The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DuelGundam2099

Re: The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

................... WHY!? Seriously, what reason could they possibly have?
TakaTahuNuva

DuelGundam2099 wrote:................... WHY!? Seriously, what reason could they possibly have?
Longer time to work on big-budget action sequences, or possibly double-length episodes.
ohhhh snap
zetatype

TakaTahuNuva wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:................... WHY!? Seriously, what reason could they possibly have?
Longer time to work on big-budget action sequences, or possibly double-length episodes.
Or they couldn't find a proper time slot?

Whatever the reason I just hope they use the extra time to craft a good ending because unless they have a second season in store I'm still skeptical about them wrapping up this series without it feeling really rushed.
Compass

Did Eureka Seven air 51 (52?) in a row? Or did it take a break after 26, the arguable half-way point?

I can see a lot of this up to 24 being a prelude to another 24 of pure action and romance development.

I don't see us being able to wrap up the entire series with so many unanswered questions so quickly.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Chris
Administrator

Compass wrote:Did Eureka Seven air 51 (52?) in a row? Or did it take a break after 26, the arguable half-way point?

I can see a lot of this up to 24 being a prelude to another 24 of pure action and romance development.

I don't see us being able to wrap up the entire series with so many unanswered questions so quickly.
No, the original series ran 50 episodes straight through for a year. Just because you can't see things being wrapped up so quickly doesn't mean it won't happen. This is anime, after all.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Toxicity

One can only hope that BONES uses their month wisely to make this ending worth the wait.
Compass

Chris wrote:
Compass wrote:Did Eureka Seven air 51 (52?) in a row? Or did it take a break after 26, the arguable half-way point?

No, the original series ran 50 episodes straight through for a year. Just because you can't see things being wrapped up so quickly doesn't mean it won't happen. This is anime, after all.
I hope it won't be like a certain other mecha series I sort of liked, then. Eureka Seven's final 2 episodes didn't feel rushed at all given the events transpired and made it all happy. I hope they don't blow this one and make me completely bummed about Eureka Seven AO.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
DuelGundam2099

Hey guys? Lets wait until we watch this week's episode before worrying, for all we know they might tie up a lot of loose ends at that point.
Compass

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Hey guys? Lets wait until we watch this week's episode before worrying, for all we know they might tie up a lot of loose ends at that point.
Bu-bu-bu-but then I'll have nothing to criticize about any of the animes I'm currently watching :P

I'm not going to call E7AO a failure if the last few episodes aren't hot, but to be honest, AO has a lot to live up to with how highly I regard the original Eureka Seven series, which places easily in my top 5 watched ever.
DuelGundam2099

Unless the ending is incredibly stupid/leaves too many questions unanswered then I can safely say I enjoyed Astral Ocean more than the old series. Either way I doubt it'll be as good as the movie.

Now that I think of it this hiatus will give me time to finish Exkaiser, Kamen Riders V3, Kuuga, and OOO, and Cutey Honey Flash (comment and I'll chuck a tomahawk); I'd include Dougram, but I'll most likely be done with it tomorrow.
Toxicity

Just out of curiosity, is anybody keeping up the Ao manga? I read the first couple volumes when they came out back way earlier this year but didn't continue reading once the show came out and I became busy with work and other things. And if anybody is reading it, is the manga story any different from what we're getting in the anime?
iCards

Episode 22 RAW:
Spoiler
Hair decorations!!

Secret gets an IFO.

Renton in the house!! (or on his way to the house.)

Also, Renton's voice is...
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Lots of questions answered, somethings are clarified, and someone is coming back...also after watching this episode I think this series has the time to explain everything and wrap everything up. We will see, but Ao has yet to disappoint me, so I have high hopes

We may have to wait until November, BUT in the meantime we have Eureka 7 Ao's 1st OVA that was released, and I do plan to go back and watch the recap episode that came out before Ao premiered (never got around to do that) also I might also rewatch some Eureka 7...just to get ready for what is going to hopefully be an awesome final!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
DuelGundam2099

I think this series has the time to explain everything and wrap everything up.
Is Compass taking notes on this statement? :P
I do plan to go back and watch the recap episode that came out before Ao premiered
Same (provided I can find it anywhere).

Edit: Well I just watched the episode. So according to the new episode Secrets are like the Blue from Gender in which they are the planet's natural defenders against aliens (such as scub coral) and Truth is infected, therefore making him a mutant (the battle in this episode felt like a 1950s b-movie to an extent). That and apparently Naru did not have alien ears after all.

Renton becoming Ryu Soma, ha. That upgrade of Spec 3 was also pretty cool, it looks so similar to Spec V- Say, are they going to try to fit in movie canon into this too?
Compass

This episode makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Unfortunately I will now be in a coma for a month waiting for the last two episodes.
Toxicity

Renton was in the movie universe in the scene he appeared in, I'm fairly certain. The ship he was inside looked like the one that showed up at the very end of the movie and there was no heart on the moon. I take he's been jumping through scub bursts going from world to world looking for eureka. Personally the only thing that bothered me about this episode was that renton has a lever action weapon instead of charles's K98k.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I think Renton gave the K98k to Maurice before he left, kind of like passing the torch down to him or something (since that was a big part of the final act in Eureka 7) HOWEVER, I do agree that him having that weapon would have been a nice touch.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
DAG101

I thought it might be the Renton from the show, since he's chasing after Eureka, and the movie ends with Eureka's mind pretty much destroyed, when E7Ao shows her as still being the Eureka from the show...and I didn't notice the moon. And the movie always felt like it was supposed to be a prequel to the show, to me. That said, since Ao has a gun that changes history, and we're at three different timelines (Truth's world, which sounds like our Earth; the normal E7Ao world; and the one Ao changed--and that's without factoring in the implication that E7Ao's world is different from the pre-Scub Earth of the original show, which would make it four timelines) so maybe there's something that causes the show's world to become the movie's world.

Actually...maybe the worlds of the show and movie got mixed together somehow? Also, is it just me, or does Renton's Nirvash look a bit more mechanical than the show or movie's final forms?
Toxicity

It is my understanding that quartz allows travel between the worlds or times somehow. Renton got so excited over seeing the light show because his quartz bracelet like the one eureka had looked all used up, so he might've been stuck in his search and unable to move between time/worlds until ao presumably fired the quartz gun at truth.

Eureka had even said to ao that the quartz gun was what renton had been searching for, likely so he could move freely.