Bleach is offically ending!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SlowTurtle

Re: Bleach is offically ending!

Agree with arbiter should have ended with Aizen's defeat but I guess I'll have to play catch up an see whats up.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Destiny_Gundam

Aizen's defeat was a great place to end it, yeah. However it's because of that that I liked the fullbring arc. I had no idea where the story would go from there so I looked forward to it every week to see the direction it took. Though in the end the arc was pretty short and I didn't feel it added much but it could be expanded upon in the final arc.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Deacon Blues

This is one of those shows that should have ended back at the 50 episode mark or so :lol:
Destiny_Gundam

First chapter of the new arc is out. From the hints dropped it looks like it'll involve
Spoiler
a war against the Quncies. I guess there were a lot more left over than just Uryu and Ryuken.
JulieYBM

Bleach isn't going to end any time soon. While Kubo confirmed it was the final arc on Twitter he also said that that did not mean the series was going to end. Considering the number of things he still wants to cover, not to mention the number of characters he wants to use (the Shinigami, the Arrancar, Squad Zero) there's still a good half decade left in the series.
She/Her
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Exactly...half a decade...five years. How many times do I have to say that Bleach still has time left? This arc is most likely going to be a long one. Equal to that of the Arrancar arc...if not longer. It really is all in the opening post.

Bleach isn't going to end tomorrow obviously, but I said was that it's days were numbered.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Wellman

The problem with Bleach is that since the Soul society entered the scene, it pretty much was all about the fights and the story is secondary.

So in many ways it is very much like DBZ but without the characters to drive it and its creator had a habit of just creating a bunch of new characters on the fly for arcs that just hung around or did nothing.

It is good that Bleach is ending, but given all that has come before, this final arc is probably going to take at minimum 18 months and still be your usual action nonsense where characters pair off into fights.
Overlord Zaru

All I can say is good. Bleach is ending. Bleach had alot of promise, and was great during the SS arc, but it just become a slow decline...until he just dropped during the Karakura Invasion with Kubo overhyping the Espadas and having them flail about terribly against the captains and of course, the trolling:

Yammy being the 0 Espada and losing to Byakuya and Kenpachi, both captains had diffilculty against the 7th and 5th Espada's respectively.

Hitsugaya not dying from Halibel's first strike. That was a blantant move to keep Kubo's other big cashcow, his Hitsu-fangirls.

Aizen. He is so god damn overpowered and has little to any depth as a villain. And his illusions hax and Hogyoku was just pure crap, especially him surviving against Gin.

Kubo had plenty of opprotunities to turn Bleach good, like Hitsugaya's death, top 3 Espada being gods of war, and Aizen dying by Gin's hand. Gin would have been an epic final boss against Ichigo.

Bleach isn't as bad as Naruto, but Naruto is like the Titanic, you just wanna see it sink. Bleach is like seeing cattle getting slaughtered.

I heard Kubo whined a lot and didn't want his Editors to do anything.

Good riddance.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Amion

I disagree that it should have ended with Aizen. Personally, I think Kubo is doing it right and ending Bleach at the right point in time. How it will end is a different matter....

Why are we discussing Fairy Tale here? Well, I guess it it is a good anime, although it's far too light-hearted for my personal tastes. The recent anime arc was good, but I need more death to keep my interest. That said, I just don't think it can make it as the next number one.

With two of the Big Three ending soon, I wonder if a completely new manga will rise, aside from the others already in print, perhaps something refreshing is in order.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Overlord Zaru

Amion wrote:I disagree that it should have ended with Aizen. Personally, I think Kubo is doing it right and ending Bleach at the right point in time. How it will end is a different matter....

Why are we discussing Fairy Tale here? Well, I guess it it is a good anime, although it's far too light-hearted for my personal tastes. The recent anime arc was good, but I need more death to keep my interest. That said, I just don't think it can make it as the next number one.

With two of the Big Three ending soon, I wonder if a completely new manga will rise, aside from the others already in print, perhaps something refreshing is in order.
In order.

Agreed with ending with Aizen, but Kubo left too many things out unfortunately.

As for Fairy Tail, it does some original stuff, but it doesn't try anything TOO original to have it that it doesn't fall flat on it's face(Mashima stated that he loves heros overcoming near impossible odds, hence the Nakama Punches), like what Bleach and Naruto did.

As for a new Big Three, Toriko is rising in popularity, and Negima is ending soon too. Hunter x Hunter is back from hiatus, and unfortunately D.Gray-Man is going back to hiatus soon.

So along with One Piece and Toriko, the 3rd spot is up for grabs.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Destiny_Gundam

Negima doesn't run in Shonen Jump and D.Gray-man runs in Jump Square.

Not too sure about Toriko's popularity, but the big three have been Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece for awhile.
Ray Garraty

Well...its about time.

To be perfectly honest, Bleach started to suck in the middle of the final fight between Ichigo and Ulquiorra. That fight, to me, is where the series jumped the shark and started to go irreversibly downhill. I was expecting a truly desperate battle on Ichigo's part whenever Ulquiorra released his sword, and given the utter curbstomping he'd given Ichigo earlier, I was not expecting the Strawberry to win. IIRC, the fandom was generally divided into the, "Someone's going to have to rescue Ichigo, and I hope its Unohana" camp, or the "He'll pull more ZOMGWTFBBQ superpowers out of his ass". And, unfortunately, we got the latter. Not that the second Hollow form wasn't awesome (because it was), but the fact that it just happened, then was never brought up again, ruined it for me.

The series steadily got worse after that point, culminating in the pitiful excuse for a story arc we just went through with Xcution. I really had high hopes for the Fullbring arc...and they were all dashed. So, in short, I'm glad Bleach is ending, because that means it won't become even more of a shadow of its former self. Here's hoping that Kubo manages to redeem some of the disillusioned members of the fanbase with this last arc.
Destiny_Gundam

Actually the part of the Full Bring Arc where all of Ichigo's loved ones had their memories tampered with was really good. But yeah, in the end it was surprisingly brief.

Anyways, I was right about the final arc:
Spoiler
it's going to be a war against the Quincy.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Quincies supposed to be extinct except for Ishida and his old man?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Sume Gai

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Quincies supposed to be extinct except for Ishida and his old man?
A Shonen altering established Cannon for dramatic convenience! What's the world coming to!? Will no one think of the children!?
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Destiny_Gundam

Qunices are humans, yes? And where do humans go when they die? That's right: Soul Society. Now the question is what they've been doing there and how they've avoided detection.
Destiny_Gundam

Looks like the anime is ending prematurely:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... n-march-27
Doctord

So its ending after the Fullbring arc then? Wanted to see it hold on further in.
" Or you could go the G Gundam route and have MS shaped like fish and windmills. Plus old men taking down MS with towels."

Char Aznable touching your butt is like the Gundam version of being knighted!
Overlord Zaru

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Looks like the anime is ending prematurely:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... n-march-27
Which means that the final arc may get either a movie or an OVA release. Hopefully the latter.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

You know, I understand if this is happening because if Bleach isn't bringing in the ratings anymore...but then again, the manga still sells VERY well worldwide.

I really feel bad for the hardcore Bleach fans now...regardless if you loved it or hated it...any anime series that is just being cancelled without the real ending (god forbid we get a filler ending) kind of sucks.

I do understand, yet at the same time, those fans who have been with the series since day 1 (I sure as hell haven't...I do like the series though), I feel for them. :( This seems kind of like a middle finger from the company. At the very least they should announce that they are going to do a OVA or movie...or something after this. Not just leave the fans hanging. Who knows though? This did just happen...so who knows what the hell if going to happen?

I will be keeping me eyes open for the next few weeks.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020