Layzner questions...

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
TakaTahuNuva

Layzner questions...

Just finished watching the OVA compilation episodes of SPT Layzner.

In case you haven't seen it - highly-recommended stuff! Very reminiscent of other 80s Takahashi shows such as Galient and VOTOMs, so if you liked those, check this out. Keep in mind that the first OVA covers 24 episodes in 55 minutes, so it can get confusing without having any previous knowledge about the show.

Anyway just some plot points I'm confused about. I haven't seen all of the main TV show yet, so it's possible these are explained there.

(obviously full spoilers ahead, don't read if you haven't seen any Layzner yet)

1) Where did Julia get that amulet from? If it's from her and Eiji's mother, why did she have an ancient key made 40,000 years ago?

2) What did the Seal of Grados do, exactly? They said something about "distorting the space around Earth"... does that mean that if a spaceship is traveling from Grados to Earth it'll... what exactly? Go around the solar system and get lost?

3) While we're on the subject, what happens with all the thousands of Gradosian soldiers going around spouting racist remarks back on Earth? Are they stuck there for good?

4) Roanne was a pretty determined son of a bitch after the time-skip... what triggered his change of heart in the last episode? Or was he a spy from the get-go like Arthur thought? The gang seemed to welcome him with open arms in the closing scenes, even though he tried to kill them a couple of times...

5) I don't get Le Cain towards the end. He was pretty consistent with his "kill-all-humans" attitude right up until he discovered the connection and killed daddy. And then he goes and promotes Roanne, a human who was working against them up until three years ago, second-in-command? What's the deal?

Thanks in advance guys~
ohhhh snap
GX9900-Gundam-X

Re: Layzner questions...

1.)this is just a thought but I think she got it at the ruins were she may have learned the truth in general I mean only Gresco and Phouron seemed to have the secret up till them so maybe there?
2.)As far as I know the Seal of Grados is in fact a seal meant to protect one of the planets by distorting space sealing it off I think it was first used when the seed of life so to speak got to earth so it would not be wrecked like grados nearly was while waiting for the eventual return of the Gradosians
3.) Yeah they are completely stuck on earth no chance of return
4.) Roanne was in fact a spy like Arthur thought but was also probably the best actor ever for keeping so composed about it so I'm sure he and Arthur explained that he was the one leaking high level info to earth such as the raid of the resistance bases early on
5.)Aside from the break downs its actually pretty consistent with his character Le Cain was all about the strong need to control the weak after learning the secret "Genesis" of grados he fliped a little but came to realize Gradosians are not as superior as he though Roanne being really good at his job in Le Cain's eye was a strong fellow a perfect man in his eyes so it was a matter of who meshed with his ideals hell if he would probably make Eiji his second in comand if after the time skip he joined Grados's side really it was just how the secret "expanded his horizons"
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU