Gundam Characters You wish that Survived>

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Gundam Characters You wish that Survived>

Okay, here's my list.

MSG-Um, maybe if Lalah had survived then Char wouldn't have gone off the deep end. Besides that, it would have been interesting if Kycillia Zabi had survived. Would she have rallied Zeon? Gone to Axis? Who knows...

08th MS Team-Can't think of anyone.

0080-It would have been nice if Bernie had survived. Maybe he gets captured by the Feddies and Chris and Al break him out? Nah... :)

0083-Cima Garahau all the way. If she had survived, I could see the AEUG making a deal with her. I'm pretty sure she'd want nothing to do with the Titans and would see the same things she hated in Zeon in them.

Zeta-Emma Sheen!!! In fact, I'd even have her survive into Unicorn!

ZZ-Haman. For reasons that were mentioned in a past episode of Gundamn!

CCA-Amuro, just to spite the Char fanboys.

F91-Can't think of anything.

Victory-the Shrike Team, for reasons that have been stated. Junko would be tricky since she seemed to develop some kinda deathwish. Odelo as well. And Uso's mother, 'cause she deserved some happiness with Uso, I think.

G Gundam-Can't think of anything.

Wing-Maybe if Vice Foreign Minister Darlian had survived, Relena wouldn't have had to go through her Princess phase.

Gundam X-Can't think of anyone.

Turn A-Haven't seen it yet.

SEED-I would actually like Flay to have survived so that they could go through with that supposed subplot where she would be pregnant. I wonder what that would do for Kira? :) Also, Natarle and maybe just one of the Astray girls. There could be a subplot with how that girl is dealing with the death of her friends.

Destiny-Unfortunately, I believe that all the characters who died in Destiny died for Fukuda's sins. :D :mrgreen:

00-Sergei, every damn day. :) And I don't care if you didn't like their romance, I liked Anew! And I would have liked Descartes Shaman to survive the movie so that he could go on to become the villain of a 00 OVA.

AGE-No candidates yet.

And now, even though it's not technically on topic...

Roy Focker, from SDF Macross. Because he can still fly when he's drunk. And Sharon Apple. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Mu La Flaga

@Arbiter: For AGE your not going to put Yurin out there?

Sounds surprising.
Arbiter GUNDAM

As much as I like her, her death was so well done, I find it hard to want to undo it. Now if we get to the end of the arc and there is still nothing going on with Flit and Emily, then yeah, I'll change my mind.

--Freyja Wion
SlowTurtle

Anvil Gato I Have to add to the list liked to see what chocies he would have to make in zeta gundam and beyond.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
MarshalBraginsky

As for me, here's my list so far:

MSG: I'm not sure if Lt. Matilda's character was developed rather well, because she could have been a moderating influence on Amuro.

Zeta: Four Murasame, just so Fa would be denied a chance to pair up with Kamille.

CCA: Amuro and Char, just to see if they can survive into Unicorn.

Wing: Marshal Noventa, since he could have been a moderating figure towards those guys who are leaning to OZ.

SEED: Rusty MacKenzie, just so it would be rather different as to how would he fare against Kira in the Strike. Also the Astray girls.

Destiny: Not sure as to who should survive.

00: Andrei Smirnov. He could have developed a lot more as a character if he was introduced way earlier and if his character was more developed. Of course, I'm not sure how Andrei could act less like a douche a more like a Heine-like figure. Same thing goes to Joshua Edwards, the guy who bore a grudge towards Graham, as well as Kinue, who should have played a bigger role before she dies.
Last edited by MarshalBraginsky on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
teslashark

to Arbiter:
For F91 I think Birgit and Annamarie could at least survive to Crossbone. They are generally good people and have above average fighting skills.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Arbiter GUNDAM

I don't even remember who those people are.

--Freyja Wion
teslashark

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I don't even remember who those people are.
“The length of F91 made second-line characters third-line.”
--Anonymous
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Birgit_Pirjo
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Annamarie_Bourget
The pilot of Heavygun and the defector from CV.
teslashark

I found a quote from a British war novel interesting.
"Of all the soldiers, the ones who'd been called 'your highness', ones who really loved life, had all died."
--"JD", Active Foreign Service
Mu La Flaga

I have 2 new entries I forgot somehow.

0083: Captain Synpase and South Burning.
Dean_the_Young

I'll throw my hat in the ring for a few unconventional picks.

In Zeta Gundam, I think if Jerid had not died it would have added some delicious pathos to him, especially if he were crippled rather than Kamille's senile. Besides the parallels between him and Kamille that held for much of the story, I can't think of a worse fate for someone who believed so much in personal power and ability than to live as a parasite to society. Given all the friends and loved ones he lost, and the destruction of his ambitions with the Titans, and his survival may well have been worse than death for him.

In 00 Gundam, the death of Graham. Because really, Mr. Bushido was both stupid and pretty much absent, and I loved Graham's quirkiness in S1. I'm not sure how it would have been best done, but I would have liked to see a little more Graham and a little less joke-threat.

Also in 00, Kinue Crossroad. I realize she served her role, and her death helped to isolate Saji even more, but she was cool. Maybe if she had been dragooned into Celestial Being's services, possibly via threatening Saji. Funny thing: back during the showing, I had half-suspected that the Crossroad's father had died because of Celestial Being as well.

In Destiny, the death of the death of Kira. :lol:

In 0080, Bernie's death hit hard. Which makes it good and very bitter-sweet. But I've always enjoyed one particular fanfic I read in which 'Bernie survived', and mused how he might have been been able to solve the crisis by publicly exposing the Gundam and then surrendering in public, like in front of a news station or something.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
HellCat

Whilst I've grown to appreciate Lyle, there's always that feeling that he's just a replacement for Neil. They're both very different men and I respect Lyle's journey to try and step out of his brother's shadow but I tend to feel Neil was the superior Lockon. Not helped by the fact season 2 and the movie keep bringing back his 'ghost' just to repeat his dieing wish to Setsuna like a guy trapped in a old tape recording.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Dark Duel

Yeah, that was a bit annoying. Not quite as annoying as Seed Destiny flashing back to Uzumi Nara Athha dying every few minutes (or so it seemed...I swear, that guy got more screentime post-mortem than when he was alive, and he wasn't even a particularly interesting character either), but still annoying.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wellman

Emma Sheen from Zeta
Half the Shrike Team at least and Odelo from V Gundam
Trieze from Wing
Sergei Smirnov and Anew from Gundam 00
Arbiter GUNDAM

Mu La Flaga wrote:I have 2 new entries I forgot somehow.

0083: Captain Synpase and South Burning.
Can't believe I forgot about good 'ole Capt. Synapse, the dude who got the BIGGEST SHAFT in all of UC.

--Freyja Wion
teslashark

Dean_the_Young wrote:I'll throw my hat in the ring for a few unconventional picks.

In Zeta Gundam, I think if Jerid had not died it would have added some delicious pathos to him, especially if he were crippled rather than Kamille's senile. Besides the parallels between him and Kamille that held for much of the story, I can't think of a worse fate for someone who believed so much in personal power and ability than to live as a parasite to society. Given all the friends and loved ones he lost, and the destruction of his ambitions with the Titans, and his survival may well have been worse than death for him.

In 00 Gundam, the death of Graham. Because really, Mr. Bushido was both stupid and pretty much absent, and I loved Graham's quirkiness in S1. I'm not sure how it would have been best done, but I would have liked to see a little more Graham and a little less joke-threat.

Also in 00, Kinue Crossroad. I realize she served her role, and her death helped to isolate Saji even more, but she was cool. Maybe if she had been dragooned into Celestial Being's services, possibly via threatening Saji. Funny thing: back during the showing, I had half-suspected that the Crossroad's father had died because of Celestial Being as well.

In Destiny, the death of the death of Kira. :lol:

In 0080, Bernie's death hit hard. Which makes it good and very bitter-sweet. But I've always enjoyed one particular fanfic I read in which 'Bernie survived', and mused how he might have been been able to solve the crisis by publicly exposing the Gundam and then surrendering in public, like in front of a news station or something.
According to some info about a ZZ-less CCA storyline, Jerid is supposed to survive Z, and Kamille is supposed to be brainwashed by Char. Can you picture a Mr. Bushido-like Kamille?
ShadowCell

according to what info?

also um yo guys it would be nice if you'd like explain why it is you wanted so-and-so to survive instead of just listing characters, 'cuz otherwise this thread is worthless.
HellCat

In regards to Synapse, what really gets me is the complete lack of a reaction from the Albion crew. It's like "Hey, we just fought a conspiracy at the heart of our own government and as a result our captain was killed. But oooh, fancy new uniforms! Let's all get on board with that!"

I choose to believe they were all unknowingly killed by Kamille during Zeta.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
teslashark

ShadowCell wrote:according to what info?

also um yo guys it would be nice if you'd like explain why it is you wanted so-and-so to survive instead of just listing characters, 'cuz otherwise this thread is worthless.
Quite the same with the thread of people we're glad they died... Waiting for your thoughts, Shadow - every thread is better with a piece of your mind(also related to length).
Ceiling_Squid

SlowTurtle wrote:Anvil Gato I Have to add to the list liked to see what chocies he would have to make in zeta gundam and beyond.
I dunno, I think Anavel Gato's death was appropriate. He was a shining example of the OYW Zeon, a model soldier for a hardline Ghiren-loyalist like Delaz. He and his boss were bound to burn bright and then burn out like the fanatics they were. Them both dying off was a perfect segway from the Zeon of old to the Axis/Neo Zeon of Zeta and ZZ.

Gato and Delaz were pretty much the last, grand, dying gasp of old Zeon. Unless you count the remnants on Earth, but those groups didn't do anything as sweeping in scale as what Delaz achieved. Unless they were being used as pawns by the Neo Zeon movements.

While it might have been interesting to see how Gato would have dealt with the events of Z and ZZ, something tells me he'd be extremely out-of-place. There are grey areas there, especially in the way Haman ran things, which might have left him adrift and irrelevant.

I tend to think that Gato did what he set out to do, and him dying was a good ending for 0083. It was thematically appropriate.