SDF-2 Megaroad Where you go?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SlowTurtle

SDF-2 Megaroad Where you go?

Been going back and watching Macross for the first time and I have to know is the SDF-Megaroad ever discovered? What is the true fate of the SDF-2 and crew or are thy forever missing in action?
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
azrael

Re: SDF-2 Megaroad Where you go?

SlowTurtle wrote:Been going back and watching Macross for the first time and I have to know is the SDF-Megaroad ever discovered?
No.
What is the true fate of the SDF-2...
We don't know.
...and crew or are thy forever missing in action?
For the foreseeable future, yes.

Next question.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Ever since I became a fan of Macross last year, I've learned that this is the most often asked question that has absolutely no right answer except, "make up your own."
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
AmuroNT1

For all intents and purposes, Hikaru, Misa, and Minmei are dead in the Macross universe. Their stories have been told and they've moved off the stage to let someone else get the spotlight. They've never said what happened to the Megaroad, and I doubt they ever will. If you want you can view it as a divergence point between Macross and Robotech (ironic that RT continues to use the Rick Hunter character despite the fact that they legally can't use Hikaru Ichijou's image anymore).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
SlowTurtle

I see well that answers my question I guess?
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations