Glory of Losers

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

Re: Glory of Losers

*scratches head*

So after a discussion on AnimeSuki over the characters not being themselves anymore, I started reading over my translation of Frozen Teardrop and I started to notice something: Sumizawa is rather inconsistent with his facts at least when he's attempting to tie two works together that is. The latest volume of The Glory of Losers has a bit of a "Frozen Teardrop introduction" which is basically just a page spread of crossover characters from the novel into the "mainstream series retelling." That's all fine and dandy I suppose, but something bothers me:
Sumizawa in Frozen Teardrop Volume.01, Chapter.01 wrote:However, years later he would engage in development and deployment of mobile suits as combat weapons for the organization called “OZ”, particularly the Specials mobile suit unit he created. Furthermore, he was the one responsible for devising the coup d’etat Operation Daybreak in which their strategic use allowed for them to seize complete control of the Earth Sphere United Alliance in a matter of mere days. That was but his greatest achievement, and were it not for him, even the existence of mobile suits as weapons would likely have been doubted.
Now, if you look back at one of the recent chapters of the manga, Sumizawa says:
Episode.14 A Banquet for the Pleiades -Chapter.03- wrote:Operation Pleiades, whose objective is to completely dissolve the United Earth Sphere Alliance in one swift move. With the Alliance Forces Chiefs of Staff gathered at the New Edwards base on the west coast of North America, the deficiency in the chain of command at several principle military bases left them open to the synchronized, simultaneous attacks of OZ's elite units. The mastermind behind this meticulously orchestrated operation was Colonel Une.
Perhaps he changed his mind between the novel chapter and the manga rendition but for someone who is trying to breathe life back into a series for its anniversary it's quite inconsistent and annoying. :/
Chris
Administrator

Re: Glory of Losers

Those two statements don't have to necessarily conflict. You can say that the overall plan was masterminded by Treize, but all the operational details and coordination were carried out by Une.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his