Gundam Characters You wish that Survived>

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Gundam Characters You wish that Survived>

Spoiler
Thou wert a boss, Wuulf Enneacle. Therefore I do wish that he had survived to marry Millais (even though it didn't seem like they really had that kind of relationship.) and and be a butt-kicking sempai. Bright Noa might forge Men of Destiny but Wuulf trains SUPAH PILOTO!!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wellman

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Spoiler
Thou wert a boss, Wuulf Enneacle. Therefore I do wish that he had survived to marry Millais (even though it didn't seem like they really had that kind of relationship.) and and be a butt-kicking sempai. Bright Noa might forge Men of Destiny but Wuulf trains SUPAH PILOTO!!

I agree with this statement.
DAG101

Four Murasame. Of course, the reason I want her to live is the same reason that made her death have so much impact--because I so desperately wanted her and Kamille to be able to stay together, and for Four to be able to recover her memories.

Nena Trinity, also. Yeah, she was a psychotic, evil bitch, but when you think about it--that the Trinity's and their Thrones existed ONLY to be targets for the world's militaries to combine their forces against--well, she was basically built to die. And after her brothers get killed, she pretty much becomes entirely obsessed with revenge. And after she gets revenge for her family...Louise shows up to get revenge for her family. And THAT scene made me cry pretty hard--I was BEGGING Setsuna to show up and do the Trans-Am Raiser make-everyone-telepathic thing so the two would talk and see that they're pretty much the same. And then when Louise killed Nena...and then broke down after realizing that her revenge had solved NOTHING--she was still utterly alone and broken.

Sergei Smirnov. Especially since it happened AFTER the day had been saved by all these conflicting forces banding together to stop the falling debris...ESPECIALLY since Andrei realized later on that it was HIS fault as well that their relationship had fallen apart so horribly...at least Andrei afterward ended up devoting himself to his father's ideals of soldiers protecting people.
MarshalBraginsky

Except Andrei kinda redeemed himself by actually sacrificing himself to blow up the ELS ship that was heading for Earth.
Arbiter GUNDAM

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Except Andrei kinda redeemed himself by actually sacrificing himself to blow up the ELS ship that was heading for Earth.
No way, good riddance to the smegger. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
HalfDemonInuyasha

Spoiler
I wish Desil survived just so Flit could've killed him in an epic way and avenge our sweet Yurin!! :mrgreen:
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
DAG101

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Except Andrei kinda redeemed himself by actually sacrificing himself to blow up the ELS ship that was heading for Earth.
IMO, all the suicidal attacks in the movie were kinda unnecessary. Especially after a series that made a great deal of emotional impact (for me, at least) with a fairly low death toll--it ranked up there, in terms of emotional impact, with Zeta, which killed off quite a few named characters.

So yeah, guess I wish Teiaria, Andrei, Graham, and Patrick (though I think Patrick survived, if only because Colleseur the Cockroach can't be killed :lol: ) simply because I think those deaths in the movie were kinda rushed, and didn't seem to hold a whole lot of emotional impact.
MarshalBraginsky

Graham's death probably had the biggest impact because without the kamikaze attack on the ELS ship, Setsuna wouldn't be able to enter said ship and use the Quantum Burst inside. Tieria is probably an immortal character, since he came back in the movie with a new body after his other body was shot in the head by Ribbons. Patrick did survive, he tumbled out of the GN-XIV after Setsuna's beam shot destroyed the ELS that was about to assimilate his suit.
Cipher8492

Haman Karn, definitely. Sure she was a cold-blooded, mercililess killer, but under all that she had the heart of a 14 year-old girl. I mean, she had her death coming, but I would've loved to see her and Judau's relationship become more than enemies. That...and the fact that i have a major a crush on her :3
MarshalBraginsky

Haman had a weird obsession with Judau, to be honest. The fact that she asked him to join her movement was creepy enough, and there probably was the part where she shot Leina Ashta by mistake.
Cipher8492

I think she was obsessed with Judau mainly because she saw so much of herself in her. She never really got to have a childhood because Axis needed a leader, and she pretty much was forced into the job and had to abandon her good personality for a dark, evil one, and that corrupted her. Had Haman joined Judau or vice versa, Judau may have been able to reach out to that good part of her. But alas, we will never know because she's dead :P
zerogradius

I think Haman was attracted by Judau's newtype powers, and not his character. I don't think she ever really cared to get to know him at first, she just wanted his power on her side, like she did to Mashymyre. I don't think she ever truly understood him until their climatic battle. It's a shame that she ended her own life in the end.
MarshalBraginsky

Would have been a good ZZ show if the plot was changed so that Judau and Haman could understand each other and (I hope no one screams at me for this) possibly hook up like Shiro and Aina did at the end of 08th MS Team.
farjad93

One character I really wished had survived was Kinue Crossroad from Gundam 00. She was one of my favorite characters from Season 1 and the way she died was pretty sad. It was also easily avoidable.
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
Compass

Killing Kinue off really made no sense for me :/ It didn't define Saji at all. He'd be idealistic regardless of whether she bit it.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
zerogradius

Compass wrote:Killing Kinue off really made no sense for me :/ It didn't define Saji at all. He'd be idealistic regardless of whether she bit it.
It wasn't until Kinue died that Saji really began to hate Celestial Being, so it was an understandable plot point. The only problem I had was that the mystery of her death was never resolved for him and he never found out who killed her.
ShadowCell

he already had plenty of reason to hate Celestial Being for what they did to Louise (and he would've been right, too, because it was Celestial Being that actually did it) so Kinue's death was still superfluous
Mu La Flaga

The thing with Kinnue is, I got the impression the way it happened probably looked like CB were responsible for it.
Despite the fact it was Ali Al Sachez'es handy work in the end.
After he had sorted out Laguna Harvey.
Dark Duel

DAG101 wrote:Four Murasame. Of course, the reason I want her to live is the same reason that made her death have so much impact--because I so desperately wanted her and Kamille to be able to stay together, and for Four to be able to recover her memories.
I wholeheartedly concur. I personally felt that Four's sacrifice during the Kilimanjaro arc was much better handled and had much more emotional impact than the somewhat comparable scene in which, in the original series, Lalah Sune ended up dying to stop Amuro killing Char, because Four IMO was a much better and more interesting character, and the relationship between her and Kamille was - again IMO - so much better developed than the relationship(such as it is) between Lalah, Amuro, and Char.

I may be a little biased, but I really wish Stella in GSD had survived for similar reasons.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HalfDemonInuyasha

Only real difference I tend to see between Amuro/Lalah and Kamille/Four is that Kamille spends more personal time with Four outside of MS while Amuro only really meets Lalah more in passing and the rest of their encounters are either through their minds or, as we know, in combat, so their "relationship" was a bit weird, especially when you throw Char into the mix. With Kamille and Four, it was just them and no one else, so it was a lot simpler.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet