Question pertaining to Z Gundam Define and 0083 Rebellion

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Shadowhart

Question pertaining to Z Gundam Define and 0083 Rebellion

Hello all, I am new to these forums and this is the first topic I have created. About a year ago I learned of the existence of Z Gundam Define and 0083 Rebellion, retellings of two of my favorite Gundam series. I have hoped for news regarding the potential American lincense of these two manga series yet I have heard nothing.

Am I ill informed or is there no actual news for these two mangas? If there is no news of a license do any of you believe it is likely to be licensed or will I have to learn to read in Japanese?
Dark Duel

Re: Question pertaining to Z Gundam Define and 0083 Rebellio

AFAIK nothing is being licensed for US release as far as Gundam anymore, not since Bandai Entertainment pulled the plug three years ago .
The only exception that I know of is Vertical's release of The Origin. So unless Vertical picks up either of those two manga after they finish with The Origin, it ain't happening.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
zetatype

Re: Question pertaining to Z Gundam Define and 0083 Rebellio

There is no news but recently Vertical released a survey asking what kind of gundam manga the fans would be interested in seeing localized. Supposedly they will announce the new title sometime in the Spring of this year. Vertical is only interested in titles that were created after 2007 and luckily both Zeta Define and 0083 Rebellion meet that requirement. Though given how relatively new Rebellion is I doubt it would fit into any release schedule they have in mind.

Anyway there is already a thread for the Vertical survey
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16404