The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Toxicity

Re: Eureka Seven Ao

Have you watched episode 5 yet? Mini skirts, lolis, and shower scenes GALORE. Hell, in the shower scene, the damn pink haired girl even says "Time for some service" or something along those lines while she's messing with the sloth. I've been trying to be optimistic about this show, but so far I feel as if this show has given me nothing to like.
Last edited by Toxicity on Sun May 13, 2012 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny_Gundam

One loli, one shower scene where she was wearing a towel, and when did skirts stop being a legitimate article of clothing again?

This level of fanservice is so miniscule that it's not even worth noting. It's not like the original was devoid of fanservice either.

I respect that people have different limits, but come on you're totally overblowing it.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Vent Noir

The "service, service" line was a shout out to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Elena does a lot of those.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Yyyyyeah, I'm not seeing the "overblown" fanservice or anything approaching that either.

You have series-es like High School DxD airing.

Eureka Seven/Ao.......on its own is very tame, and in comparison to other shows doesn't even deserve mentioning.

The most fanservice we have is the one shower scene with Elena where she was wearing a towel as Destiny pointed out, and the very brief scene in episode 4 where Fluer was leaning over in front of Ao, inadvertently giving him a "view." Much of which the viewer didn't have a good viewing angle on.

I'm definitely enjoying this series as much as its prequel, though I haven't for the life of me got a clue as to how it fits in with E7, considering it took place hundreds(?) of years after the 21st century, which is when Ao is. :shock: I do find it odd that all the pilots are kids, but it's more "why?" odd than "this series sucks because of it" odd.
I do find Fluer to be quite attratcive.......though I'm not so sure she's even close to legal age, lol. ^^b And she's a bit inconsistent in her character; when she first met Ao she was pretty friendly, but now she's acting a bit bi***y. :(
Last edited by Shinji103 on Sun May 13, 2012 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toxicity

If the skirts were something the girls were just wearing for casual clothing, I'd not care so much, but mini skirts and stockings as the duty uniform for a private military corporation is completely retarded.

I can't wait to hear how they try to justify all the pilots being teenaged girls.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

You know Toxicity, if you don't like the show and enjoy nothing in it...then stop commenting on this thread. Seriously, if you dislike the show that much for fan-service that is basically nonexistent or anything else, then way come around here shouting your opinions to the world.

Seriously, your reaction seems to be, "oh no, fan service, loli, mini-skirts, in a show that has SO much realism! The perfect show that was Eureka 7 is now RUINED forever."

It is a anime show. Oh course the girls are going to be wearing revealing clothing. Except it. And as Destiny_Gundam pointed out, Eureka 7 had PLENTY of fan-service too.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Toxicity

Isn't that what forums are for? Expressing opinions? And you're saying I should leave for the sole reason of having one that is different from yours? If everybody felt the exact same way about everything, then there wouldn't be any point in having a discussion in the first place.

I dislike lolis and fanservice, but I admit it's more of a nitpick than anything else and that they're not the real problem I have with the show so far, the real problem being that there's been hardly any mention of the old cast, we've been thrown into a completely different world from the last show without any explanation, and Ao's motivations seem a little questionable. I really hope that the next episode isn't just a long fight and that we finally get some answers and explanations.

I also admit that perhaps I'm just being impatient. Ao is the first show in years I've begun following at the very beginning of its airing. Any TV shows I've watched in the past 3 years I've done so via marathons rather than having to wait a week in between episodes.

Also, perhaps english is not your first language, but the correct word in your last bit is accept, not except, which means to leave something out or make an exclusion.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Thanks Toxicity, it is nice to see you taking the time to correct me. I really needed that since I obviously made a simple mistake in something I wrote in about 5 minutes. :roll:

And hiding behind the excuse of, "I am just expressing my opinion" will not fly. There is a way of expressing your opinions without being so hateful. You clearly know how to do that since you did so right here:
Toxicity wrote: I dislike lolis and fanservice, but I admit it's more of a nitpick than anything else and that they're not the real problem I have with the show so far, the real problem being that there's been hardly any mention of the old cast, we've been thrown into a completely different world from the last show without any explanation, and Ao's motivations seem a little questionable. I really hope that the next episode isn't just a long fight and that we finally get some answers and explanations.

I also admit that perhaps I'm just being impatient. Ao is the first show in years I've begun following at the very beginning of its airing. Any TV shows I've watched in the past 3 years I've done so via marathons rather than having to wait a week in between episodes.
If you did this from the start I would understand and accept (did I use the word right?) your opinion. What you said make sense, but did you put it like that originally? No, in fact you just kind of went off on loli and fanservice without, 1) explaining why you hate it so much, 2) giving us any indication of an anime where they DON'T use loli (not so common) and fanservice...or where the female uniforms make sense. Hell in Gundam I can think of many occasions where the female uniform is clearly more revealing than the male. But it doesn't bother me anymore, because I learned to see past it.

My problem with you was, if you read your previous posts, it seems to me that you just threw your hands up in the air and went, "well they have this shit now, the show is ruined."

I get that you are impatient for the explanation about why the world is so messed up, and you want to see some of the original cast again, BUT as you said, this is the 5th episode! We are still in the exposition stage. I am sure they will explain things in time, but we will have to wait because they want these new characters to breath and become there own, why? Because if the creators want to get a wider range of audience they better set up a core new cast before throwing all the stuff from the original series at the viewer. I think they are doing this perfectly so far, they are giving us a new world and new characters, all the while giving hints and references to the original series for us older Eureka fans. In fact, I have a feeling it might be a while before we get the answers to our questions revealed.

Remember how long it took for them to explain the world in the original series? Although, even I have to admit, we better not have to wait for the 40+ episode mark for that to happen....because that would be way TOO much.

Actually, does anyone know how long Eureka 7 Ao is going to be? 50 episodes? Or maybe less?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
branman88

On their website Funi says 24 episodes, while Wikipedia says 26.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
DAG101

Wait, lolishit? Okay, what?

We have...several teenage girls as the pilots. And ONE younger girl. And there's NOTHING sexual about them, save that they wear skirts when NOT IN PILOT SUITS (so far, they seem to wear the pilot suits for the entire mission)

And it's hardly the first show to have the only characters who can do a particular world-saving thing be teenage girls, explained or not. Especially when we haven't seen EVERY Generation Bleu pilot yet. And in the original show, both human-like Corralians were teenage girls...hey, the Generation Bleu pilots might be linked to that somehow, since the only main male pilot so far is Ao, who is the son of a Corralian.

And wait...we got answers in the original show? :P
DuelGundam2099

Wait, lolishit? Okay, what?
My thoughts exactly.
On their website Funi says 24 episodes, while Wikipedia says 26.
MAL says 24 too, I think what you saw on wikipedia was dated/false information.
ydawg314

i agree with Toxicity and i dont understand why everyone is so upset by his comments. No where in or around this topic does it say "post only things you like about the show".

I don't hate the fan service but I also don't understand the uniforms for a military organization like generation blue or why there are only girls. They should really explain some of these some time soon.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Destiny_Gundam

He can post whatever his opinion is. However it's preferable that he do so in a reasonable manner rather than throwing words like 'lolishit' around, particularly when it's a gross overexageration.
Toxicity

I just fail to understand why lolis are necessary or why people even like them. What is the appeal of 9 year old girls who have oval shaped faces and no noses?
Destiny_Gundam

Why is anything necessary? Why do characters need to be human? Why not have all the characters be bars of chocolate? It's about adding variety to a cast: some young, some old, some men, some women.

As for the appeal, people like and are drawn to the idea of innocence that young children embody and find it cute.

I won't go into what a certain minority find appealing and neither should anyone else.
Mu La Flaga

Toxicity wrote:I just fail to understand why lolis are necessary or why people even like them. What is the appeal of 9 year old girls who have oval shaped faces and no noses?
To be fair isn't that age sterotyping lolis?
Since they can go up to 11 or 14 and all that sort of thing.

Just wanted to say.
Toxicity

I don't see what difference it makes if they're 9 or 14. It's still pedophilia at either age.
Destiny_Gundam

Not necessarily. In some countries age of concent does run that low. Then you got your 14 year olds that look like 20 year olds so you can't blame anyone for being physically attracted to them.

That's besides the point anyways. Just because you have a character that young in the show doesn't make it pedo. If they were highly sexualized like Kodomo no Jikan or the like, then yes, it would be.

In Ao's case she's just a little girl that pilots a robot. Don't blow it up into something it doesn't need to be.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

the firs Eureka 7 series was amazing, my brother would tell me to watch it and I was like "no that sucks"

then I started to watch it and I was hooked, pretty amazing stuff

the second series has nothing of that(so far for me, I will keep watching thought)

the same thing with the first Last Exile compared to the new series

either the people that make the anime changed or I just got old for it
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
DuelGundam2099

On today's episode there is disappointment and "WTF did I just watch?".
Spoiler
The fight with Secret was pretty disappointing, it was hardly anything at all. I looked forward to it. :( On another note, the first five minutes had two plots dealing with drug dealers, flying armored transports, a Tabris knockoff named Truth that shape shifts with other powers (like being in two places at once...... what?), and a corrupt president. Scenes with Truth make me wonder if I'm still watching AO or some shonen anime. :?
And of course Ao had to spend time with the loli of all characters. *shrivels*