting to prove himself capable of using the Val Varo, thus leading to his challenging the Gundam) since both of them were made pointless (dying at the hands of "allies" rather than "enemies").
GX9900-Gundam-X

My turn
MSG- Ryu Jose He was awesome a good pilot and I would have liked to have seen him make it to the end series as a pilot maybe been a sqaud leader in Karaba point is he was awesome and had wasted potential
Zeta- Jerid he was measuring up to be a decent fellow in my eyes I mean yeah the titans are atrocious but he really felt for his comrades and friends and late series i could see that if Kamile had left his live he may have became an all around okay guy, Also Emma because we need more badass female pilots!
0083:South Burning he deserved better
Victory: THE ENTIRE SHRIKE TEAM NO EXCEPTIONS
Destiny: Heine he would have been an awesome mentor for shinn and I feel he would have just made the experience better, also Stella mostly cause he death seemed to just be there to make me take a shot in my take a shot each time kira ruins shinns day drinking game
00- Darryl Dodge his final suicide strike made no real sense and we needed another feddie ace he would have been cool to see in action, Graham deserved a better end I just wish he would have made it out because dammit he finally stopped being a weeabo for that to happen come on man COME ON, Sergei His death just did not work at all in my opinion it just seemed left field
AGE- Woolf he was the best I think if any one coud have smacked some sense into pirate assemu it would be him also all his suits rocked and his personality kicked ass!, Shanalua Mullen like Arbiter said maybe merge her with Spriggan who I also think should have lived one of the two would have been a perfect rival to kio and his arc could come full circle much better in my thoughts
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
YazanGable

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:as well as indirectly causing Kelly's death at his own hands (wanting to prove himself capable of using the Val Varo, thus leading to his challenging the Gundam)
About this one. Maybe it's cause I've not seen 0083 in a while, but did he ever know Cima was the one Kelly made the deal with, or was that part just him lashing out out of hurt figuring "Zeon did this to him!"?
HalfDemonInuyasha

Not really explicitly said either way, but the way he was angry seemed to imply that he believed or was told about Cima's involvement at least.