Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Funimation online survey
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:55 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 am
Posts: 495
Location: Perpetually in a GM Trainer
http://www.japanator.com/hey-guys-take-funimation-s-survey-you-might-win-stuff-21503.phtml

Funimation is running a survey about anime purchasing habits. This is a rare chance where online participation is very relevant, unlike with many of the fan petitions and the like. I suggest participating. Also, if you are interested in keeping shows like Gundam stateside, mention it in the comments section. Doing so may make them more willing to negotiate with Bandai for release rights in NA.

_________________
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
Monster of the Week

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1880
Location: Nowhere I am welcomed
Done, but I mentioned in the comments to recommend stuff from Go Nagai (especially Mazinger Z since it is it's 40th anniversary AND more or less defined mecha anime).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:48 pm 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Posts: 1377
Location: Sydney, Australia
I filled out the form and submitted.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:37 am 
Offline
Der Bigen Slicen
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:36 pm
Posts: 2631
Location: Cruisin' the Universe w/Spaceman Spiff!!!
Did the survey and told them to try and get some Gundam and Macross stuff. Might not work but one can hope.

_________________
Thundermuffin wrote:
AMURO: What? Don't be ridiculous- Tomino is just an abstract construct, he doesn't really exist.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
Already did this survey, but neglected to mention Gundam or anything else Sunrise/Bandai. Slipped my mind completely.

But, given recent events in the industry, it's not at all surprising that they're doing this. Hopefully it helps in deciding what initiatives regarding distribution they'll be making in the future.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:46 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Florida
Alright done and done. I hope we see positive results from this.

_________________
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:57 pm 
Offline
Determined Shonen Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 4412
Location: A blue City in a red State
So do I. Did the survey, slipped in Gundam a few times - Macross completely slipped my mind, unfortunately.

_________________
// ART/PS STUFF THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //
// GSD REWRITE PROJECT // COMPLETED 03/30/14
"Outer Space has a bad habit of sending menacing objects to Earth"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:03 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 812
Location: in ur colony, steelin ur gundam
Did it too, mentioned Gundam and mecha anime a bit.

_________________
Gundam Unicorn I wear my loyalty on my Sleeve.

I am Ral-san, enthusiast of Zeon MS, maker of Zeon gunpla, encouraging mentor of younger fans, and an admirer of mature beauty.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 1178
Location: Buffalo, NY
That was a fun survey to troll :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 am 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Posts: 1377
Location: Sydney, Australia
Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

On the other hand if it's one of those joking answers, then it's all good..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:44 am 
Offline
Creepy Bishonen
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 190
Location: Trapped in the center of the Daitokuiten
Had to mention Orguss every chance I got. My love for that series will never dissipate. But, I did mention Macross quite a bit, and when they asked for Video games, I lied and said all the previous games I bought were Gundam games, just so they got the hint ^_^

and i love the question "Do you own a BLue-Ray or a PS3?"
check yes or no


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 1178
Location: Buffalo, NY
Mu La Flaga wrote:
Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

On the other hand if it's one of those joking answers, then it's all good..


The last anime DVD I purchased was Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society. Before that it was the television series. I don't buy much of anything anymore because anime is pretty much pure garbage nowadays. I'm far more interested in novels. Besides, even if I were to buy something it'd be from Japan anyways.

And I did troll them in their comments section citing that I hope they lose their $8 million dollar lawsuit, that it teaches them a lesson and they close up shop and just let Japan handle distribution in America like they so desperately want to. :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:29 pm 
Offline
Retconned MSV Ace

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:44 am
Posts: 1681
Location: Finland
Although I am from cold, frigid Finland, I threw in my two cents.

_________________
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Posts: 1377
Location: Sydney, Australia
Deacon Blues wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:
Part of me hopes that wasn't a serious reply and you contributed something when offered up a chance to fill in a survey to give them info on how to do better.

On the other hand if it's one of those joking answers, then it's all good..


The last anime DVD I purchased was Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society. Before that it was the television series. I don't buy much of anything anymore because anime is pretty much pure garbage nowadays. I'm far more interested in novels. Besides, even if I were to buy something it'd be from Japan anyways.

And I did troll them in their comments section citing that I hope they lose their $8 million dollar lawsuit, that it teaches them a lesson and they close up shop and just let Japan handle distribution in America like they so desperately want to. :D

Still you could offer something positive but oh well...

Anyway I buy most of my stuff and all that, so given a chance to offer up feedback for once.

Also on a note, the Japanese buisness model hasn't exactally worked well in other markets outside of Japan.

Look what happened to Bandai Visual and that is a great example, Toei also(briefly).
Their buisness model doesn't work in western markets.

So if you want to let them handle distribution and potentially sink their own industy go ahead.

I actually give a damn and buy what I wanted 95% of the time.
I've rarely downloaded.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 5915
Location: California
yes, beware the power of Deacon Blues, he whose survey responses outweigh all others.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 1178
Location: Buffalo, NY
Mu La Flaga wrote:
Also on a note, the Japanese buisness model hasn't exactally worked well in other markets outside of Japan.

Look what happened to Bandai Visual and that is a great example, Toei also(briefly).
Their buisness model doesn't work in western markets.

So if you want to let them handle distribution and potentially sink their own industy go ahead.

I actually give a damn and buy what I wanted 95% of the time.
I've rarely downloaded.


That's my point. I could care less whether the industry collapses in on itself. It's heading in that direction right now anyways. It'll only be a matter of time before Funimation grows so large they implode...

It makes me wonder if that lawsuit is to recoup massive losses they've had to incur over the years...


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Discussion » Anime and Manga


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: