The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vent Noir

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

So the AGE-1 is still lying around... wonder if someone will get it as a hand-me-down?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
ShadowCell

now i've got this forlorn hope that Gundam AGE will end with Grandpa Flit, Daddy Asem, and Little Boy Kio taking all three Gundam AGE units out for an epic final battle with whoever.
Strike Zero

Well, the AGE-2's debut was more than a little underwhelming. I mean, sure, it performed well enough, but even the AGE-1's first sortie had more flair than that.

I'm honestly hoping we don't have to be subjected to an "Asemu disobedience arc." That would just make me tired. With any luck, Millias' little disciplinary measure will have nipped that bit in the bud before it amounts to anything.

Arisa is love, it's as simple as that. :) One episode in, and she's already achieved top bro-tier with Asemu. I'm interested to see if we'll get any potential romantic-al developments from her end, tough it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't. Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to see more of her and what she does in the future.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
SonicSP

Strike Zero wrote:Well, the AGE-2's debut was more than a little underwhelming. I mean, sure, it performed well enough, but even the AGE-1's first sortie had more flair than that.
I know, I also thought its pretty underwhelming as a "debut battle". AGE-1's debut was much better, and the animation this time didn't help either. Good episode but the battle was surprisingly the disappointing part, sortie was awesome though. Never seen so many pilots say their head out lines at one time in AGE till now.
zerogradius

Strike Zero wrote:Well, the AGE-2's debut was more than a little underwhelming. I mean, sure, it performed well enough, but even the AGE-1's first sortie had more flair than that.

I'm honestly hoping we don't have to be subjected to an "Asemu disobedience arc." That would just make me tired. With any luck, Millias' little disciplinary measure will have nipped that bit in the bud before it amounts to anything.

Arisa is love, it's as simple as that. :) One episode in, and she's already achieved top bro-tier with Asemu. I'm interested to see if we'll get any potential romantic-al developments from her end, tough it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't. Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to see more of her and what she does in the future.
Personally, I thought that that the Age-2's debut was better. The Age-1's debut was too much like that of Amuro and the RX-78-2.

As for Arisa, I don't mind if there is a love triangle going on there, as long as her character does not suffer. It would be disappointing if she was turned into some milquetoast who needed Asem to come save her time and again instead of the tough and determined person she seems to be.
Wingnut

Arisa could also end up being like how Pala was to Garrod for all we know and be a more partner-in-crime type of friend.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
zerogradius

Given that Arisa did approach Asem with friendship, I'd venture to think that you're right. With Asem out of school and Zeheart being his enemy, he doesn't have any close friends around him anymore, so arisa could fill that role, hopefully better than Dique did in Flit's arc.
DuelGundam2099

Meanwhile at Bonehimer's channel.

As for the debacle on who got the better debut, I say they're about the same although I'm leaning toward AGE-1.
nacho-wan

The production crew of this show surely loves timeskips. This is the third one right? Anyway, I loved this episode. The new music for the AGE 2 is sweet.

My only gripe with this episode was that Asemu waited for the AGE-2 upgrading software. In that circumstances I would have taken the AGE 1 (and probably gotten trashed, but that the usual in this situations where replacement Gundam are involved).

It was my impression, or does two of the Adeles had the number one stamped in their chests? I'm pretty sure I didn't saw a unit 3.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Sinquser

There were 2 Adeles and 1 Genoace II
yazi88

The Genoace II pilot Obright aboard the Diva is also veteran pilot as well, he mentioned that he served under Woolf before. So I'm guessing that he might be the Largan of Generation 2. Not to mention that he is also the senior officer in charge under Woolf as demonstrated in episode 19 when Woolf put him in charge of looking after the rookie Adele pilots when he went to go chase Asem.

I kinda feel bad that he is stuck to the crappier Genoace II, but at least its a machine he's used to. Who knows, he might upgrade to the Genoace III/Neo Genoace which will probably appear later on. There is always a III after II in terms of naming mobile suits in the history of the franchise of Gundam. At least the main names instead of the variations.
reeoyuy

nacho-wan wrote: My only gripe with this episode was that Asemu waited for the AGE-2 upgrading software. In that circumstances I would have taken the AGE 1 (and probably gotten trashed, but that the usual in this situations where replacement Gundam are involved).
Dique said AGE-1 is already sent to Big Ring, it's not aboard Diva.
Homeless

http://i.imgur.com/PWRp2.jpg

Summaries for episodes 22 and 23.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
balofo

Spoiler
22: Big Ring Absolute Defence Line
The Vegans attack the Big Ring.There the Vegan X Rounder squad, Magicians 8 are inserted. In addition to that Zeheart and Decil participate, and the Federation forces are driven back. There, Flit fights the Vegans with his skills as a commander.

23: The Colony of Doubt
Flit and his group infiltrate Solon City, looking for proof that a corporation there is secretly working with the Vegans. Asem, uneasy over how the operation plan might get civillians involved, argues with Flit, who refuses to listen. Asem bawwwws and runs away from the Diva.
latenlazy

balofo wrote:
Spoiler
22: Big Ring Absolute Defence Line
The Vegans attack the Big Ring.There the Vegan X Rounder squad, Magicians 8 are inserted. In addition to that Zeheart and Decil participate, and the Federation forces are driven back. There, Flit fights the Vegans with his skills as a commander.

23: The Colony of Doubt
Flit and his group infiltrate Solon City, looking for proof that a corporation there is secretly working with the Vegans. Asem, uneasy over how the operation plan might get civillians involved, argues with Flit, who refuses to listen. Asem bawwwws and runs away from the Diva.
Guess we discounted daddy drama a bit too soon.
Overlord Zaru

Spoiler
I am not surprised we would get our eventual Shinji vs Gendo-I mean Fit vs Asem conflict. Asem will meet with the Veigans and may see a human side to them and may even view the Feds as wrong. It would be fresh, seeing a protag Jump ship to join the Veigans.

And we get our Char for S3 who has legit blonde hair.

But hey, I maybe wrong.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
nacho-wan

Overlord Zaru wrote:
Spoiler
And we get our Char for S3 who has legit blonde hair.

But hey, I maybe wrong.
I like the idea, but sadly that is too avant-guard for this show. Surely we will have a conflict between dad and son, but its repercussions won't be so radical.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Overlord Zaru

Since we have the 22 and 23 summaries, what of the 20 and 21 summaries?
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Nagato21

I just finished watching Ep19
Did Asemu escape the traditional "Teenage Gundam pilot slap" for insubordination?
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!