The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Eureka Seven Ao

Toxicity wrote:I'm pretty sure at some point during the show Mischa or somebody else said that there was no reason that Eureka couldn't have kids. And IIRC, the thing on the moon was a result of the massive explosion or whatever from the last episode of the first show.
I think the thing is Eureka is a Coralian and human hybrid.
So despite some Corallian simillarities, I think she has more human traits though.
In the alternate reality movie, she didn't even change physically.

In the series something did trigger that to happen.

Also the event that happened wasn't that "The Summer of Love" or whatever it was called?
Toxicity

No, the summer of love was an event that happened before the first show took place that Renton's father was involved with.
DuelGundam2099

And with episode 2 apparently Type Zero reverted from Spec 3 and Mark 1 has similar origins. Well........ I'm hooked.
DAG101

EP 2 is out?
Toxicity

Yes, it's out. I've already watched it as well, and Ao's performance in the Mk1 was quite impressive. I thought the second episode was better than the first, but I hope that they don't make me wait too long to have all my questions regarding Eureka/Renton and the world itself answered.
Vent Noir

Really enjoying this so far, and it captures the feel of the original TV series well. I hope it keeps it up.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
DAG101

'Welcome home, Eureka'

That...shocked the hell out of me. So we've established that someone named Eureka piloted the mecha...looks like it's gonna be the Nirvash from the original (either that, or there's something REALLY odd going on...)

Also, did Eureka wear a bracelet similar to the one Ao stole? been a while since I watched the series, so I can't remember...the bracelet just seems familiar

And it's, again, the first ever mech...and it may be just me, but the IFOs (think that's what they're called) seem to be more mechanical this time around, as opposed to the robot zombie mecha from Eureka Seven :lol: maybe there's time-travel shenanigans going on?
Compass

The origins of the original LFOs/KFOs were alien/mechanical hybrids. The part where they have become IFOs/FPs appears to describe that they are of different standard origins. I assume that, post-SOL2, they no longer have the capability to graft the alien bodies to mechanical exoskeletons. However, there is something that irks me.

We've basically seen planet Earth for the first time. If you remember, at the end of E7, Earth definitely did not look Earth-like. I don't recall any mention of any realistic countries at all.

Anyways, my insane theory is in this box.
Spoiler
The part where Nirvash basically said they'd remove half the life force and move to another, seems to be an allusion to this, where perhaps E7's world was not our world, and the Scub Coral moved their life forces to "ours."

That would explain the technological gap, lack of Gecko Go, and all associated characters.

Also,

Considering Eureka was born from the Skub Coral, could a duplicate not be made? Could this be a genetic imprint based on the original Eureka built for this?

Also of note, there was a KLF hand in that Skub Coral in one of these eps. Flash back to one of the eps of E7 where the KLF squad was completely overwhelmed by Skub.
I like where this series is going. The first one certainly makes watching it a second time through a unique experience where you notice things you didn't notice originally. Lots of references to the original series.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
zetatype

Compass wrote: We've basically seen planet Earth for the first time. If you remember, at the end of E7, Earth definitely did not look Earth-like. I don't recall any mention of any realistic countries at all.
True, but if I recall correctly, the land masses had been preserved underneath the Scub Coral layer and at the end of E7 the Sucb Coral layer had lifted up. So bascially earth went back to looking like our earth by the end of E7.

Now if this series does take place only 15-20 year after E7 then it is very strange to see multiple nations and governments that resemble the ones in our world considering that there was pretty much only one world government in the E7 TV series.
Compass

That too. I think the entire world was under the "Federation" initially.

Did we have a look at the moon? I might be getting it mixed up with Ozuma, but a look at whether or not the moon has Eureka + Renton <3 would be the most telling sign.

Either that, or we're entering a crazy side universe a la Macross DYRL movie retelling and we might as well flush all of our knowledge down a toilet-o.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
DuelGundam2099

Calling it now: Time travel. I'll give them until episode 12 to hint at something of the sort.
Compass

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Calling it now: Time travel. I'll give them until episode 12 to hint at something of the sort.
All the IFOs appear to have already achieved "Plane Form" which was not plausible until the Nirvash R2 was created.

Maybe this is actually a SKUB CORAL DREAM AND AT THE END WE WILL WAKE UP =_=.

Inceptioned!
Vent Noir

Episode 3, and the show continues to be fun, although Fleur gets points against her for naming her IFO "Allelujah".
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
DuelGundam2099

Poor Ao, in just three episodes his entire xenophobic home island hates his guts, his parents are missing, his mother being hated is the reason so many people hate him, he is forced to fight G-Monsters while avoiding the military (Japan or US? (Both?) I couldn't tell which specifically), and getting held captive against his will using a combination of rebels, angry islanders, military fugitive searching, and whoever in the staff thought it was a great idea to draw in the gag fetishist crowd.

I have to wonder if Renton is ever going to get mentioned considering he was Type ZERO's main pilot in the first series and is most likely Ao's dad. Maybe they'll have a Type TheEND expy somewhere, it was the one cool LFO from the first series although this new IFO that looks like VF-27 Lucifer Gamma looks like a worthy successor if there is none.
Compass

For some reason, this really makes me want to tear up a bit. Such a sad story. Eureka's story was sad enough, and now this.

The setting continues to irk me. Now that we know that Eureka FELL OUT OF THE SKY, I think we can establish that something is not right with the world.
Cipher8492

Am I the only that thinks that Blanc (the dude with the mustache not his daughter) is Moondoggie from E7? He says he "once knew girl with turquoise hair", he knew the Nirvash by name, and if I recall Moondoggie never said his real name. It might be far fetched but who knows, maybe Gekkstate broke up but Moondoggie kept it going somewhat with Generation Bleu. I'm not gonna make any assumptions but who knows.

And the theme song is really growing on me. Anyone know when the single is coming out?
Compass

Cipher8492 wrote:Am I the only that thinks that Blanc (the dude with the mustache not his daughter) is Moondoggie from E7? He says he "once knew girl with turquoise hair", he knew the Nirvash by name, and if I recall Moondoggie never said his real name. It might be far fetched but who knows, maybe Gekkstate broke up but Moondoggie kept it going somewhat with Generation Bleu. I'm not gonna make any assumptions but who knows.

And the theme song is really growing on me. Anyone know when the single is coming out?
Moondoggie showed his name on his pilot's license in Eureka Seven as James Darren Emerson.
Flame-X

Cipher8492 wrote: And the theme song is really growing on me. Anyone know when the single is coming out?
You can easily google this.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KSCL-2037
DAG101

Cipher8492 wrote:Am I the only that thinks that Blanc (the dude with the mustache not his daughter) is Moondoggie from E7? He says he "once knew girl with turquoise hair", he knew the Nirvash by name, and if I recall Moondoggie never said his real name. It might be far fetched but who knows, maybe Gekkstate broke up but Moondoggie kept it going somewhat with Generation Bleu. I'm not gonna make any assumptions but who knows.

The only dude with a mustache I recall is the Pied Piper captain, who seems more like that russian/german/whatever guy with a mustache from the Gekko. Who's this Blanc fellow who I apparently missed?
ydawg314

I just started watching the show today.... I think its going to be good. So far im loving the sound track

The only thing i am disliking so far are g monsters.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee