Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deathzealot

Re: Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I'm the local CE fan and even I can't see good in this. :| And really, why Flaay?
Agreed. I would love to see some Fan-Service for say Miri, Cagalli ,or Lacus why did they have to give Flay MORE Fan-Service then she already had. /shakes head/

Anyways I am still going to watch this, no matter the minor changes or fan-service, thanks to it being CE which is my main Gundam Universe of Choice. /shrug/
HellCat

I suppose to be fair there is context to this. It's been added to the infamous scene where she catches Kira and Cagalli talking and he starts to slip out of the shell she's made for him. So whilst kinda gratuitous, it's not like they added a scene where she's a catgirl maid using handguns to stop ZAFT invaders.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Dark Duel wrote:I am so glad I stopped watching this after episode 2...because frankly, that's sad.

Well I like Seed a lot, and I am not bothered at all by these changes. Are they unnecessary? Sure. But really this Remaster has actually done enough things right that I don't mind. Some new animation, thus far no real BIG stock footage use, a good incorporation of some new scenes from the Special edition/for this project, a great fusion between episode 14 and 15 from the original, cleaning up some mistakes in animation, ect.

Really the only big down sides are the new fanservice of Flay (which really shouldn't make you hate the remaster, "oh no, fan-service...and it is on flay....oh no, this project sucks" is poor rational in my opinion), times where it is VERY clear what is remastered and what isn't (not as bad as Zeta Gundam's new translation...of course, I don't view those movies as a sin-against-Zeta-Gundam like most fans do.), and honestly...the biggest problem and really the only one that really matters...is the cropping out of the surrounding frames of animation. It is kind of annoying and you do lose some things by doing that.

But this remaster project is fun, it allows you to revisit Seed again, and it reminded me what a good series Seed was, with some really good, defined characters, and descent drama...in other words, not a bad Space Opera.

I guess what I am saying Dark Duel is that you should give the show another chance...unless, of course, you never liked Seed in the first place.

On a side note, I believe it is episode 15...but the Remastered has made it BLATANTLY clear that Flay and Kira did it...we had a whole flash back and everything. I was shocked, I didn't think they were going to put that scene in from the Special Edition movies.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Arbiter GUNDAM

I guess at least for me it's a case of "they already had tons of fanservice and now this? What's next, topless shots of Murrue? Cagalli and Athrun get a sex scene too?" :lol: :roll: It's just a goofy thing.

Speaking of Cagalli, do you think it's too much to hope for that if they remaster Destiny as well that they'll fix her and put her back with Athrun? :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Deathzealot

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Speaking of Cagalli, do you think it's too much to hope for that if they remaster Destiny as well that they'll fix her and put her back with Athrun? :)
We can only hope....
DuelGundam2099

^That and make Shin apologize to her. :P That will fix my issues with it anyway.
Deathzealot

DuelGundam2099 wrote:^That and make Shin apologize to her. :P That will fix my issues with it anyway.
Amen. Amen.
Arbiter GUNDAM

DuelGundam2099 wrote:^That and make Shin apologize to her. :P That will fix my issues with it anyway.
Preach it, brother.

--Freyja Wion
Admiral Larsen

Dark Duel wrote:I am so glad I stopped watching this after episode 2...because frankly, that's sad.

Join the club. I can't really see any good in this HD remaster when the resources committed to this should have been committed elsewhere.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I guess at least for me it's a case of "they already had tons of fanservice and now this? What's next, topless shots of Murrue? Cagalli and Athrun get a sex scene too?" :lol: :roll: It's just a goofy thing.

Speaking of Cagalli, do you think it's too much to hope for that if they remaster Destiny as well that they'll fix her and put her back with Athrun? :)
How much more fanservice do we need huh ( :roll: )

Oh and it would be a long shot for a remaster for Destiny considering all of the stories that I have read over the years about the production. :roll:
Deathzealot wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:I'm the local CE fan and even I can't see good in this. :| And really, why Flaay?
Agreed. I would love to see some Fan-Service for say Miri, Cagalli ,or Lacus why did they have to give Flay MORE Fan-Service then she already had. /shakes head/

Anyways I am still going to watch this, no matter the minor changes or fan-service, thanks to it being CE which is my main Gundam Universe of Choice. /shrug/
At least be grateful that it is Flay who is getting most of it as most of the time giving fanservice to characters IMO demeans them.

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Preach it, brother.
In my opinion, Cagalli has no one to blame but herself for what created Shin in the first place as seen with his hate of Orb in Gundam SEED Destiny.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well, Shinn being angry at first isn't all bad but Cagalli still needs fixing. :)

--Freyja Wion
Admiral Larsen

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Well, Shinn being angry at first isn't all bad but Cagalli still needs fixing. :)
Mind if I ask what you mean by that?
Arbiter GUNDAM

You know, NOT making her a useless, spineless, crying ninny with a horrifically deconstructed personality.

--Freyja Wion
Admiral Larsen

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:You know, NOT making her a useless, spineless, crying ninny with a horrifically deconstructed personality.

Amen to that. Doing so and of course keeping her with Athrun and not having Athrun have all of that fracas that happened in SEED Destiny would be an enormous step to fixing the problems Destiny have. :D
Zeino

I honestly don't have a problem with them adding fanservice as long as they don't overboard with it. This seems pretty mild so far. My concern is removing or fixing the stock-footage and excess flashbacks which was the biggest problem that most fans had with original Seed. It would be nice to see that issue done away with.
Admiral Larsen wrote: Join the club. I can't really see any good in this HD remaster when the resources committed to this should have been committed elsewhere.
And where pray tell should they be committed? It's not like Unicorn and Age are lacking in any resources .
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Zeino wrote:I honestly don't have a problem with them adding fanservice as long as they don't overboard with it. This seems pretty mild so far. My concern is removing or fixing the stock-footage and excess flashbacks which was the biggest problem that most fans had with original Seed. It would be nice to see that issue done away with.
Admiral Larsen wrote: Join the club. I can't really see any good in this HD remaster when the resources committed to this should have been committed elsewhere.
And where pray tell should they be committed? It's not like Unicorn and Age are lacking in any resources .
In fact Zeino...if episode 14 and 15 being fused together was ANY indication...they are doing just that. :)
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Dark Duel

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:You know, NOT making her a useless, spineless, crying ninny with a horrifically deconstructed personality.
NOT gonna happen, that's almost 100% guaranteed. If what I've seen and heard of this project so far is any indication, they are reanimating a few scenes here and there, trimming off a couple of episodes - probably the recap eps - and upping the fapservice. I very much doubt we'll see anything even remotely resembling a major change to the ending of Seed, and in the event the project spreads to Destiny, I expect the same thing there. Little bits and pieces reanimated, a third of the frame sliced off to make it fake-widescreen, and more boobs bouncing, but nothing really substantial changing.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ShadowCell

why would you expect an HD remaster to substantively change the story anyway? they never promised that. "HD remaster" doesn't mean "director's cut" or "extended edition" or whatever, it means (ostensibly) higher-quality picture.
Zeino

Also the point of this is to drum up interest for the Seed movie. It's still going to happan you know soon or later.
Kuruni

So...they would only use Perfect Strike for eyecatch?
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Zeino wrote:Also the point of this is to drum up interest for the Seed movie. It's still going to happan you know soon or later.
I suppose there is a tiny possibility this will generate interest for a SEED movie, but if by some miracle that were to occur (especially with rumors of an AGE movie as well) then I would bet that they would want to bring back Fukuda and Morosawa and do we really want that?

In any case I really don't think it'll happen. It's been SEVEN years almost since Destiny ended.

--Freyja Wion