Bleach is offically ending!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: Bleach is offically ending!

I didn't really hate Byakuya as a character, but neither did I like him that much. Same goes for most of the captains, except Zaraki. What I want is what we are apparently getting, a battle where the enemies who are stated as being equal if not more powerful, actually behave as such. And the subsequent deaths of a few people in consequence to this.

On another note, I really wanted to see the bankai of those captains who have yet to show it. But with the whole, "you cannot use Bankai or the Vandenreich will kill you" bit I doubt I shall get my wish.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
JulieYBM

Amion wrote:I didn't really hate Byakuya as a character, but neither did I like him that much. Same goes for most of the captains, except Zaraki. What I want is what we are apparently getting, a battle where the enemies who are stated as being equal if not more powerful, actually behave as such. And the subsequent deaths of a few people in consequence to this.

On another note, I really wanted to see the bankai of those captains who have yet to show it. But with the whole, "you cannot use Bankai or the Vandenreich will kill you" bit I doubt I shall get my wish.
Kubo outright said those Bankai will be seen, specifically Unohana's.
She/Her
Amion

JacobYBM wrote: Kubo outright said those Bankai will be seen, specifically Unohana's.
Well that's good news :D

Chapter 503 up. Comments anyone?

Kempachi is once again a beast, other than that, I don't know what is really in this chapter worth mentioning.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Well I think Yamamoto is about to face Sasakiba's bankai, given how the Quincy was about to kill Shuhei with a VERY similar spear like weapon that impaled Sasakiba...so that is one bankai we are going to see now.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

Ooh, I didn't know that was Sasakiba's bankai :D Of course, I doubt Yamamoto will have trouble winning.
JulieYBM

Well, I read chapter #504. Yama-jii gets a little sweet revenge and we see a flashback to a younger version of him and Sasakibe. I was hoping for a dramatic close-up with Yama-jii shedding a single tear, but I suppose there's still time for that. :P
She/Her
Amion

From reading 504, I'm getting the feeling my suspicions are going to be confirmed, and that the Sternritters' bankai is inferior to the original, which may meen in actually copies it, rather than steals it. Come to think of it, during the only episode I ever watched of the Bount filler arc, Ichigo says something about how a bankai cannot be removed once a shinigami has mastered it, because it is part of who they are.

To bad Byakuya went up against the guy who causes people to become numb with terror. Azd Note or Whatevery his name is better not get killed off so easily like the Overkill guy. Though I guess going up against Yamamoto was a hopeless anyway. :P
Destiny_Gundam

Consider that the Quincy may steal the bankais, but that doesn't mean they've mastered their use.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Amion

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Consider that the Quincy may steal the bankais, but that doesn't mean they've mastered their use.
Yep, I thought of that.

The other possibility is that the bankai power wears off. But considering the lack of evidence for this, it's just conjecture.
Destiny_Gundam

There goes another one. Damn it Kubo, you've been listening to Queen, haven't you?
Soma Taozi

I have no words, Kubo is pulling out ALL the stops. I am speechless. One of the best and most shocking chapters I have ever read.

Crazy....what is going on?

Oh and Zero Squad is going to show up?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

I take it back. When I saw Yamamoto's Bankai, I thought it would be underwhelming. My foot went so far down my mouth I joked. Good grief that was beyond epic. So no wonder Aizen needed Wonderwiess to seal away Yamamoto's flames, even he would have been dead.

And so rest in peace, First Squat Captain. I am now in awe and fear of Juha Bahch. More so than I was Aizen by far. I guess next week means the Zero squad, as you said Soma.

I really, really hope Bleach fans are enjoying the Holy War saga, and aren't trolling Kubo to death like the Naruto fanbase is doing to poor, poor plothole-filling Kishi. I was appalled at how fans could complain so much about a great series simply because they have no answers to things yet.
Red Comet90

I just recently caught up with Bleach and I am amazed at what has happened. This is how the Arrancar arc should have been. People are actually being killed off or at the very least only the old man has been killed off so far. He had one of the most creative Bankais in the entire manga.

Here's hoping that the trend continues with Bleach and the plot keeps getting better. This arc has been miles above what Bleach has been for the past few years in my opinion.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Soma Taozi

^^ I agree, although don't forget that Sasikibe was also killed off...and we still don't know the status of Kira. And Byakuya might still die...although he might get a better death so people aren't so pissed about it...like imparting some last words to Renji or Rukia (or both). Just so he can die in Rukia's arms or something like that.

After all he did state he doesn't have much time left...so it may be too late for him.

We will see! But yeah, Bleach has been amazing! I hope Kubo can keep this trend up, because right now he is blowing the Arrancar and Fullbring arc, out of the water. I would even say this has been on par with the Rescue Rukia arc (if not better).

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

Soma Taozi wrote:^^ I agree, although don't forget that Sasikibe was also killed off...and we still don't know the status of Kira. And Byakuya might still die...although he might get a better death so people aren't so pissed about it...like imparting some last words to Renji or Rukia (or both). Just so he can die in Rukia's arms or something like that.

After all he did state he doesn't have much time left...so it may be too late for him.

We will see! But yeah, Bleach has been amazing! I hope Kubo can keep this trend up, because right now he is blowing the Arrancar and Fullbring arc, out of the water. I would even say this has been on par with the Rescue Rukia arc (if not better).

Well, the latest chapter was a waste, Ichigo coming to save the day, again, wasn't what I hoped for. No squad zero yet? I guess that happens next week, if Ichigo doesn't tear the enemy apart, which he might still do.
Soma Taozi

I don't see why people were expecting the Zero Squad to show up...obviously it was Ichigo arriving...I mean, he was set up for this fight perfectly. And don't worry, I am sure we will see the Zero Squad soon. It just might be a while.

Besides I am interested to see how Ichigo will take on Juha, I mean, he wiped the floor with Yamamoto...so I really don't see Ichigo doing all that well.

-Me, 7/19/2020
SlowTurtle

Watch they'll kill off Ichigo before Zero Squad arrives.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
JulieYBM

Ichigo will likely have his ass handed to him before Zero Squad shows up, Bach and friends retreat, and then the surviving Shinigami go through some growing pains as Zero Squad inevitably annoys our heroes with their attitudes and practices. We might see some training, too, but I suspect Ichigo and friends and/or Zero Squad will send a team to attack Bach's ice fortress.
She/Her
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of the same thing.
Red Comet90

JacobYBM wrote:Ichigo will likely have his ass handed to him before Zero Squad shows up, Bach and friends retreat, and then the surviving Shinigami go through some growing pains as Zero Squad inevitably annoys our heroes with their attitudes and practices. We might see some training, too, but I suspect Ichigo and friends and/or Zero Squad will send a team to attack Bach's ice fortress.
I really do hope that this isn't what happens. If it does I'm going to be so disappointed because it'll just follow the same cut and paste story that we've seen now how many times?
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn