Spring 2012 anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vent Noir

Spring 2012 anime

http://thecartdriver.com/wp-content/upl ... oAX24G.jpg

What are you interested in?

Mine...
Saint Seiya Omega (maybe)
Ginga e Kickoff (maybe)
Upotte!!
Eureka Seven AO
Tasogare Otome X Amnesia
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Saki: Achiga-hen
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
ShadowCell

Re: Spring 2012 anime

they're making little anime girl versions of guns now too?

wait holy crap is that Thomas the Tank Engine

screw you guys brb i'm gonna go watch that C:
reeoyuy

From its description, Shiba Inuko-san sounds like that one episode of Cromartie where only two people realized that Mechazawa is a robot.

I'm looking forward to Queens Blade Rebellion. I must be honest that I'm expecting all those ridiculous fan-service but I actually interested in the story and characters too.
Sume Gai

Definite
=Ozuma: more Leji Matsumoto is welcome wholeheartedly. (though I do admit a Bias for Space Trains above almost all things)
=Fate/Zero: season two the conclusion of one of the best written and paced anime of last year Count! Me! IN!

Maybe:
=Might check out Eureka Ao but TBH I was lukewarm on the first series so I will likely wait on some opinions.
=Train Hero caught my eye for involving trains and transforming two ingredients for automatic win. If I stumble across some subs I'll give it a peak.
=Cosmic Brothers: interesting concept but why is that simple title left untranslated?
=Saint Seiya Omega: being unfamiliar with the franchise other than a few episodes back when Toonami aired it as Knights of the Zodiac I can't say for sure if I'll go out of my way for this revival

Definitely not
=Upotte!: Seriously Japan? anthropomorphized assault rifles? I'd say this genre was running thin if not for the fact that I've absolutely never liked it.

The rest slide between maybe and definitely not without sticking out enough to grab my attention. Either sequels of shows I haven't seen or new properties that seem too generic without anything to catch my interest (Japan will have to pull some serious crazy to get me invested in an anime with a high school setting again).
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

Nothing out of Eureka Seven's sequel and episode 5 of Unicorn look remotely interesting.
Compass

Uchuu Kyoudai... a DOG IN A SPACE SUIT?

Fate/Zero p2 I'm in.
Ozuma could possibly pique my interest.

Also, Fate/Zero Extra? What magic is this?!
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
NastyNate

I'm excited for Eureka 7 AO and yet afraid too. I really hope they don't mess something up or give even more confusion. What I would like to see is new characters with proper flashbacks showing the outcome of old ones.

Also I am dreading watching that show in subs...yuk. I really liked the first shows dub and I prefer watching anime dubbed.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Strike Zero

As of now, the only thing that manages to catch my attention is Upotte!! (which will probably end up being pretty meh, but "Gun Moe Anthropomorphisms" is something that simply has to be checked out. I don't really care too much about Eureka Seven AO, but I'll be obligatorily checking it out since it's a mecha show with high production values. Then, of course, there's also Gundam Unicorn episode 5.

I see that GOTHICMADE is finally coming out -- I love Mamoru Nagano's mecha designs, so I'll definitely watch that if I get the chance.

I'll probably also have to find a way to check out Thomas the Tank Engine (ah, memories) since previous Japanese dubs of the show have apparently had Thomas being voiced by NOBUYUKI HIYAMA. Which sounds like it would be absolutely amazing.

Anything else, I'll simply be waiting for reviews to see what they're like before delving in.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
yazi88

I'm actually a bit more excited about the Summer 2012 season because SWORD ART ONLINE, one of my favorite light novels, is getting a anime adaptation. I think its set in the same world as Accel World because there is a crossover story for the two series.

Although I'm glad that Korean Zombie Desk Car season 2 is finally coming out. Now where's my Nyon-Koi season 2!?
Chris
Administrator

Looks like April is going to be a busy month for me:

Eureka Seven AO
Lupin III
Sakamichi no Apollon
Saint Seiya Omega
Queen's Blade Rebellion (for the lulz)
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dark Duel

Meh. Not seeing anything that's catching my eye too much other than Fate/Zero p.2 and Unicorn.
Might check out that new E7 show though.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
farjad93

Nothing I'm particularly interested in besides Unicorn Episode 5
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
ShadowCell

Strike Zero wrote:I'll probably also have to find a way to check out Thomas the Tank Engine (ah, memories) since previous Japanese dubs of the show have apparently had Thomas being voiced by NOBUYUKI HIYAMA. Which sounds like it would be absolutely amazing.
Nobuyuki Hiyama voicing Thomas.

well.

you know, the only way they could top that is if they had Shuichi Ikeda voice James or hire Hard Gay to be Mr. Conductor (which would actually probably turn out about as well as it did when they hired George Carlin to be Mr. Conductor--which is to say, totally and completely awesome)

screw the anthro-gun-jailbait-whatever show, imma watch Thomas the Tank Engine
Ryujin

Looks like another full season for me...

Starting from the top left:

Ozuma
St. Seiya Omega (with Umakoshi of Heartcatch Precure & Casshern Sins as animation director; whatever else, it'll have incredible fight animation)
Upotte!! (because guns, and the format suggests that each episode will be mercifully short)
Cardfight Vanguard S2 (for a show about card games, they've played it pretty straight. Also, regular Milky Holmes cameos)
Phi Brain S2 (PUZZLES KILLED MY PAAAAAREEENNNTTSSS)
Eureka 7 AO
Korewa Zombie Desu Ka? OF THE DEAD (Season 2, you piece of ****)
Jormungand (about arms dealers screwing each other over in contemporary times; I've been enjoying the manga and its fairly accurate representation of modern weaponry)
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (because Lovecraft moe)
Medaka Box (to see if it'll go all meta like the manga)
Zetman
Accel World
Queen's Blade: Rebellion (I watched the last two seasons & the OVA's. Why stop now? More Nanael would be fine, too)

also, the various OVA's & movies...
yazi88 wrote:I'm actually a bit more excited about the Summer 2012 season because SWORD ART ONLINE, one of my favorite light novels, is getting a anime adaptation. I think its set in the same world as Accel World because there is a crossover story for the two series.
iirc, Accel World takes place in the same world some years after Sword Art Online.
Kenji

Personally, I'm betting on the one that starts with the protagonist licking some girl's drool off a desk. Y'all can start a pool on what I'm betting on. :)
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
ShadowCell

a pool of what >>
Sume Gai

I'd wager a betting Pool Shadowcell.

I forgot to mention OVAs and Movies though there isn't much to tell UC 5 is a definite purchase and if I get a chance I would like to look into Gothicmade.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kenji

Haha, yeah, a betting pool.

Or, the equivalent of me pointing at something and going "tee-hee." :P
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Peppermint

Ozuma and ZETMAN are the only ones that I think I'd enjoy and be able to stick with to the end.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san sounds like something I'd probably watch just once for the lulz, and Hiiro no Kakera looks fun to watch because I love crappy shoujo anime for some reason. :x
quasadra

Ryujin wrote:iirc, Accel World takes place in the same world some years after Sword Art Online.
it is by the same author. he keep saying they have nothing to do with each other what-so-ever. but like yazi88 said, he did write a short of Kirito vs. Haruyuki in vol 10 of Accel World. so, really, i cant tell if he is serious or trolling us. i have read a bit of SAO's Alicization arc, the concept presented there is just shy of becoming Brain Burst(it is a program that form the Accel World) in Accel World. i would be surprised if they didnt connect.

@yazi88: if you like SAO that much, then Accel World is a must watch for you. it is safe to say that you will not disappoint. if they dont mess up the adaptation of course.

my list are:
Eureka 7 Ao (because i enjoy the first)
Amnesia (it looks interesting)
Fate Zero (gotta finish za story)
Jormungand (again it looks interesting)
Shining Hearts (for pretty girls)
Zetman (my friend keep pestering me to watch it)
Accel World (cause i have been reading the LN and its good)
Girlfriend X (the manga is... strange. it has something to do with drool :wink: )

may or may not follow depends on my mood:
Upttote! (i have seen worst, there is a manga about moe WW2 warship)
Sankarea (the manga is average, so yeah, i suggest one should at least check it out before writing it off)
Space Bros! (i have no idea what im getting into here)
Hyouka (its KyoAni, its a hit or miss)
Medaka Box (i like it pre genre shift)
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC