The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Dub Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Jak Crow

The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Dub Thread

Sci Fi showing the eng dub of Season 2 starting tonight.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VII: The Final

So, Season II's dub started off fairly well, actually. Saji's voice has actually matured a slight bit; while he still has that 'wheeze squeak' in his voice, it's gotten better.

Barrack Zinin apparently has no emotion while in battle.

And Mistuah Bushido?

His voice is no longer that of a surfer dude. It's practically perfect.
Ohmygodiamonfire

As far as the dub itself goes, it's pretty good so far. The only problem so far is that THEY SKIPPED THE POST CREDITS SCENE. ARGH.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
Amadi Akintunde

Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:As far as the dub itself goes, it's pretty good so far. The only problem so far is that THEY SKIPPED THE POST CREDITS SCENE. ARGH.
Commercials and whatnot. You'll be able to see everything when they upload the full episodes on Youtube.

But yeah. I notice Lockon's voice actor exceptionally improved since Season I. Everyone's basically improved.
Sume Gai

yeah Lockon 2.0 sounds pretty different from 1.0 which is good in my book

Andre sounds mercifully less annoying in the dub (I hated his Japanese voice) :evil:
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Amadi Akintunde

So, first two episode analysis?

Everyone was in character, which was good. There were some points in which the scenes surpassed the speed of the voice actors themselves. But all was well.

I have to say this though

The cannon fodder grunts put in a hell of a lot more effort in voice acting battle speech and yells than their commanders. D:

I'm looking at you, Barrack Zinin
Wingnut

Amadi Akintunde wrote:
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:As far as the dub itself goes, it's pretty good so far. The only problem so far is that THEY SKIPPED THE POST CREDITS SCENE. ARGH.
Commercials and whatnot. You'll be able to see everything when they upload the full episodes on Youtube.
You (and I) hope. They have not uploaded a second of Code Geass R2 in spite of it being out for some time.

Not hearing Milena say desu after every other line is kinda odd, but I guess I'll get used to it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amadi Akintunde

Wingnut wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
You (and I) hope. They have not uploaded a second of Code Geass R2 in spite of it being out for some time.

Not hearing Milena say desu after every other line is kinda odd, but I guess I'll get used to it.
Well, that's what they did with 00. Uploaded the actual 'full' episodes and everything with Season 1 on the Bandai Entertainment channel account. And yes, everything including the Season 1 Epilogue.

So count on it.
ZeroBusterXX

Skipped post-credit scene aside, I was impressed with the dub. And I was happy to see this in a higher quality than what I am used to. I wished they'd have given Regene a more manly voice, like David Kaye or something, just to let everyone know that that is a man.

Amadi, I think (s?)he knows that an uncut Season 1 of 00 is on Youtube, he's just saying that (s?)he is doubtful that it might get uploaded because Code Geass R2 hasn't been uploaded yet.

I am not the only one who thinks that they might only upload the first season and not the second one, just to drive DVD sales or something.
LightningCount

I'm new to Season 2. My first impressions:

This almost feels like a new, sequel series--not season. I'm getting more of a Tomino vibe from this, with the centralized Federation, A-LAWS (Titan-esque) and their killing automatons (F91 Bug-esque). It feels more "sci-fi spacy," like UC does. Even so, by episode 2, it did feel like the "future" of the 00 world. Still, this reconfirms for me that, if it was financially viable, they should have extended Season 1's story into 50 episodes and then gone into this, as the skip in time (even with Season 1's epilogue) feels very sudden and drastic.

Moving on...The action choreography has taken a big leap in the right direction. The pacing seems a little stronger too...maybe a tad bit too fast at points...but it's getting a lot of material done in single episodes, which I like to see. Voice actors are doing great, as everybody said here. I wish there were those post-credit scenes, but oh well... Story-wise, I am impressed on how they are finally weaving Saji into the story more meaningfully. His first meeting with Setsuna was well-done. Well, time to wait for next week, but it's off to a solid start.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
AnimePaul

LightningCount wrote:I'm new to Season 2. My first impressions:

This almost feels like a new, sequel series--not season. I'm getting more of a Tomino vibe from this, with the centralized Federation, A-LAWS (Titan-esque) and their killing automatons (F91 Bug-esque). It feels more "sci-fi spacy," like UC does. Even so, by episode 2, it did feel like the "future" of the 00 world. Still, this reconfirms for me that, if it was financially viable, they should have extended Season 1's story into 50 episodes and then gone into this, as the skip in time (even with Season 1's epilogue) feels very sudden and drastic.
Some have commented that the A-Laws may have surpassed the Titans in terms of ruthlessness by the end of the season.
Amadi Akintunde

Ruthlessness, yes.

But not the number of Mobile Suits chucked out every 5 episodes.

D:
ShadowCell

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Dub Thread

Okay, before we continue...

This thread is where discussion of the dub broadcast of Gundam 00 season two will take place. For those of you who have already seen season two, in this thread we pretend that we haven't. Needless to say, no spoilers--and if you do need to mention something that would be a spoiler, I remind you that we have spoiler tags. It will be unstickied when 00 season two finishes its run.

Don't be jerks and everything will be okay.

Carry on.
Red Comet90

I liked all the minor improvements they did with the dub in this season and it really impressed me how seriously they took it. Saji's voice matured which I was hoping for and it makes sense with such a long time skip. My biggest complaint is how Sci-Fi chopped up the episode and took out the scenes that occur at the end. Good thing those scenes are usually repeated at the beginning of each episode as a small recap, but it still leaves new viewers utterly confused when the next episode begins. Let's hope Bandai gives us S2 on youtube for those who want to see those small tidbits.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
SNT1

Whoa what already? I already missed Terminexia and solid Setsuna? Hm. Looks like there's something to watch on TV again. Totally missed this.
Spoiler
So were they skipping the post-ED scenes? That could really alter the viewing experience I think.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
LightningCount

Dubbing question: Shouldn't A-Laws be "A"-Laws and not "Ah"-Laws? Is this a case of the dubbers taking the "engrish" too seriously? Sometimes it sounds like "outlaws" this way, no offense.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Imperial

LightningCount wrote:Dubbing question: Shouldn't A-Laws be "A"-Laws and not "Ah"-Laws? Is this a case of the dubbers taking the "engrish" too seriously? Sometimes it sounds like "outlaws" this way, no offense.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? That's how I pronounced it, but this hardly the first time the name has surprised us. For the longest time, the fan base thought it was "Arrows."

Perhaps the localization team knows something we don't. Or maybe Bandai insisted it be pronounced that way.
This space for rent
Symbolhime

LightningCount wrote:Dubbing question: Shouldn't A-Laws be "A"-Laws and not "Ah"-Laws? Is this a case of the dubbers taking the "engrish" too seriously? Sometimes it sounds like "outlaws" this way, no offense.
Yes, that is how the Japanese original pronounces it, so I'd bet on it being taken straight from there.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
Thundermuffin

Wow, Barrack's got a DEEP voice.

But yeah, all the VAs were generally improved. The skipping the post-credits scene is annoying, but aside from some confusing jumps from ep to ep, it should be okay (except maybe for the ones that give a major plot point...)
pd771

The dub itself is good, but there's not really a point to watch it now. Important plot points get covered in those endings, so I have no reason to recommend the show on Sci-Fi to any of my friends who haven't seen it yet.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs