The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SonicSP

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

latenlazy wrote:Um. They're military police. Asem grabbed the guy's hand. Even with current laws that can qualify as assault in a lot of countries. He was also trying to prevent an arrest. Obstruction of justice. There's a reason why you don't just walk up and grab a Police officer's hand like that in real life.

Besides, it's not like modern police don't exhibit much more force in the presence of our youth (would know, having seen some of this stuff first hand). In any case grabbing someone's hand after they made the first move is hardly excessive use of force.
I agree completely, this is a time of war afterall and Asem was obstructing justice of an enemy of the state. If they were to shoot Asem or anything I would agree that its very harsh but he was in the way of them arresting an enemy spy, one that played a huge role in the attack on Tordia and endangered many innocent lives. I don't think they did anything unreasonable and I don't think it has anything with being corrupt. They weren't very nice, but they're military police, being nice especially in a time of war is not what they exist for but its to protect the nation's interest and safety.

Asem should regret it too, given what he knows by the end of the episode. He tried and prevented the arrest of a spy that was endangering his world . His actions were correct at the time given his believe of Zehart but in hindsight he should have regretted it.
MarshalBraginsky wrote:Does anyone think that AGE-2 also resembles the 00 Raiser when it's in Mobile Suit mode?
Yeah I agree, it does resemble 00 Raiser a bit to me as well (not completely though but some similarity). Although I guess its more closer towards one of Ebikawa's 00 Qan(T) concept which had some 00 Raiser elements in it. I'm mainly using the basic lineart angles though, there's much more differences one you see them as 3D models or figures.

Not really surprised by some of the similarities, given how they're both Ebikawa designs.
Dark Duel

I'm really not seeing 00 Raiser in it at all beyond the traditional blue/white/red color scheme. If anything, to me its MS mode looks more reminiscent of a mix of Kyrios and Arios, with a little Reborns aesthetic to the design of the head.
Its "Strider" mode reminds me a little of a mix of the Flag and Saviour Gundam.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
zerogradius

Off the bat, I want to say that I'm disappointed with how quickly the show is progressing. This is where the ep limitation hurts it. We see pictures in the MS clubhouse of the stuff the friends have done together the past year and a half, and I think it would have been better if we actually got to see some of that stuff (especially what led to the picture between Asemu, Zeheart and Romary) instead of just seeing pics. It also would have better sculptured the relationship between Zeheart and Asemu, which has not been developed too well in my opinion, neither has the supposed love triangle with Romary.

The ep itself was okay, but not great. I don't understand why the MPs let Zeheart escape after the other spy shot at them. They had evidence that he was up to no good, so at the very least, they should have held onto him until it was sorted out. The first battle of the Adeles was poor, but they were going against an X Rounder, so its understandable. What isn't is the waste that was Woolf's first appearance with the G Bouncer, and bounce was all it did this ep besides misfiring. The spy spoke of taking over the colony and we see Dorados firing at it from the outside. Zeheart takes down a couple mobile suits, then retreats. The other spy disappears entirely, and it seems the takeover came to an end before it began. This was a waste of a plot, and hurt the ep overall for me. Hopefully, things will pick up in the next ep when the Age 2 appears and the storyline hopefully stabilizes without any further big timeskips.
Overlord Zaru

AGE-2 doesn't look at all like 00-Raiser if you ask me.

Although, I've grown to love the Zedas R now. Loved that fight seqeunce.

Also, this kinda like a SEED situation going on between Zehart and Asem? You have 2 friends on opposing sides and for some reason Asem reminds me of Athrun(fighting because his dad influenced him) and Zeheart fighting for his homeland(like how Kira fought for his friends on the Archangel)
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I just finished episode 18 and, once again, I am always confused with the way people always bitch about the episode. Saying it is boring and so forth...am I stupid for simply not seeing what they are talking about? Or should I go in with such high expectations that, no matter what Age does, I will never be pleased?

I don't go into watching an episode of Gundam Age expecting it to be a Hayao Miyazaki masterpiece, I go into it with no expectations at all (except for Gundam expectations) and I always go away pleased. Was I annoyed by Emily in the first generation? Yeah. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the show!

Maybe I haven't said this in a while (in fact, who has?) but I am REALLY enjoying Age.

The Graduation Scene was touching and it put a smile on my face. What were people honestly expecting in this episode by the way?

Emily getting captured, trapped in a MS hand, and dying in an over-the-top, ridiculous, unnecessary, depressing, gory, and pointless way, by means of getting crushed by a giant warship with tires? And having Asemu bring her head to M...oh wait...that was Victory Gundam...what do fans want from Age again?

When people complain about Age, and I watch old Gundam, I have to wonder A) what are these people comparing Age too, since a lot of the older shows are FAR from perfect? And B) If these older shows were playing now, would these fans be complaining? For example, "wow, Uso got on that Zanscare ship really easily" "wow, why is Katilijina (sp is wrong I know) blind now?" ect.

Anyway, annoyed rant over... for now…

I agree with people about the MP doing what needed to be done. I have said that I think that females should do more on this show then just cheer...but I am NOT going to look at every scene that a female character is in and demand that they do something when the situation doesn't warrant it. The MP's were being MP's...my only complaint is that one of them wasn't eating a chocolate bar.

Oh and as for Wolf’s “reappearance”…what reappearance? We only saw part of his face! He really didn’t see any combat this episode anyway, so people saying that he is no longer awesome…I am sure he will be later. You know…have something called patience? It is where you have to wait for good things to happen.

Oh and the Adele put up a pretty good fight against the Zedas R…nothing amazing, but still…they slowed him down. And considering Zeheart is a X-Rounder…what were people expecting? Jegan vs Marida fight in the first episode of Unicorn? Please.

Finally…I really enjoyed this episode. I think it was a lot better than last episode and it was very exciting! Oh and the music when Zeheart reveals himself? Amazing! Looking forward to the next episode where it looks like we get our first “willing” female pilot of Gundam Age! Yeah!!! :)

Loved this episode! Defiantly one of Age’s best (I hope this episode motivates Romary to do something interesting). Gasp! I know! What did I say? Age pleased me and I liked it?! What?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
ShadowCell

Gundam AGE has overall been a lot more upbeat than most Gundam shows tend to be. i mean, in what other Gundam show would you expect to see a cheerful high school graduation ceremony? so i suppose some people are put off by that. they go in thinking that Gundam is going to be darker than what Asem's generation has thus far given us.

of course, now Asem is going out into the big bad real world where the Vagans aren't also your school buddies, and the cast that was there for that decidedly grim ending to Flit's arc is starting to make a comeback, so we'll see how that goes.

with that said, i dunno, i thought this episode kinda sucked. the Vagans' attempt at taking over Tordia was pretty halfhearted, the Adele didn't live up to the expectations the show offered for it, the MPs just kind of left Zeheart there and that didn't make any sense, Romary is still in getting me in "you dumb bitch DO SOMETHING" mode, Woolf's return was rather anticlimatic, and i think they rather lingered on the graduation ceremony too long, at the expense of the rest of the plot, so the episode just turned out to be "fun times on Tordia, then Vagans get up in everyone's business, and then Asem beats them down and Romary makes doe eyes at him" for the third time.

but, like i said, it's all moving on. i'm particularly intrigued to see that Romary appears to be joining the military too. seeing how/if they change after some actual military training should be interesting.
SonicSP

I expected more from the Adele given how its supposed to have the same performance as the AGE-1, whichever time period that may be. I don't expect them to win or even not lose (this is the Zedas R being piloted by an X-Rounder afterall) but I was hoping for more dignified than being cleaved in half in the first few seconds of its appearance in a battle onscreen.

Adele Spallow would probably put up a better fight though, given how the Spallow Wear was originally designed to counter the Zedas in particular.

I thought it was an okay episode, but I didn't particular things prior to the graduation confrontation. The parts after that were nice though. Overall a decent episode but far from the level of episode 16 (one of the best if not the best for AGE IMO) as far as my opinion is concerned but it was a decent improvement from episode 17. Looking forward to the AGE-2's debut next episode.
hotlimit

Soma Taozi wrote:And B) If these older shows were playing now, would these fans be complaining?
Yes, they would. If you listen to the Gundamn! podcast, they make the point that every time a new show comes out, all the old ones that trolls complain about become instant classics.

I thought this ep was OK, it was good to see AGE-1 for one last time (I'm assuming), but man, what about that preview? Was that Dique's daughter?!?!
Amion

Soma Taozi wrote:I just finished episode 18 and, once again, I am always confused with the way people always bitch about the episode. Saying it is boring and so forth...am I stupid for simply not seeing what they are talking about? Or should I go in with such high expectations that, no matter what Age does, I will never be pleased?

I don't go into watching an episode of Gundam Age expecting it to be a Hayao Miyazaki masterpiece, I go into it with no expectations at all (except for Gundam expectations) and I always go away pleased. Was I annoyed by Emily in the first generation? Yeah. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the show!

Maybe I haven't said this in a while (in fact, who has?) but I am REALLY enjoying Age.

The Graduation Scene was touching and it put a smile on my face. What were people honestly expecting in this episode by the way?

Emily getting captured, trapped in a MS hand, and dying in an over-the-top, ridiculous, unnecessary, depressing, gory, and pointless way, by means of getting crushed by a giant warship with tires? And having Asemu bring her head to M...oh wait...that was Victory Gundam...what do fans want from Age again?

When people complain about Age, and I watch old Gundam, I have to wonder A) what are these people comparing Age too, since a lot of the older shows are FAR from perfect? And B) If these older shows were playing now, would these fans be complaining? For example, "wow, Uso got on that Zanscare ship really easily" "wow, why is Katilijina (sp is wrong I know) blind now?" ect.

Anyway, annoyed rant over... for now…

I agree with people about the MP doing what needed to be done. I have said that I think that females should do more on this show then just cheer...but I am NOT going to look at every scene that a female character is in and demand that they do something when the situation doesn't warrant it. The MP's were being MP's...my only complaint is that one of them wasn't eating a chocolate bar.

Oh and as for Wolf’s “reappearance”…what reappearance? We only saw part of his face! He really didn’t see any combat this episode anyway, so people saying that he is no longer awesome…I am sure he will be later. You know…have something called patience? It is where you have to wait for good things to happen.

Oh and the Adele put up a pretty good fight against the Zedas R…nothing amazing, but still…they slowed him down. And considering Zeheart is a X-Rounder…what were people expecting? Jegan vs Marida fight in the first episode of Unicorn? Please.

Finally…I really enjoyed this episode. I think it was a lot better than last episode and it was very exciting! Oh and the music when Zeheart reveals himself? Amazing! Looking forward to the next episode where it looks like we get our first “willing” female pilot of Gundam Age! Yeah!!! :)

Loved this episode! Defiantly one of Age’s best (I hope this episode motivates Romary to do something interesting). Gasp! I know! What did I say? Age pleased me and I liked it?! What?
Finally someone says what I've been thanking. I agree. I also am enjoying AGE, and as a matter of fact I also liked the music when Zeheart reveals himself and the battle with the Zedas R spinning and dodging the beam fire. Soma nails the other points, so with that said, I give this ep a four out of five.

And as far as AGE goes, I for one am glad there are no battleship Harlys running amuck.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Sinquser

Overlord Zaru wrote:AGE-2 doesn't look at all like 00-Raiser if you ask me.
I think it is because of the animation. The style and the feel of the animation (the launch sequence) is kind of the same.
Ryujin

zerogradius wrote:Off the bat, I want to say that I'm disappointed with how quickly the show is progressing. This is where the ep limitation hurts it. We see pictures in the MS clubhouse of the stuff the friends have done together the past year and a half, and I think it would have been better if we actually got to see some of that stuff (especially what led to the picture between Asemu, Zeheart and Romary) instead of just seeing pics. It also would have better sculptured the relationship between Zeheart and Asemu, which has not been developed too well in my opinion, neither has the supposed love triangle with Romary.
Perhaps these'll get covered in more detail with flashbacks interspersed throughout later episodes (probably as poignant counterpoints to the inevitable dramatic headbutting between Zeheart & Asemu).
Chris
Administrator

zerogradius wrote:Off the bat, I want to say that I'm disappointed with how quickly the show is progressing. This is where the ep limitation hurts it. We see pictures in the MS clubhouse of the stuff the friends have done together the past year and a half, and I think it would have been better if we actually got to see some of that stuff (especially what led to the picture between Asemu, Zeheart and Romary) instead of just seeing pics. It also would have better sculptured the relationship between Zeheart and Asemu, which has not been developed too well in my opinion, neither has the supposed love triangle with Romary.
There's simply no winning here. If they took the time to show this, then people would complain that it's going too slowly given the number of episodes in the show, or that it's a stupid "high school drama" and "not Gundam." As it is, I've already seen people complaining that they've spent even three episodes on Asem's time in school. We don't need to see every little bit of detail about the lives of the characters. There's certain things you can infer from visual cues that are given to you, such as the pictures on that board and the characters' reaction to them.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
SolidSpidr

Overall I enjoyed the episode but I do understand others complaints, the Adele stood like turrets. Your ms has legs and boosters, use them.

Also wtf???
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
Wellman

Soma Taozi wrote:I just finished episode 18 and, once again, I am always confused with the way people always bitch about the episode. Saying it is boring and so forth...am I stupid for simply not seeing what they are talking about? Or should I go in with such high expectations that, no matter what Age does, I will never be pleased?

Actually I'm expecting something along those lines for the third generation.

But aside from that I am digging AGE. It does feel rushed in some parts, but in it's own way it is still slowly building interesting characters and settings to inhabit this universe. And I think compared to the first generation, this one actually seems to be doing a better job at moving the story direction.
ShadowCell

SolidSpidr wrote:Overall I enjoyed the episode but I do understand others complaints, the Adele stood like turrets. Your ms has legs and boosters, use them.

Also wtf???
that is the best screencap ever. i should turn that into an avatar.

unless it's supposed to be Gundam AGE's equivalent to Derpy Hooves or something...in which case, that's even better.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Actually this episode was a lot better than the last one. This one had some actual character drama in it, capped off by Zeheart's big reveal. Looking forward to the next ep and what the spawn of Dique will be doing. Ah, that's probably too harsh, I'm sure she's going to be doing better than Dique did.
Oh and if Zeheart really is Decil's kid... how is he so well adjusted?!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

The latest episode was so good. Finally I went from caring about flit and emily to wanting to know about asemu and the new girl. I really like how asemu has been friends with the white haired guy for over a year. They are going to do what gundam seed tried and failed to do with kira and athren, by actually getting us to care about the friendship. Wow 2 things done better than the original: Lalah, now friends facing each other
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
teslashark

Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Arbiter GUNDAM

teslashark wrote:http://jan.2chan.net/zip/2/src/1329049919803.jpg
Do stare... Ey.
teslashark...... you're a boss.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
reeoyuy

Anybody noticed how Woolf called Vagan as "aliens" (iseijin)? Considering how shocked he was when he found out UE's true identity, maybe he is in denial or something.