Funimation online survey

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8, Destiny_Gundam, Kenji

Post Reply
User avatar
pd771
Mysterious Masked Dude
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Perpetually in a GM Trainer
Contact:

Funimation online survey

Post by pd771 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:55 pm

http://www.japanator.com/hey-guys-take- ... 1503.phtml

Funimation is running a survey about anime purchasing habits. This is a rare chance where online participation is very relevant, unlike with many of the fan petitions and the like. I suggest participating. Also, if you are interested in keeping shows like Gundam stateside, mention it in the comments section. Doing so may make them more willing to negotiate with Bandai for release rights in NA.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs

DuelGundam2099

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by DuelGundam2099 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Done, but I mentioned in the comments to recommend stuff from Go Nagai (especially Mazinger Z since it is it's 40th anniversary AND more or less defined mecha anime).

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Mu La Flaga » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:48 pm

I filled out the form and submitted.

User avatar
Arbiter GUNDAM
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot
Posts: 2843
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Cruisin' the Universe w/Spaceman Spiff!!!
Contact:

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Arbiter GUNDAM » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:37 am

Did the survey and told them to try and get some Gundam and Macross stuff. Might not work but one can hope.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion

User avatar
Amadi Akintunde
Elitist Earth Politician
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Amadi Akintunde » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 am

Already did this survey, but neglected to mention Gundam or anything else Sunrise/Bandai. Slipped my mind completely.

But, given recent events in the industry, it's not at all surprising that they're doing this. Hopefully it helps in deciding what initiatives regarding distribution they'll be making in the future.

User avatar
ZeonsSilverStar
Mysterious Masked Dude
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by ZeonsSilverStar » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Alright done and done. I hope we see positive results from this.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar

User avatar
Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero
Posts: 4573
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: A blue City in a red State

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Dark Duel » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:57 pm

So do I. Did the survey, slipped in Gundam a few times - Macross completely slipped my mind, unfortunately.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Zeonista
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: in ur colony, steelin ur gundam

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Zeonista » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Did it too, mentioned Gundam and mecha anime a bit.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Deacon Blues
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Deacon Blues » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 am

That was a fun survey to troll :D

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Mu La Flaga » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 am

Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

On the other hand if it's one of those joking answers, then it's all good..

User avatar
Kei Katsuragi
Creepy Bishonen
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:46 am
Location: Trapped in the center of the Daitokuiten

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Kei Katsuragi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:44 am

Had to mention Orguss every chance I got. My love for that series will never dissipate. But, I did mention Macross quite a bit, and when they asked for Video games, I lied and said all the previous games I bought were Gundam games, just so they got the hint ^_^

and i love the question "Do you own a BLue-Ray or a PS3?"
check yes or no

User avatar
Deacon Blues
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Deacon Blues » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Mu La Flaga wrote:Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

On the other hand if it's one of those joking answers, then it's all good..
The last anime DVD I purchased was Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society. Before that it was the television series. I don't buy much of anything anymore because anime is pretty much pure garbage nowadays. I'm far more interested in novels. Besides, even if I were to buy something it'd be from Japan anyways.

And I did troll them in their comments section citing that I hope they lose their $8 million dollar lawsuit, that it teaches them a lesson and they close up shop and just let Japan handle distribution in America like they so desperately want to. :D

Antares
Retconned MSV Ace
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:44 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Antares » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Although I am from cold, frigid Finland, I threw in my two cents.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Mu La Flaga » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am

Deacon Blues wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

On the other hand if it's one of those joking answers, then it's all good..
The last anime DVD I purchased was Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society. Before that it was the television series. I don't buy much of anything anymore because anime is pretty much pure garbage nowadays. I'm far more interested in novels. Besides, even if I were to buy something it'd be from Japan anyways.

And I did troll them in their comments section citing that I hope they lose their $8 million dollar lawsuit, that it teaches them a lesson and they close up shop and just let Japan handle distribution in America like they so desperately want to. :D
Still you could offer something positive but oh well...

Anyway I buy most of my stuff and all that, so given a chance to offer up feedback for once.

Also on a note, the Japanese buisness model hasn't exactally worked well in other markets outside of Japan.

Look what happened to Bandai Visual and that is a great example, Toei also(briefly).
Their buisness model doesn't work in western markets.

So if you want to let them handle distribution and potentially sink their own industy go ahead.

I actually give a damn and buy what I wanted 95% of the time.
I've rarely downloaded.

User avatar
ShadowCell
Traitor Villain
Posts: 5715
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by ShadowCell » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm

yes, beware the power of Deacon Blues, he whose survey responses outweigh all others.

User avatar
Deacon Blues
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Funimation online survey

Post by Deacon Blues » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Mu La Flaga wrote:Also on a note, the Japanese buisness model hasn't exactally worked well in other markets outside of Japan.

Look what happened to Bandai Visual and that is a great example, Toei also(briefly).
Their buisness model doesn't work in western markets.

So if you want to let them handle distribution and potentially sink their own industy go ahead.

I actually give a damn and buy what I wanted 95% of the time.
I've rarely downloaded.
That's my point. I could care less whether the industry collapses in on itself. It's heading in that direction right now anyways. It'll only be a matter of time before Funimation grows so large they implode...

It makes me wonder if that lawsuit is to recoup massive losses they've had to incur over the years...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests