Bleach is offically ending!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: Bleach is offically ending!

Ok well this chapter was good. I had to laugh at the weird yarn woman. Strangely I expected her abilities to be something else, and I guess we get more conformation on what she can do later.

So, Ichigo and the others are are going to have to say goodby? How what does that mean, I wonder?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

The plot thickens! I always love it when Bleach slows down and we get to see some character interactions.

I agree Amion, I wonder what all that was about? A lot of people seem to think that Ichigo might actually join the Soul Society in one form or another...but we will see.

Furthermore, does anyone else think that Ichigo's sister's might have a bigger role to play? I mean, isn't it possible that THEY are hollow/quincy/soul reaper/fullbringer's too? I am surprised that no one has tried to awaken their powers. It has been established that Yuzu has no spirit awareness at all...but Karin does. I wonder if Bach might exploit this...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

Surely they must both have some form of potential. But who can say. With Bleach we may suddenly get a chapter dedicated to them being kidnapped. Or have Urahura or someone walk up to Ichigo and say as much. Or we could nothing at all.

I'm very much wanting to see Ichigo, Kempachi, and the adorable fluffy dog captain. (Like I can remember his name :mrgreen: ) Love fluffy animals.. :oops: Zaraki's bankai is hopefully going to be the Gashadokuro that most people absolutely believe it is. It would be cool, and potentially worth losing Unohana before she gets to show more of her abilities.

But most likely we'll get more of the other captains first, then probably Urahura's group. So long as we get more of Bach I'm happy.
JulieYBM

Bleach is now taking a five week break so Kubo can rest up and work on the upcoming final battles. :(

What a cliffhanger to leaves us on, too. In nine days Yhwach will make his move. We're now sixty-six chapters ahead of where the Bleach cartoon left off. This might actually work as a twenty-six episode season if Pierrot wanted to adapt these chapters.
She/Her
Soma Taozi

As long as these 5 weeks are going to be...I have to admit that I am kind of excited. 5 Weeks to plan a final battle? That is amazing! I am expecting a lot to go down...and I seriously doubt everyone is going to make it through to the end.
JacobYBM wrote:
What a cliffhanger to leaves us on, too. In nine days Yhwach will make his move. We're now sixty-six chapters ahead of where the Bleach cartoon left off. This might actually work as a twenty-six episode season if Pierrot wanted to adapt these chapters.
You may be right about that...however I expect this final battle to be very LONG. The reason being is that from previous experience, Kubo's final battles often take months...if not years. For all we know, we may be wrapping up the battle this time in 2014. Remember the arrancar arc? The final battle officially started when Ichigo started fighting Grimmjaw for the last time. Think of how much happened after that...

Furthermore, there is still a lot of mysteries in bleach that need explaining...mostly just stuff with the Soul King and Zero squad. That and Uryu needs to confront his friends...chances are Aizen might escape, more bankia's will be shown, ect, ect, ect. Since the arrival of the Zero Squad Kubo has been setting a lot up...here's hoping it all pays off handsomely. :)

My point? Just because we are approching the final battle doesn't mean bleach is anywhere NEAR being done. Yes we are close, but I think we still have at least another 60 chapters to go.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

Soma Taozi wrote:As long as these 5 weeks are going to be...I have to admit that I am kind of excited. 5 Weeks to plan a final battle? That is amazing! I am expecting a lot to go down...and I seriously doubt everyone is going to make it through to the end.
JacobYBM wrote:
You may be right about that...however I expect this final battle to be very LONG. The reason being is that from previous experience, Kubo's final battles often take months...if not years. For all we know, we may be wrapping up the battle this time in 2014. Remember the arrancar arc? The final battle officially started when Ichigo started fighting Grimmjaw for the last time. Think of how much happened after that...

Furthermore, there is still a lot of mysteries in bleach that need explaining...mostly just stuff with the Soul King and Zero squad. That and Uryu needs to confront his friends...chances are Aizen might escape, more bankia's will be shown, ect, ect, ect. Since the arrival of the Zero Squad Kubo has been setting a lot up...here's hoping it all pays off handsomely. :)

My point? Just because we are approching the final battle doesn't mean bleach is anywhere NEAR being done. Yes we are close, but I think we still have at least another 60 chapters to go.
So long as he doesn't suddenly suffer from writer's exhaustion (hence the five weeks of rest and preparation) I'm cool with this. I expect some epic violence on a massive scale. And kudos to Bach for just materializing his fortress right in Soul Society and scaring the heck out of people while finishing the little motif about his conquest of the world in nine days. 8)

Of course, we all should know by now that Aizen will escape, say that he was fully aware of Bach's intentions and used it as part of his plan (all part of the plan as usual) should he somehow fail initially reach the Soul King. Soul King dies, Aizen saves everyone and becomes new Soul King, tells Ichigo this was how it was supposed to go and that's the end. Don't tell me something like that won't happen. :)
JulieYBM

Oh yeah, I completely expect this arc won't actually end for another ten years if Kubo gets his way, which he likely will.
She/Her
Soma Taozi

AAAAANNNNDDDD 7 (?) weeks and 2 chapters later and the final battle has officially begun! And we get to see some teamwork and some development in Hitsuguya. The loner who would always do things himself and push everyone away is actually accepting (no, NEEDING) help.

I would dare say his 'icey' exterior has cracked a little...or in terms of the last chapter, melted. Wordplay!

But seriously, the final battle has started off at a good pace and I am excited for more to come.

Besides, I just wanted to bring this thread back up.

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

Soma Taozi wrote:AAAAANNNNDDDD 7 (?) weeks and 2 chapters later and the final battle has officially begun! And we get to see some teamwork and some development in Hitsuguya. The loner who would always do things himself and push everyone away is actually accepting (no, NEEDING) help.

I would dare say his 'icey' exterior has cracked a little...or in terms of the last chapter, melted. Wordplay!

But seriously, the final battle has started off at a good pace and I am excited for more to come.

Besides, I just wanted to bring this thread back up.
I was waiting for just such a course of action, Soma!

This latest chapter was really good for me, it did accomplish a lot. I love the idea of the Wandenreich, (is that it? Goodness these names, and here I dare say I'm of German decent of all things) how hilarious it was for all of them to be like, "yeah, we were here aaaaallll along." It makes me wonder what they had to think about Ishida fighting there earlier. Hmmm.

Now that we know that Mastumoto was in line to actually replace Isshin as captain, I think it's about time she learned Bankai. Not that the teamwork is bad, I'm loving it for one. About time we saw some captains in the 13 actually working in unison to even odds and use their heads to form proper strategies.

Anyone else waiting for something not so good about the Soul King (I call him the Chrysalis King m'self considering what he looks like) and Aizen to pop up and say this was all in his projected scheme of things? Surely he's not just going to patiently wait out his sentence. What point is there? He's immortal and they're not going to give him an eternal punishment, so with time irrelevent why not just tear his way out and continue with the inevitable next phase. After all, he's got all the quiet time he needs to plan...and that makes him very scary now, actually.

Anyone here think Mayuri's costume (while effective) is ridiculous?
Soma Taozi

Actually (and I could be wrong here since it has never really been said out loud) but I don't think Mastumoto is strong enough to be at captain level. The reason comes from me watching dubbed episodes of bleach. There is a scene in the final episodes of the Arrancar Arc where it is revealed why Gin betrayed Aizen. His reasoning was that Aizen's men "took something" from Ranginku.

It was shown that Aizen gives whatever was taken to the hogyoku...and we know his men were ordered to take spirit energy from citizens of the Runcon District....my point is that Mastumoto probably should have been a child protegee like Gin and should have already been at a Captain's level...but because of Aizen it is entirely possible she has already reached her full potential. After all, she has never been shown to be that strong...even among the Lieutenants.

That being said, there was a scene where Mastumoto was watching Hitsuguya train at the end of the Arrancar Arc...so did she start to train as well, motivated by the loss of Gin to finally reach bankai?

In fact, we could be getting to a scene where her motivations are going to be explained straight-forwardly. But until then, I will continue to think of Ranginku as someone who reached or is close to their limit. Strong enough to be a lieutenant, but that's about it.

However, this is all conjecture on my part. We will see I guess!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

:x I forgot about that. So that was Ranginku after all? For some strange reason I never could tell for sure. My understanding was (due to bad subtitles I'll wager) that he was actually feeding entire souls to the Hogyoku and that the victim died as a result. So you could be right and my complaints are invalid.

In any event, this week's chapter had some tense moments. And it looks like even the B level enemies are perfectly capable of facing captains at base level. They just get back up. :D Not that this is really new, but the question now is how many hidden trump cards the captains have to throw back against enemies who literally gain energy just standing there! Oh, and Siu Feng is back, I always rather liked her. Omaeda was pretty good this time around to. Although I wish someone would just off him still. His sister is better off without him.
Amion

So it begins. I was wondering why the Quincy weren't using their Bludt or whatever. Them German names, I can't keep 'em straight yet. :) Regardless I'm pumped for next week, as things are starting to get real.